Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Draft 7: C-C-C-COMBO!

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

Re: FBTB Draft 7: C-C-C-COMBO!

Postby twbooth » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:53 am

Interesting idea about the script, but I prefer the human element and the "thrill" of the event... planning my picks, tracking other peoples picks, anxiety as my turn approaches, obscenities as my pick gets sniped, elation when my pick is available, smack talking the other competitors. I'm into this for more than just the parts.
twbooth

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:55 am

Indeed, it's the community aspect that attracts me as well. The parts are the icing on the cake.
buriedbybricks

Postby Chief » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:09 am

We gave proxy drafts a try. Never where the whole draft was entirely proxy, but I think it's pretty clear people want to be actively participating in it. Perhaps if this draft is long enough we'll consider it in the future for bigger drafts, or avoid big combos entirely.

BTW, it pays once again to be on the wait list. We lost kjklock today and have now added veteran jennnifer to our ranks.
Chief

Postby azoreg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 pm

Has a list of the lots to be drafted been created yet? I do not see it here, and the main event is happening soon.
azoreg

Postby Chief » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:28 pm

I apologize: I will be disbursing it via PM tomorrow. I had family unexpectedly come to town to visit this past weekend and it's bungled all my plans.
Chief

Postby azoreg » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:13 am

No problem... I was just unsure if I was missing something since this is my first draft here. :-)
azoreg

Postby Chief » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:33 am

I sent out the draft order (as randomly picked from a hat by my 4 year old) and the inventory about 2:30 this morning before falling asleep, so technically it was still my Tuesday :P

Hope everyone has fun going through and prioritizing 260 DIFFERENT LOTS. Ya'll need to bring your A-game on Saturday, we will not have time for dillydallying.
Chief

Postby murphquake » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:10 pm

did we not have a section in the itinerary just for dilydallying? I thought there would be punch and pie and dillydallying... hmmm... may have to rethink this one =-D

Thanks as always for all the work you're doing on these Ryan & I'm sure Mrs. Chief and now Spawn of Chief!!
-bill
murphquake

Postby Chief » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:09 am

*salutes*

One minor fix: thanks to Molrak for pointing out that lots 191 and 192 had the wrong total quantity for the Trans-Dark Blue Cylinder Hemisphere 4 x 4s. This has been corrected to two lots of 10 each.
Chief

Postby thegremlin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:24 am

Just confirming we're still rolling @ 10am PST (which if my brain is working this morning is 1pm EST).
Which means I'll almost have time for lunch after the kids soccer games before pilfering all the good parts ... well, maybe not all the good parts, I don't pick til 10th, ;) ... but I get the 11th pick as well, and that's where I'm gonna make people CRY!!
** clearly with a touch more than 1 day to go, there needs to be a bit of banter ... :)
thegremlin

Postby Chief » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:37 am

Yes, 10 AM TOMORROW MORNING is showtime! I suggest showing up to chat 15 minutes early so we can quickly iron out any problems before plunging headfirst into this ill-advised combo draft!

FBTB Draft 7: C-C-C-COMBO! is tomorrow! by fbtb, on Flickr
Chief

Postby Chief » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:19 am

FYI we just lost a member of our crew. I will be attempting to fill the spot as soon as possible.

Why does this matter to you? The last few people just got their numbers changed for their draft ID number. Pay attention please:

_001_molrak
_002_noahtom
_003_jennnifer
_004_twbooth
_005_azoreg
_006_Nannan
_007_murphquake
_008_buriedbybricks
_009_thegremlin
_010_***
Chief

Postby JD4M » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:17 am

C-C-C-COMBO!
JD4M

Postby azoreg » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Chief wrote:Yes, 10 AM TOMORROW MORNING is showtime! I suggest showing up to chat 15 minutes early so we can quickly iron out any problems before plunging headfirst into this ill-advised combo draft!

I get to sleep in till 15 before noon... since I am on Central time. :D Looking forward to it.
azoreg

Postby MrAnderson » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:56 pm

C-C-C-COMBO!
MrAnderson
Blockhead

Postby Chief » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Small update: the first two peeps on the standby list declined to participate. JD4M's next with MrAnderson next in line.
Chief

Postby thegremlin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:30 pm

Woot! ... up to spot number 9 ... one less person to bribe to stay away from the #1 slot on my Draft Board ... LOL

Future Draft Thought: Pick Trading (like in NFL/NBA) would put a unique twist on things.
thegremlin

Postby Chief » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:40 pm

You mean trading for a different spot, or just trading parts afterwards? The latter has always been fine, but no one's ever done it. At live drafts people swap parts all the time.
Chief

Postby Chief » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:31 am

Draft time begins in a half hour! See everyone in the chat soon!
Chief

Postby murphquake » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:06 pm

i would apologize on behalf of AT&T but I really just hate them. I however, am sorry about my internet woes and thank everyone for their patience today1

As with Draft 6 I had a great time and want to thank Chief, Onions The Lesser & The High and Exalted Mrs. Chief for their time and effort on this matter.

I got a bunch of awesome parts coming, and had a nice social Lego afternoon with a great group of people from all over the place! I can't wait for the next one =-D

So here's my question... does anyone have any other ideas for a way to do this where we can keep track of what has been picked? something where it automatically keeps track would be a lot better than Ryan or Ace entering the picks into the Gdocs spreadsheet

maybe there's already something out there we can use that would be better, I know a few times there was confusion about what was taken and what wasn't.

Maybe we should look at asking one of the coders to do something that would pull the inventory from BL (with pics) then allow the draft-master to enter quantities and break lots... if someone could do something like that decently it would be well worth covering the cost of letting them in on a draft as payment
murphquake

PreviousNext

Return to Community Features