Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Mech Madness 2012 Building Tournament - Secret Crisis

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: FBTB Mech Madness 2012 Building Tournament - Secret Cris

Postby brodey1 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:39 pm

I made a mech for the VILLAIN Deadpool. I used the official lego figure.
IMG_3528 by brodey2012, on Flickr

Here is proof of the fig's ability to pilot the mech.
IMG_3525 by brodey2012, on Flickr

Here is the mech itself.
IMG_3537 by brodey2012, on Flickr

The head can rotate 360 degrees. The mech's armament consists of two large katanas and a flick missile launcher hidden in its stomach (pictures available on my photostream, brodey2012).
brodey1

Postby Larry Lars » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Killer Croc Mech

Villain

croc_01 by Larry Lars, on Flickr

croc_02 by Larry Lars, on Flickr

croc_03 by Larry Lars, on Flickr
Larry Lars

Postby Jake's Oy » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:07 pm

brodey1 wrote:I made a mech for the VILLAIN Deadpool.

I've been a long time fan of Deadpool. Curious as to why you would label him a villain? Not saying your wrong. I just find him to be to monkey wrench that annoys everyone. But for the most part I believe he sides with the good guys.
Jake's Oy

Postby MotionOTheOcean » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:35 pm

brodey1 wrote:I made a mech for the VILLAIN Deadpool.

You might want to retake your pictures with a sheet for the background or something since currently you are breaking the plain/gradient background photography rule. This makes your mech look better without distractions in the background as well. Its getting down to the wire here (only 20 minutes left), but this shouldn't be that big of a problem if you do it quickly.

Master Beef wrote:LegoCloneFanatic: Your mech, I believe, is breaking the rules since it is extremely similar to the Lex Luthor Power Armor set. You still have a little time to make some changes... ...otherwise, you'll be disqualified. :(

Also, hate to be a stickler, but I agree with Master Beef on this one, this mech looks almost exactly the same with some slight modifications.

Just trying to help everyone out, you've got a bit of time to fix it so hope everything works out alright.

Pretty cool, looks like we got an even playing field so far with 29 mechs on either side.
MotionOTheOcean

Postby UOldPirate » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Villian Entry : Omega Red & the Red Wraith

Minifig:
Omega Red - Minifig by churgrim, on Flickr

Mech:
Omega Red - Mech by churgrim, on Flickr

Controls:
Omega Red - Controls by churgrim, on Flickr

A big thanks to the FBTB staff for running this contest. Good luck to everyone who entered. There are so many amazing entries in this contest!!!
UOldPirate

Postby crazybirdman » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Catwoman's Bad Kitty (Villain)
Dual shoulder-mounted canons (cats have shoulders right?), missile launcher, and tail whip.

CatMech (23) by crazybirdman, on Flickr

CatMech (28) by crazybirdman, on Flickr

CatMech (40) by crazybirdman, on Flickr
crazybirdman

Postby MotionOTheOcean » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:01 am

Well good job everybody! It's been really fun entering my first major lego contest and watching all the awesome mechs come in. By my count we have 29 heroes and 31 villain so it looks like the villains currently have the slight upper-hand in nabbing that mysterious object from space. Luckily after voting this will even the playing field.

I want to thank FBTB for hosting and offering some amazing prizes, and to everyone who entered for posting such amazing, inspiring work! Also, to all the spectators out there, good luck in voting, probably some of the hardest choices you will ever have to make (even more than the one on Tuesday...).
MotionOTheOcean

Postby Brickthing » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:09 am

Deadpool's Deathdroid

Hero

main1 by Brickthing, on Flickr

2 by Brickthing, on Flickr

fig by Brickthing, on Flickr

A few minutes late, but I hope you'll still accept it. I had a few camera issues which held me up. :facepalm:
Brickthing

Postby Solo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:28 am

Sorry Brickthing, the deadline is non negotiable. I'm locking the thread down for now to ensure no one edits their entries illegally, and I should have the Hero and Villain polls ready to go tomorrow night. Stay tuned folks.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Solo » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Final tally is 28 heroes, 30 villains, and 3 disqualified entries (one came in after the deadline, one was missing the cockpit photo, and one didn't have all the photos on flickr as required). I'll have the polls up shortly. (edit: ok, minor problem, need to work out something behind the scenes before the polls can go up. Should be up tonight, if not tomorrow. They'll run for a full week either way so don't panic)
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Previous

Return to Contests & Community Builds