Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

CUUSOO Status Updates

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

CUUSOO Status Updates

Postby Staff » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:10 am

BTTF Delorean - LEGO CUUSOO

A couple of days ago, LEGO CUUSOO posted on their blog an update to the summer and fall cycles.

EVE - LEGO CUUSOO
Modular Western Town - LEGO CUUSOO The Legend of Zelda - LEGO CUUSOO

Summer sets currently in review are:

CUUSOO announces the status of each cycle's sets all at the same time, so we'll be finding out the fate of the summer ones all at once.

Fall sets currently under review are:

Thanks to Anonymous Tipster for the heads up.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/10/29/cuusoo-status-updates/
Staff

Re: CUUSOO Status Updates

Postby LEGOlas » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Am I the only one who's bugged by the constant lies they keep giving?
"However, I can tell you that an official announcement will occur in a matter of weeks, not months, and we’ll update you on the exact timeframe when we know ourselves."
"The results should be in within the next several weeks, watch this space for updates!"
That first one was posted in August.
LEGOlas

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:53 pm

I thought the Portal one was disqualified due to subject matter. Glad to see I was misremembering. I'm not sure I'd be able to resist a decent Portal LEGO set, even at the likely higher pricepoint.
Mister Ed

Postby Solo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:02 pm

It was. Initially. They reconsidered. Still not guaranteed and I still think it's unlikely, but they're not just curb-stomping it outright anymore.

LEGOlas: I don't know if I'd call those lies, things happen a lot behind the scenes and remember that this whole project is still in the beta stage. It was probably accurate at the time and never got revised when things changed.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Solo wrote:It was. Initially. They reconsidered. Still not guaranteed and I still think it's unlikely, but they're not just curb-stomping it outright anymore.

Ah, OK. So my memory isn't as bad as I feared. Yeah, I'm not holding my breath, either, but it is kind of nice that it hasn't been summarily dismissed anymore.
Mister Ed

Postby wegj » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:18 pm

When we saw the Lego CUUSOO ambassadors at BrickCon they said that licenses, although they pose a little more technicality are not ruled out just because it's a license. Here's fingers crossed for the B2theFuture!
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby Ibiscribe » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:54 am

I know I wouldn't be able to resist a Portal set. Or all of them. I'm glad they're still considering it, but if they do go for it I'm going to be in serious trouble. I can see all of my buyer's willpower going straight out the window--er, aperture. :shock:
When I'm not playing or being artsy, I work on sites like www.vincentmartella.com and IPO Boutique. In other words, I never stop playing or being artsy!
Ibiscribe

Postby LEGOlas » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:44 pm

Solo wrote:It was. Initially. They reconsidered. Still not guaranteed and I still think it's unlikely, but they're not just curb-stomping it outright anymore.

LEGOlas: I don't know if I'd call those lies, things happen a lot behind the scenes and remember that this whole project is still in the beta stage. It was probably accurate at the time and never got revised when things changed.

Yeah, that's true. But since it's in flux, they shouldn't give out estimates as promises.
LEGOlas

Postby Solo » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:05 pm

Where did they promise anything? I don't follow the Cuusoo blog, I just have the quotes you gave to go by and they seemed pretty nebulous.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Licensed Themes