Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

30170 LEGO Heroica Ganrash polybag?

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

30170 LEGO Heroica Ganrash polybag?

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:03 pm

Has anybody actually seen the 30170 LEGO Heroica Ganrash polybag? My kids really love Heroica, and I thought this would make a nifty stocking stuffer, but thus far I haven't been able to find any sign that it has EVER been available anywhere near me, despite some disquieting implications on-line that it has been out for a while.
Mister Ed

Re: 30170 LEGO Heroica Ganrash polybag?

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:38 pm

I've not personally seen it myself, but it's on my radar. Unfortunately for me, the TRU's in my area don't sell their polys very quickly and since they're on automatic distribution they often just don't get new polys because they still have so much old stock (they still have a good amount of LGM's in stock). I have high hopes the Bricktober turnover will expedite the restock and this will appear.

I'll keep an ear to the ground and let you know anything I hear. My biggest concern is that it may be a promo giveaway with game purchase and be limited in quantity.
buriedbybricks

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:04 pm

So, TRU exclusive is the best bet? That'd be a bummer because a.) I hate shopping there, and b.) my TRU OFTEN doesn't get polybags I want, like the Bat Jetski, at all.
Mister Ed

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:19 pm

That's my guess and with xmas coming, I'll bet it'll be promo'd soon to try and move more games. I can't see this remaining exclusive to Canada. If it is a promo only item, I wish you luck sweet talking an extra or trying to just buy them.

I've had luck with this in the past, but the sweet old lady who threw freebies at me like I was a stripper has since retired. I miss her so much.
buriedbybricks

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:48 pm

Well, we don't have Ilrion yet, so if it is a FREE promo with purchase of a game, it'd be worth paying the TRU markup on Ilrion. If I have to pay TRU markup on Ilrion just to get the chance to pay $5-6 for this polybag...then I'll be torn. I want the set, but I hate rewarding TRU for that kind of junk.
Mister Ed

Postby onions » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:00 pm

a heroica polybag huh? interesting...
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:41 am

Saw it at TRU today as I was picking up a Legendary Stealth Elf and grabbed a couple for the boy and myself. They were just putting them out as I was leaving the store.

If you have no luck I'd have no issue picking a couple up for you if you want. Happy hunting.
buriedbybricks

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:38 am

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try to check this weekend. My TRU has been pretty horrible about getting polybags in the past, as I mentioned, so I might just take you up on that...
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:Saw it at TRU today as I was picking up a Legendary Stealth Elf and grabbed a couple for the boy and myself. They were just putting them out as I was leaving the store.

If you have no luck I'd have no issue picking a couple up for you if you want. Happy hunting.

If you are still willing (and they still have them), I'd be interested in getting one from you. After a couple attempts, my local TRU has not had any on hand, and nobody there has any idea what I'm talking about (they can't even find it in the system).
Mister Ed

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:19 am

Heh, I just read this in am article on Brickset last night and was going to update this post today: http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=4779

One of the harder to find polybags of 2012 has been 30170 - Ganrash.

To date this has only seen limited availability in branches of Toys R Us in Canada for $4.99. I have no idea if it is still available, although I suspect not. As I write, there are a few on eBay and Bricklink available, all from Canada and seem to command around £15 plus shipping so it’s not cheap.

41 people have indicated they own it on Brickset, although those figures are not always to be trusted due to the different ways people use the inventory manager, so I suspect the real figure to be lower than that.

I may end up at TRU if I go out today, if not I'll check tomorrow when I go to a movie. Just one?
buriedbybricks

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:04 am

Yeah, I only need the one. Though I just realized, if you are in Canada, payment might be problematic. I don't have any Canadian money, and I don't have a Paypal account, either (and am not eager to get one). If this ends up complicating matters too much, I understand. I think my kids can learn to live without ONE Heroica add-on. I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they would make this particular set exclusive to Canada.
Mister Ed

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:27 pm

Well, I've got it. PM me your address if you still want it. We'll figure out payment I've no doubt. Glad I went today as they only had one left.

I assume you don't mind if the bag is folded and compressed a bit for shipping...
buriedbybricks

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:37 pm

Nope, don't mind at all. PM sent.

It occurs to me to wonder if perhaps there are any polybags I might find down here that you don't see up there. Though other than the Batmobile I finally managed to get at Target, I'm not thinking of any new ones that I've seen of late.
Mister Ed

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Forgot to mention, I shipped on the 24th. If Canada Post stays true to form you should get it by next summer.
buriedbybricks

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:34 pm

Got it yesterday. Thanks! The kids will be thrilled (especially as I've been kind of playing up how it is impossible to find. ;) )

I'd give you a +1 in the Straight Shooters thread, but I can't post there. PM me with what I owe you, and I will get you payment as soon as I can.
Mister Ed

Return to Original Themes