Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Mech Madness 2012 Building Tournament - Secret Crisis

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: FBTB Mech Madness 2012 Building Tournament - Secret Cris

Postby volumex » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:23 am

Talking about rules, dont you have to have a mini fig as your pilot?
volumex

Postby Midi » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:09 am

Wow all the entries so far are really really good, Ill be posting mine as soon as I'm done with the hands and weapons, It's called LOKI'S MECHA CHITAURI or something like it, well basically Loki with his Chitauri look alike machine :)
Midi

Postby naugem » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:38 am

Wow, that Mr. Freeze mech looks really slick!

I hope to finish mine this weekend. It is mostly done, just need to fix some details and add some guns.
naugem

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:44 am

naugem wrote:Wow, that Mr. Freeze mech looks really slick!

I was thinking about doing one, but not anymore. rofl.
Gooker1

Postby madLEGOman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:54 am

Gooker1 wrote:
naugem wrote:Wow, that Mr. Freeze mech looks really slick!

I was thinking about doing one, but not anymore. rofl.

Dont give up; besides, it's not about winning, it's about making cool stuff. I hope my entry challenges and inspires more than it turns people away (except ofcourse for anyone building a bat mech, they can just give up and try another character right now. You know cuz mr freeze hates batman) in all sincerity i hope mine is not the best entry as i would rather see a bunch of cool stuff others come up with
madLEGOman

Postby Chosen One » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:05 am

madLEGOman wrote:(except ofcourse for anyone building a bat mech, they can just give up and try another character right now. You know cuz mr freeze hates batman)

Challenge on. ;)
Chosen One

Postby Solo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:39 am

volumex wrote:Talking about rules, dont you have to have a mini fig as your pilot?

Brick built characters are allowed for cases where a minifig is insufficient.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Ultron32 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Solo wrote:Pretty sure Stan Lee isn't a superhero anyways...

Stan lee is TOTALLY a superhero! And even if he doesn't count, I want to see the mech anyways.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby madLEGOman » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:24 pm

not only is stan lee a super hero, he's an action figure

http://www.earthlyissues.com/images/sta ... figure.jpg
madLEGOman

Postby Solo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:58 pm

The only time (as far as I can tell from my limited research) that Stan Lee could have been considered a super hero and not just a cameo or background character was when he was Mr Fantastic, which would mean the super hero was still Mr Fantastic and not Stan himself.

I'll just wait here for someone to prove me wrong though. I'm sure I am, and I want to see such a mech, I just don't think it would clear the rules and I'm not going to start making exceptions because it would probably look cool.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Ultron32 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Solo wrote:The only time (as far as I can tell from my limited research) that Stan Lee could have been considered a super hero and not just a cameo or background character was when he was Mr Fantastic, which would mean the super hero was still Mr Fantastic and not Stan himself.

I'll just wait here for someone to prove me wrong though. I'm sure I am, and I want to see such a mech, I just don't think it would clear the rules and I'm not going to start making exceptions because it would probably look cool.

Does it count for the comic book series "Stan Lee meets..." With characters such as Spiderman, Dr.Strange, and The Thing. If you've read those, does that count?
Ultron32

Postby Solo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:10 pm

I haven't read those so I looked them up. Sure seems like he's clearly not a super hero or super villain in any of that. Just himself interacting with his characters.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby sparkart » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:14 pm

I love Stan Lee as much as the next comic-book geek; one of my most treasured Comic-Con memories involves Stan-the-Man; but he's not a DC or Marvel character, isn't owned by DC or Marvel. He's a character, yes, on many levels, but not a character owned and licensed by DC or Marvel, which the spirit of the rules requires.

I'd still would like to see a Stan Lee inspired mech in the MOC Showcase.
sparkart

Postby Chief » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:26 pm

So sayeth teh Solo and Sparkart
Chief

Postby Ultron32 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:44 pm

Solo wrote:I haven't read those so I looked them up. Sure seems like he's clearly not a super hero or super villain in any of that. Just himself interacting with his characters.

I suppose.
Ultron32

Postby cooperdiem » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Would a mech for Bruce Banner be legal? You know, for those occasions when he just can't seem to get angry?
cooperdiem

Postby Solo » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:38 am

Sure.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Ultron32 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:21 am

cooperdiem wrote:Would a mech for Bruce Banner be legal? You know, for those occasions when he just can't seem to get angry?

lol, I can't wait to see that.
Ultron32

Postby Lego junkie » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:21 pm

cooperdiem wrote:Would a mech for Bruce Banner be legal? You know, for those occasions when he just can't seem to get angry?

Ahahaha, is Bruce hitting the anger management facility like he's supposed to these days?
Lego junkie

Postby dodge » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:44 pm

The Mech is done so there’s no point waiting until the end of the month. I present a Mech for IRON FIST!

Daniel Rand was the son of a wealthy businessman. He was on an expedition with his father when they found the mystical city of K’un-Lun, which appears in the Earth’s plane once a decade in the Himalayas. During the expedition, Daniels father was killed by a rival associate. Daniel vowed vengeance for his father’s death and studied under the K-un-Lun masters. He eventually grew and earned an opportunity to win the power of the Iron Fist by confronting Shou-Lao the Undying. Daniel slew the beast and plunged his hands into the flame which contained the Iron Fist power. When the city appeared again in the Earth’s plane, Daniel left K’un-Lun for New York. He has since worked as a member of Heroes for Hire and the Avengers.

Mech story: Daniel felt that to take his heroism to the next level, he would construct a Mech to channel the Iron Fist force within him. This manifestation takes form in the left-hand blaster on the Mech. Daniel designed the machine to be as agile and quick as he could be. Iron Fist now roams the city streets, more dangerous than before.

Iron Fist by Dodge_A, on Flickr

Iron Fist Mech by Dodge_A, on Flickr

Iron Fist Mech by Dodge_A, on Flickr

Check out more pictures of this Mech here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sasklegous ... 815966346/

Thanks for the great contest FBTB! It’s always a good time!
dodge

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds