Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[USA] Free Shirtless Darth Maul with $25 Purchase at Toys R Us.com

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[USA] Free Shirtless Darth Maul with $25 Purchase at Toys R Us.com

Postby Staff » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:46 am

Darth Maul promo

Toys R Us has the shirtless Darth Maul polybag free with $25 purchase. The promotion is online only, but according to Maul's page listing, he's also available for $4.99 online and in-store.

I also found some "deals," listed HERE, but it's mostly discounts that neutralize mark-ups at best. The Star Wars Advent Calendar is "on sale" for $49.99. You know, the price everyone scoffed at so most retailers brought it down to $39.99.

Looks like your best bet is to try finding Maul in a store and paying retail. Maul goes for $10+ on Bricklink.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/11/04/usa-free-shirtless-darth-maul-with-25-purchase-at-toys-r-us-com/
Staff

Re: [USA] Free Shirtless Darth Maul with $25 Purchase at Toy

Postby Ultron32 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:48 pm

Awesome. I'll have to head down to my local TRU tomorrow, and try to pick one up.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby Dendo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:39 pm

Can anybody confirm that they have them in stores? I am not going to be able to go until tomorrow.
Dendo

Postby ps99041 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:13 pm

Yup, this creates a dilemma for me as I hate paying full price for LEGOs, especially when it's the full marked up price at TRU. The only set I'm willing to get is the Desert Skiff and it's $0.01 short of $25. Hopefully, they'll have tons of these in store but past experience has shown that these things are usually gone by the 2nd day...
ps99041

Postby Ultron32 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Darn! They didn't have it. I'll keep checking. Or maybe I'll just get it online.
Ultron32

Postby nyjpapi » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Ultron32 wrote:Darn! They didn't have it. I'll keep checking. Or maybe I'll just get it online.

There weren't any at my local TRU either.
nyjpapi

Postby the archangel » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:38 am

In Minnesota area, this came from my friend who went out last night to check:

"I asked a TRU employee about this as there were none to be found in the store...She went and looked it up and she said "I found what you were talking about, but NONE of our stores received any, so it looks like it's more of an online exclusive than the website would lead you to believe."

SO, it looks like ordering online is the only way to get one, and since they are only free with order (one per order) if you want more than one you'll have to place multiple orders."

I'm still going to check back but if this holds true it'll bum me out.
the archangel

Postby Ultron32 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:33 am

^I was thinking this maybe. They're still not at my store. I'll have to just buy something online. The planet sets are on sale.
Ultron32

Postby the archangel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:12 am

I was trying to order something yesterday and DM showed up in my cart. I got distracted by work and came back about an hour later, refreshed and DM no longer showed up in the cart. Now I cannot get it to show up. I'm not going to order if I don't get DM but I'm worried now that TRU might be out of stock. Any insight from anyone who has ordered in the last 24 hours?
the archangel

Postby UOldPirate » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:33 am

Sorry archangel, but it looks like TRU is out of shirtless Maul figs. It's no longer available for "Ship-To-Home" on the main product page, which is why it's not being added to your cart. Here's the link to the Maul minifig page at TRU if want to check to see if it comes back in stock:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=13291820
UOldPirate

Postby the archangel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:55 am

That's what I was afraid of. It really only irks me because I had an order ready with DM in the cart and I got called to do something else.... I will hope they get another shipment.
the archangel

Postby Ultron32 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:26 am

Yeah,it would seem to be just plain gone. I was going to get something too. But it's gone. Maybe it will show up in stores now.
Ultron32

Return to Finds/Deals