Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Iron Man 3 Trailer

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Iron Man 3 Trailer

Postby Staff » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:43 am

http://youtu.be/5EjG-1U3wqA

The official synopsis of Iron Man 3 goes like this:

Marvel Studios' Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

I'd say the trailer does a pretty good job of portraying that and I look forward to seeing if Tony Stark can move beyond being such an insufferable tool and learn something from his new "teacher"... Take a look and tell us what you think.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/10/23/iron-man-3-trailer/
Staff

Re: Iron Man 3 Trailer

Postby sparkart » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:15 am

I was indifferent about the next Iron Man movie, especially after seeing the Iron Patriot outfit, but this trailer made me interested, again.

I think I may have seen too much, though. I'm thinking it goes something like...Iron Man does something in New York that kills a bunch of people, retires (oops, a bit too much like The Dark Knight Rises), we need a hero (Thanks, Bonnie Tyler), War Machine steps up, but is defeated by The Mandarin, yadda, yadda, yadda, Fin Fang Foom, ka-blam! Dragon defeated, Pepper cries, leaves Tony.
sparkart

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:59 am

sparkart wrote:I was indifferent about the next Iron Man movie, especially after seeing the Iron Patriot outfit, but this trailer made me interested, again.

I think I may have seen too much, though. I'm thinking it goes something like...Iron Man does something in New York that kills a bunch of people, retires (oops, a bit too much like The Dark Knight Rises), we need a hero (Thanks, Bonnie Tyler), War Machine steps up, but is defeated by The Mandarin, yadda, yadda, yadda, Fin Fang Foom, ka-blam! Dragon defeated, Pepper cries, leaves Tony.

You know the 'New York' line was a reference to the events of 'Avengers' right?
CaptainFordo

Postby sparkart » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:15 pm

Marvel's The Avengers. That struck me as a weird construct, putting the 'The' in there, but I guess they had to distinguish it from The Avengers TV show and related movie. But back on topic, yeah, I'm definitely going to watch this near opening weekend in the theaters.

I'm on the fence if I really want to see a dragon in this movie. It may be weird, but comic-books are like that, surreal.
sparkart

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:26 pm

Who knows; seeing how they replace magic with science in these movies, it could be a robot dragon. :-P
That would actually be pretty cool.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby Flynn » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:03 pm

Meh.

The trailer just made it look like the same, boring "mature and serious" stuff we already got enough of from the Nolan films. And they still haven't convinced me they'll be able to portray the Mandarin sensitively.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Return to Licensed Themes