Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Draft 8: Cad Bane's Speeder

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

FBTB Draft 8: Cad Bane's Speeder

Postby Staff » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:01 pm

The next FBTB Parts Draft will take place on Saturday November 17th @ 10 am PST!

We'll be drafting 10 copies of Star Wars 8128 Cad Bane's Speeder for $27, about 50% off MSRP! (shipping charges will be calculated later for each participant.)

You can see the inventory for this set on Bricklink.

The draft will follow our usual rules.

Draft registration will commence on Thursday November 8th at 9 am PST, which you can do by clicking through to the topic linked below this post and simply posting "CADZOOKS!" Feel free to post any and all questions or comments in the thread; however, anyone posting "CADZOOKS!" before the clock hits 9 am PST on November 8th will not be allowed to participate.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/11/06/fbtb-draft-8-cad-banes-speeder/
Staff

Re: FBTB Draft 8: Cad Bane's Speeder

Postby Jacopoli » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:40 pm

Woops, just realized my shipping costs will be reeally high, (due to living in england), so thanks but no thanks.
Jacopoli

Postby Chief » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:01 pm

Pretty Much Everything You Need to Know

What we're drafting: 10 copies of 8128 Star Wars Cad Bane's Speeder

How much $$$: USD $27, plus a separate shipping fee that includes the actual postage and packaging cost. After the draft has taken place, I will contact you with your shipping fee.

Who: TBD on Thursday November 8th at 9 am PST when the registration period opens. This will be open to any FBTB member who joined before that date, regardless of geographical location or post count.

When: Saturday November 17th at 10 am PST

Where: #fbtbdraft, a special draft room we'll make on the FBTB IRC chat. Participants will need to familiarize themselves with the workings of the chat before draft day. Don't worry, it's not terribly difficult!

-The first 10 forum members who respond to this topic on Thursday November 8th after 9 am PST and pay the entry fee (via PayPal within 24 hours after the Payment Instructions have been sent out) will become our Participants *cue fanfare.* If any of the 10 Potentials do not pay their fee within the timeframe, the next person on the Standby List gets their spot in the draft.
-If something comes up within the next couple weeks and you can no longer participate, you have until 24 hours before draft time to cancel without penalty. There will be no refunds for cancellation within 24 hours of draft time. I will consider polite requests to be in the next draft. Repeat offenders will not receive this privilege.
-I will do my best to fill any vacancies up 12 hours before the draft. It pays to be on the standby list: members have made it into the participant list from the standby list for a few drafts now.
-All participants must be present in the IRC chat at draft time. We will wait a maximum of 10 minutes for latecomers. There will be no participation by proxy: you're either present for the draft or you're out. After 10 minutes your spot is forfeited and we proceed without you, and there will be no fee refund. Again, however, I will consider giving you a spot in the next draft providing your excuse tugs my heartstrings enough. Repeat offenders will be shunned.
-All participants MUST have an inventory in front of them during the draft. I don't care if it's on your screen or printed in front of you, you need it. Participants will check off/note/delete items after each person's turn. It's imperative that everyone keep track of what parts are still up for grabs. The week of the draft I will provide an online inventory spreadsheet with lot numbers individually identified, and it will be instantly updated with who picked what throughout the draft process. Example: here's the inventory from the last draft.
-Once the draft has started, the first participant will select a Lot # from the provided inventory, then the second participant, and so on, until we get to the end of the list. Then we work our way back up the list from bottom to top. Then top to bottom. And so on. This is the serpentine method, and so far has been the popular method for our drafts.
-At the conclusion of the draft, FBTB will package and ship out the chosen parts to their rightful owners, who will congratulate FBTB on a job well done and will immediately clamor for the next draft.
-No whining. There's a fine line between making helpful suggestions and complaining.

Confirmed Participants:
kjklock
twbooth
murphquake
noahtom
ltr
molrak
azoreg
JustPlainJim (standby #1)
CloneDoc (standby #3)
MightyPipSqueek (standby #4)

Standby:
lionafurbish (standby #2)
Chief

Postby thegremlin » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:46 pm

Time to check the calendar ... and then get the inventory sorted into a priority list ... :)
thegremlin

Postby noahtom » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Which is now 7am Hawaii Standard TIme, see I can figure out daylight savings time!
noahtom

Postby murphquake » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 pm

Oh boy this is gonna be great!

One of my favorite CW sets, lots of great elements!
murphquake

Postby murphquake » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:54 pm

Chief,
May want to add something to the rules about having reliable internet service ;-)
murphquake

Postby twbooth » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:01 am

CADZOOKS!
twbooth

Postby murphquake » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:03 am

CADZOOKS!
murphquake

Postby ltr » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:05 am

CADZOOKS!
ltr

Postby kjklock » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:06 am

CADZOOKS!
kjklock

Postby molrak » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:07 am

CADZOOKS!
molrak

Postby twbooth » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:26 am

Not sure if this was decided or finalized at the final draft, but if the "what to do about minifigs" is still a discussion, I vote for the commandos and droids to be 4-3-3 (so we can build our "army"). I'm indifferent about Cad and Shahan, but would be nice if everyone got one of those two.
twbooth

Postby kjklock » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:41 am

I hope that this topic goes up for a vote again. If it does, I'll be voting for each participant to automatically get 1 copy of each minifigure.
kjklock

Postby azoreg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:32 am

CADZOOKS!
azoreg

Postby azoreg » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:40 am

I liked the 4-3-3 thing we did last time.
azoreg

Postby thegremlin » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:23 pm

Cadzooks!
thegremlin

Postby noahtom » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:35 pm

CADZOOKS!
noahtom

Postby Chief » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:43 pm

So.... unless I'm forgetting if ltr participated before, he is our one newbie so far :O
Chief

Postby Lich_Barrister » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:04 pm

CADZOOKS!
Lich_Barrister

Next

Return to Community Features