Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

2013 Super Heroes and Star Wars Sets Surface on World of Games

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

2013 Super Heroes and Star Wars Sets Surface on World of Games

Postby Staff » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:22 pm

Earlier today wog.ch (website for a game shop in Switzerland) posted some new upcoming sets for sale with box art for each and set images for the Star Wars kits to boot. Here are some direct links to the listings:

2013 Super Hero Sets
76000 Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze - Aquaman on the Ice
76004 Spider Cycle Chase

2013 Star Wars Sets
75000 Clone Trooper vs. Droidekas

75001 Republic Troopers vs. Sith Troopers
75002 AT-RT
75003 A-Wing Starfighter
75004 Z-95 Headhunter
75005 Rancor Pit
75012 BARC Speeder
75013 Umbarran MHC

Thanks to Kez for the initial tipoff about the new Heros sets as they were discovered, to Jake at GrooveBricks for the mirrored Star Wars set pic gallery (because who doesn't think these will get pulled?), and to Jeremy as well for the link to the mirrored pics again on Hothbricks.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/10/18/2013-super-heroes-and-star-wars-sets-surface-on-world-of-games/
Staff

Re: 2013 Superhero and Star Wars Sets Surface on World of Ga

Postby banthafodder » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks fo the post. Some interesting minifigs in some of the sets. I like the look of the AT-RT. The sets themselves otherwise look meh but who am I fooling I'll probably end up getting them anyway. Can't figure out the aquaman/ Mr. Freeze connection though maybe someone could explain.
banthafodder

Re: 2013 Superhero and Star Wars Sets Surface on World of Ga

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:43 pm

You can also see the Hobbit box art, as well as new City, Ninjago, and Legends of Chima on that site.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Re: 2013 Super Heroes and Star Wars Sets Surface on World of

Postby Solo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Looks like I have more editing to do. I'm so bad at reporting things.

edit: actually, looking at those, the five Hobbit sets were shown here so that's old news, and the rest aren't licensed themes.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Flynn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:47 pm

Meh on the SW sets (though is that a non-CW Yoda in the AT-RT? Be interesting to see what they do with it). I'm rather fond of the Batboat (reminds me a bit of Batman Returns, which is always a good thing), and the Spidey-set doesn't look too bad.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Jacopoli » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:31 pm

Oh man, those star wars sets look awesome. SO MANY CLONE TROOPERS! And a second generation Rex. I am defo gonig to be purchasing all of the CW sets, I really want to add some big sets to my clone army.
Jacopoli

Postby Brainslugged » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:31 pm

The A-wing pilot looks pretty gorram awesome. Not sure why Han has been shoehorned into another set (AT-AT?)
Brainslugged

Postby Avenged110 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:47 pm

Wow I'm actually liking those Star Wars sets :D so many clones, I like to see that. Definitely going to get the battle packs and speeder. Maybe even an AT-RT.
Avenged110

Postby Flynn » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:56 pm

Brainslugged wrote:The A-wing pilot looks pretty gorram awesome. Not sure why Han has been shoehorned into another set (AT-AT?)

Because LEGO doesn't think the sets will be big sellers unless they cram every conceivable minifigure they can think of into each set. Why else do you think Amidala was packaged with the Gungan Sub of all things?
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby CaptainFordo » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:59 am

Fury's car looks like it has flip down wheels. Should make for a nice part for anyone wanting to make a delorean ;)

Some nice sets, the Bat...ski? Boat? Thing? looks pretty good, I just want confirmation on whether or not Freeze will have a two-sided head D=
CaptainFordo

Postby bacon1986 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:34 am

I really like the new box design for the Star Wars Sets. The A-Wing pilot looks great. Sadly, I think Yoda is still the same old Clone Wars variant. The Headhunter looks like it's just a modified ARC-170. And is it just me, or is the numbering scheme odd? Have they run out of 4 digit numbers, or are these just place holding numbers? Usually 5 digit numbers are used for the poly bags, Architecture, and really large UCS and Model sets.
Want to know how much your LEGO investment is worth?
Visit BrickPicker.com: LEGO Price and Investing Guide
bacon1986

Postby Harmonica » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:33 am

Loving the A-Wing, but then I don't have any of the older versions.

That Umbarran thing actually looks really well designed (though I'm not sure what the hell it's supposed to be...tank?).
Harmonica

Postby Yodalicious » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:36 am

Agreed on the Star Wars box look. I'm not a box keeper, but like these a lot. Overall, only a couple of the sets really appeal to me, but I'll end up getting more than I'm telling myself now. As usual.
Yodalicious

Postby captain sambuca » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:49 am

I feel sad that the minfigs have become more and more important with each season.

I miss lego's creativity sometimes; these days it just seems a bit of a rip off, and not much of a construction toy
captain sambuca

Postby emmtwosix » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:17 am

@bacon1986 - Yes they are going to a 5 digit numbering scheme now. They're separating out some of the different lines in different numbering ranges. See here.

I was fairly excited when we all heard the news about which sets were coming out, I thought "wow, most of these will be really affordable." Now that we have the chance to see the sets, I'm completely underwhelmed. The AT-RT looks way too gorram big, the Z95 (which I was really excited about) looks to consist of about 13 parts, and the rest just look really uninspired.

They're not even glorified battlepacks, judging by the minifigs, they're going to be ridiculously overpriced battlepacks. Interesting though that the clones in the droideka bp look like they may be new Episode II clones rather than Clone Wars. Even so, I have a feeling this may finally push me out of the Star Wars system sets for good. **hooray!** Shut-up wallet!

Though secretly, I've been wanting to switch for sometime. There are a lot of better builds out there, for the money. It'll be a nice change of pace...
emmtwosix

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:15 am

I'm excited to see the new sets. I'll definitely be picking up a few of them. I don't have to have all right away as there aren't that many OTC based sets.

HothBricks also has the lineup and photos of next two Planet Series too!!:

http://www.hothbricks.com/

-Obi-wans Jedi Interceptor - Droid, but not R4?
-Star Destroyer? - Clone Trooper?
-Tie Bomber - Tie Pilot

-Snowspeeder - Snowspeeder Pilot
-B-Wing - B-wing Pilot
-Rebel Blockade Runner - Rebel Soldier

I'm excited for the planets sets!
Gooker1

Postby Draykov » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:53 am

Flynn wrote:Why else do you think Amidala was packaged with the Gungan Sub of all things?

That one you can kind of forgive, because it's a high-demand figure among collectors/AFOLs and the sub actually did park in the Naboo royal city, so...loose connection.

Brainslugged wrote:The A-wing pilot looks pretty gorram awesome.

Hard to see how good he actually looks, but it looks like dark green torso/legs, new printing on both, and a new helmet.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:43 am

Gooker1 wrote:HothBricks also has the lineup and photos of next two Planet Series too!!

I'm glad we'll be getting a B-wing pilot, but his print looks very basic in comparison to the new A-wing guy. At least it looks like he has some sort of new helmet.
Brainslugged

Postby b0baF3tt » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:37 pm

So does having a new A-wing next year make having a UCS A-wing next year out of the question? There are still some popular OT ships that need to be done. Namely the A-wing, and my all time favorite Slave 1. I'm surprised neither of those have gotten the UCS treatment yet.
b0baF3tt

Postby Joedward » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:45 pm

I want a whole fleet of those A-Wings, it looks fantastic - though I may cry if they're more than 20 - 25 quid. Considering the price of the last three fighters (X, Y & TIE) I'm thinking it's highly likely.

The big cannon looks like fun, as does the AT-RT. Although I'll probably pass up on Jabba's palace unless it hits a massive sale the rancor pit is really growing on me.
The headhunter upsets me. That should be the coolest ship, but gorram, it looks awful. Not even the clone theme, it looks like a really poorly made model..... Though perhaps that seet, sweet nostalgia is getting to me. X-Wing was a fun game. And I remember Gareth built the coolest UCS of it.
The rest are a tad meh. The figs look alright, I'd love to see a larger selection of TOR sets.

And the Superhero sets? I hate how tempted I am to buy these by the figures alone.
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Next

Return to Licensed Themes