Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NYCC] LEGO Previews 76001 The Bat vs. Bane: Tumbler Chase

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: [NYCC] LEGO Previews 76001 The Bat vs. Bane: Tumbler Cha

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:06 am

Chosen One wrote:I'm not fond of the designs, but I'm still getting it, and it will still do well on the shelves as...

A) For those that MOC, too many wonderful pieces.

B) Most likely once off movie Bane and Swat Gordon.

C) Second chance to get a grey DK Batman. (Wish it was black though, curses Lego!)

D) Kids will love it, parents that think their kids will love it, they'll love it too.

E) The above with the price.

I'd have to agree with the above statements. It will still sell like hotcakes, just probably won't be a favorite amongst AFOL.
Gooker1

Postby cas » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:27 am

Robzula wrote:I'm assuming Cas' quote is directed at this and the Spider-man set.

Yeah, I'm specifically referring to these two sets.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:28 am

Ok, good stuff... it's a nice array of characters and vehicles and the Tumbler and Bat are not only in scale with each other, but also in scale with the minifigures.

People fail to realise how small the Tumbler actually is, it's not much larger than a standard car length wise, it's just wide, so the previous Tumbler was WAY oversized to the point of ridiculousness.

However, these are messily designed vehicles... the Tumbler is mostly ok, but it's way too flat on the sides, not angular enough. Chibi was an apt description. The single pane windshield is just laziness too.

The Bat is a hard vehicle to capture I get that, but this is so many shades of wrong. The Bat is WAY longer in TDKR and much less front heavy. The film Bat's cockpit and arms make up about 1/3 of the vehicle, here it seems closer to 1/2. As it happens I think it shouldn't have been as long and this lego design is actually closer to how I would've liked it, but in terms of screen accuracy it is pretty poor.

So I'm pretty unimpressed with this set accuracy wise, but for kids it'll be great. $40 for two vehicles, the main hero and villain AND Gordon? That's a pretty good deal.
CaptainFordo

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:46 am

Also, this means that the only minifigs that were shown earlier this year that have yet to find a set are Nick Fury, Venom, Mr. Freeze and that white Batman. I assume the latter two will be in the same set, it's probably some kind of arctic suit.
CaptainFordo

Postby Drock » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:05 am

CaptainFordo wrote:Also, this means that the only minifigs that were shown earlier this year that have yet to find a set are Nick Fury, Venom, Mr. Freeze and that white Batman. I assume the latter two will be in the same set, it's probably some kind of arctic suit.

yep. It's more or less been confirmed that there will be a set with Spidey, BMF, and Venom with some sort of car or cycle. Another will have Arctic Batman, Freeze, and Aquaman and the Batboat. They are each rumored to be $25.
Drock

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:29 am

Good, I was hoping for some reasonably priced sets for Freeze, I just hope the back of his head has the red goggles.
CaptainFordo

Postby Brickmythic » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:38 am

Wow this set is full of Fail.

Stickers scream laziness on the Tumbler. Also the Bat doesnt really look like that at all. Why can't this Bane have a full head print like the Batcave Bane?

other than the grey batman this set is a total let down.

I'll let you guys pay $40 and bricklink the batman for $5-8.

and all these reasons is why it will do amazing once EOL.

Ninjago has absolutely brilliant vehicles all designed for children. Children shouldn't be watching DKR so letting them play with DKR toys is sort of a hypocracy (hence why DKR toys and promotions largely absent from toy shelves). AFOL's got excited last few years thinking lego vehicles would be as well made as the Ninjago fangpyre truck which isn't going to be the case clearly.

Is Ninjago the best TLG can do in regards to innovative and imaginitive vehicle design?

TMNT Shellraiser seems to think so.
Brickmythic

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes