Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Mech Madness 2012 Building Tournament - Secret Crisis

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: FBTB Mech Madness 2012 Building Tournament - Secret Cris

Postby Ultron32 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:40 am

Nice Iron Fist mech! He is a cool character, I'm glad someone did a mech for him.
Ultron32

Postby Lanterne Rouge » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:34 am

Hulkbuster Hawkeye
Hero

Hulkbuster Hawkeye by The Lanterne Rouge, on Flickr

Originally built by Stark Industries (along with Hulkbuster Ironman) to give Hawkeye the capability to provide a lethal blow to the Hulk. The bow is made from a variation of reverbium which magnifies the amount of energy stored by the 12,000 pound draw weight weapon. The 200 pound arrows are tipped with adamantium.

Hawkeye returns to his original purple and blue colors for his mech specific costume.

Just enough room for hawkeye in the chest of the mech.

It might be the smallest mech of the group but it packs one heck of a punch.
Last edited by Lanterne Rouge on Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lanterne Rouge

Postby Ultron32 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:48 pm

^I must say, that is outstanding. That main image is Breathtaking. I think you have not only built a great mech, you have presented it perfectly.
Ultron32

Postby Mister Ed » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:34 pm

OK, here goes nothing.

I present Gorilla Grodd's Robo-Simian...

Robo-Simian by Mister Ed 2814, on Flickr

piloted by Gorilla Grodd...

Cockpit view by Mister Ed 2814, on Flickr

Gorilla Grodd by Mister Ed 2814, on Flickr

Here's a link to the gallery, with a few more images:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62371089@N ... 111521475/

Looking at the competition, I'm not expecting to win, but I'll be darned if, despite my initial doubts, I didn't manage to scrounge up something I'm pretty proud of. XD
Mister Ed

Postby Solo » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:24 am

You guys keep knocking these out of the park.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby volumex » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:52 am

Solo wrote:You guys keep knocking these out of the park.

I'm with you... some very interesting creative juices on these. Wonderful stuff. Cant wait for the flood gates to open ;)
volumex

Postby zhouston » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:21 am

volumex wrote:Wonderful stuff. Cant wait for the flood gates to open ;)

No kidding, based on the quality we've already seen, I really hope a ton of entries are entered in the next few weeks
zhouston
David

Postby Ultron32 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:01 pm

^^^^That is a nice mech, it really looks like a gorilla.
Ultron32

Postby aminster85 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:41 pm

Cable’s X-Force Mech armed with huge guns, missiles, and advanced weaponry he brought with him from the future. Made from parts of his ship Greymalkin its primary purpose is to aid in his missions against difficult foes like Apocalypse.
Cable's X-Force Mech by aminster85, on Flickr

The competition looks tough, and I'm sure there are plenty more to come. Good luck to everyone.
aminster85

Postby zhouston » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:07 am

Just something to keep in mind while everyone is finishing up:

Solo wrote:opaque [cockpit] is okay. Just don't forget to give the pilot appropriate screens and controls in there.
zhouston
David

Postby legoloco » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:46 am

aminster85 wrote:Cable’s X-Force Mech...

Your Cable figure is great. Using the Commander Wolffe head is almost perfect, correct side for scars / opposite eye with the "glow" effect.
legoloco

Postby Jake's Oy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:45 pm

I made a Batman astro mech. I thought to myself why would Batman need a mech, with guns no less. First thought was maybe since he is on the JLA he might want to help out with some brute force on some of there higher tier missions. Or maybe its for an older much grumpier Bruce Wayne from Kingdom Come that can't run along roof tops anymore. The batman is supposed to be just a symbol so maybe someone like Azrael has taken up the mantle.

batman 2 by vwzealot, on Flickr

My Batman has 2 capes, because 2 capes is always better than one >.> Also a jet pack and life support systems. The helmet is part of an integrated hud system with the mech like F-35 helmets. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helmet-mounted_display

It allows him some limited control of the mech while outside of it. Things like auto targeting and fire control.

batmech 3 by vwzealot, on Flickr

It has an anti gravity and particle shield generator on the back; better seen in the gallery. Its mostly to stop small pieces of space dust from ripping a hole in its hull in space. It also assists in scrubbing of friction from the atmosphere if a self reentry to earth is required. In emergency's the batman can super charge the shield to ward of heat rays or omega beams, but at great cost to its power banks.

Its sword is magic. Where did he get a magic sword? Maybe from some Amazonian's or the Wizard Shazam, the point is he is the "god gorram batman" so don't ask dumb questions. You might think that its made of kryptonite in case superman gets out of line. But why risk weakening one of your greatest allies by mistake. The supes is also weak to magic and so are a lot of omega level threats. This is much safer :)

batmech cockpit 2 by vwzealot, on Flickr

The cockpit features a bi-valve design. The roof raises up and has an extendable arm with rope for the batman to use to climb out. Even though he has a jetpack, if he wants to keep using his mech its best not to blast out of there unless its an emergency :p The front rotates forward and carries the controls with it. Also seen is small armory and power supply.
Jake's Oy

Postby Timber Jackalope » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Hey guys, I was just wondering if my minifigure could be standing on a light gray 48x48 plate with a white backround or is that against the rules?
Timber Jackalope

Postby Solo » Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:37 pm

That would be fine.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Ultron32 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:19 pm

^^^That's actually a really nice Batman mech.
Ultron32

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:35 pm

I take some comfort in the fact that I won't be competing against any of the really nice Hero mechs I'm seeing (though that's kind of mitigated by looking at the Villain competition). ;)

Eh, it wasn't about winning, anyway, right? I'm pretty pysched that I managed to complete my mech AND it ended up looking even better than I'd hoped. (Heck, I may even take some more pictures before I disassemble it. There's a lot of little details that I love, that don't really show up in the shots I've got.)
Mister Ed

Postby Jake's Oy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:11 pm

Ultron32 wrote:^^^That's actually a really nice Batman mech.

Thanks.

Sorry if this is off topic.

I just noticed from the main page's flickr outpost (what is that btw?) a post by you. http://www.flickr.com/photos/28341393@N ... pool-fbtb/

What shoulder piece is that set from? Does it come in black? I would have liked to test fit it with batman's cowl ;_;

Mister Ed wrote:Eh, it wasn't about winning, anyway, right? I'm pretty pysched that I managed to complete my mech AND it ended up looking even better than I'd hoped. (Heck, I may even take some more pictures before I disassemble it. There's a lot of little details that I love, that don't really show up in the shots I've got.)

Troof. I'd never made a mech before and this probably my 3-4th real MOC since growing into a true AFOL over the last few years. I've bought up several bionicale sets that where on sale and just dumped there pieces in my hoppers as parts but never used them before. Same with a lot of technic sets. I had to dump all the pieces out and try and learn how they talked to each other. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to convert bionicale to technic then to system to hide things. I tried staying all system, but the weight support wasn't there. I made the legs of my mech pretty dynamic for poses. But I built it on carpet. When I was posing the figure on a hard surface it was like it was on ice skates. Live and learn ^_^;
Jake's Oy

Postby Chosen One » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:41 pm

It's from Lex Luther game exclusive figure. The Dark blue is from the space patrol mini figure series.

This is only my 2nd Moc, and don't think I'm going to finish on time. :(
My fault, started too late on it.
Chosen One

Postby Jake's Oy » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:48 pm

Nice! I wish I had 2 blue capes. I was able to make up something quick and dirty, but I like it. I'll post it in my mech moc thread and keep the pics out of the mech set on flickr. I don't want to get disqualified :p
Jake's Oy

Postby Timber Jackalope » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:34 am

For my entry I chose to build a mech for Luke Cage, a hero who is a part of the Avengers and the Heroes for Hire.

The Mech.
Luke Cage Mech by Timber Jackalope, on Flickr
The Hero.
Luke Cage by Timber Jackalope, on Flickr
The Cockpit.
Luke Cage Mech Cockpit by Timber Jackalope, on Flickr

The mech has flight capabilities for zooming around the enemy, specialized fists for melee fighting, big guns, and tank missiles.

A hearty thanks to the FBTB staff for hosting this contest, I had a bunch of fun building my mech!
Timber Jackalope

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds