Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Details On Krang Android Minifigure Giveaway

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Details On Krang Android Minifigure Giveaway

Postby Staff » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:28 am

NYCC LEGO Retail Store Exclusive - Krang Android

Want more details on how to pick up the exclusive Krang Android minifigure? Check your email. LEGO has sent out the info to everyone on their mailing list, but just in case you're on the bottom of the list here it is.

Don't miss an exclusive LEGO® Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™ event at the LEGO® Store!
On Saturday, October 13th, help us celebrate our newest theme! Visit the LEGO® Store at Rockefeller Center and get a sneak peak of a LEGO® Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™ set launching in January 2013!

Plus, be one of the first 300 people to visit the LEGO® Store at Rockefeller Center, dressed as your favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle™ and you will receive a free exclusive minifigure!

October 13, The LEGO® Store at Rockefeller Center
Saturday, October 13: 10 am - 8 pm

Dress like a Ninja Turtle, they may have just found a way to make this figure even more difficult to get. We'll see how long that condition holds...

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/10/12/details-on-krang-android-minifigure-giveaway/
Staff

Re: Details On Krang Android Minifigure Giveaway

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:44 am

Yeah, I know it's ComicCon and all, but are there even 300 people in the area that will know about this promotion that have access to something that could reasonably be termed a TMNT costume?
Mister Ed

Postby Brickmythic » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Thanks for posting this info guys! you guys truly rock!

The time also happens to fall on Shabbos which a good chunk of New York City Children will be observing.

Events like this at the NYC Lego stores really need to fall on Sunday and/or Friday considering a good portion of NYC Children never get to attend such events.

guys in billund,
Might I suggest more holiday sensitive events in cultured cities of the world please. Especially for an iconic theme such as TMNT which has a large african american and jewish fan base in NYC!

I literally know hundreds if not thousands of kids in the Brooklyn/Manhattan area that would love to go but are commited to Hashem.

edited to throw out props to FBTB!
Last edited by Brickmythic on Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brickmythic

Postby Astrote713 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 pm

Well as long as you bring a pair of sais along with your costume... you should have no trouble :cool: .
Astrote713

Postby gomek » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:28 pm

I kind of feel the whole thing is pretty jerky on the part of Lego. There is no reason to make this figure so limited.

Just another effort to line the pockets of ebay scalpers and the employee's friends at the expense of fans. Another real smack in the face of collectors.

It's funny, I never say I'm going to boycott Superheroes when Lego does stuff like this, (because I'm far too into it) but TMNT, which I just kind of like.. yeah, it's much easier to write off. The completeist in me would much rather not collect then have a partial collection anyway. I wish nothing but failure on it.
gomek

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Yeah, that's a pretty cruel condition. But I guess it depends on what you define as a costume. You could probably just put on a green T-shirt, cut some eye holes into a piece of red, orange, blue, or purple piece of cloth, and bind it around your head right before asking for the minifig and call it a costume. The mask is still going to make you look like a dork, but you will only have humiliated yourself for that brief moment. ;-)
I'd go if I was in the area. Oh well.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:59 pm

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:Yeah, that's a pretty cruel condition. But I guess it depends on what you define as a costume. You could probably just put on a green T-shirt, cut some eye holes into a piece of red, orange, blue, or purple piece of cloth, and bind it around your head right before asking for the minifig and call it a costume. The mask is still going to make you look like a dork, but you will only have humiliated yourself for that brief moment. ;-)
I'd go if I was in the area. Oh well.

I'd go too!! Too bad I'm stuck in LA.

I don't mind the condition of the costume. At the end of the day, Lego is meant for kids. I think kids would be the most jazzed to get this really cool figure, or just to go to the lego store dressed up as a turtle. I think it's cool that they want people to dress up. That's great buzz right there for Lego. :)
Gooker1

Postby gomek » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:32 pm

Here is how it will go down.. 75 will go to AFOLs who don't mind the humiliation, 100 will go to a guy who brings a few costumes with him and pays by-standers $20 a piece to get the figures for him, so he can turn around and sell them on ebay for $150 a pop, 75 will go to friends of the employees, and also wind up on ebay. 50 will actually go to kids, whose parents will then take them away when they realize how much they are worth, and those will also wind up on ebay.

to recap: 75 to adult fans, 225 on ebay, 0 to kids.
gomek

Postby sstoroe » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 pm

I think that you guys are forgetting that this is aimed at AFOL (adults), not the kids.

I have kids and I would never give them a $300 rare figure so they could ruin it. :)
sstoroe

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:09 pm

Call me odd if you like, but if I got it for free, I would most DEFINITELY be letting my kids play with it, no matter what it was worth on eBay. And free is the only way I'd ever get it, because I'd be unwilling to pay that kind of cash for it. I don't know what a chrome C-3PO is worth, and I don't really care. My kids can play with mine. (Though if they lose it, I'll be miffed. They know to be careful with LEGO in general, anyway, though.)
Mister Ed

Postby murphquake » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:46 pm

gomek, it wasn't that bad... several NYCC Lego fans came with badges and no costumes... plenty of kids lined up before hand... one kid in not much of a costume, but with mom/dad/kid sister had 4 in his hand when I got in...

Oky Wan Kenobi: green fleece hat i had in my pocket when i found out what was necessary, green pants, green t-shirt, strip of old orange laundry bag with not quite in the right spot holes, couple of triangular bandages tied around my knees... 2 lego boxes cut to shape and tied on, one in front for a shell with a red "hi my name is" sticker replicated by sharpie and name of "MICHAELANG-LEGO", back shell cut in hex and tied at corners to fold into shell shape and strapped to my backpack.... I think I earned mine =-D

Met some really nice people in line, some thoughtful parent had printed out probably a dozen paper masks, I had black/green/blue/red sharpies and trauma shears, so a few more people had costumes than earlier...

it's a cool figure, the best part by far is the back of the head printing, which isn't even visible with the hair on, and i'm sure some plexi-glass-case-collectors will never see... I thought it would be a bit lame, I'd like to see a rubber/plastic Kraang with a brick built mini-mech, kind of like a Salacious B. Crumb, Rotta Hutt or small animals (Friends Hedgehogs!)
murphquake

Return to Licensed Themes