Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Legoland Florida experiences...

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Legoland Florida experiences...

Postby jmm7375 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Hey all,

I am new to the forum, but not new to Lego. Visited Legoland Florida at the end of August and although my family and I had a blast (Florida schools started and the park was empty) I left with a slightly bad taste in my mouth...

My wife wanted me to get a souvenir, but honestly I get myself all the Lego Star Wars sets I'd like. Anyway, I tried to find something I wanted or could use, but nothing seemed right. Finally after parading around the park I saw what I wanted, a wide brimmed navy beach hat that had the Legoland logo on it. I thought this would be perfect since I normally work at a daycamp over the summer and the sun and I don't always get along.

Well first of all, I couldn't believe it but the hat is not even for sale. Apparently it is only available to employees as part of their wardrobe. I was really upset by this, but I have a feeling I only wanted it more, since I couldn't have it. I thought this was silly not to offer a hat for purchase. I can understand not selling name pins which is like an employee badge, but a hat?

So I am crazy or do others feel my frustration too. I already contacted the person in charge of retail purchasing and they assure me they'll be in touch if something similar is available to the public. Somehow I doubt I'll hear back from them.

Be well.
jmm7375

Re: Legoland Florida experiences...

Postby SuperDave » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:27 am

I think it's understandable for a vendor not to offer "uniform" pieces for sale. It'd be like Target selling red polo shirts with their logo on them.
SuperDave

Postby jmm7375 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:49 am

I understand what you are saying, but not every employee wears the hat and a ton of their merchandise has their logo on it. I liked the style of this hat compared to the visors and baseball caps they had to offer.

BTW, I've worn a red polo and khaki's to Target and people ask me for help :)
jmm7375

Postby SuperDave » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:50 am

Right- it would make sense to sell a hat in a similar style but perhaps a different color scheme. For example, I have a yellow Lego polo shirt from an event I attended, but their store staff all wear black shirts. For a laugh along these lines, watch this. :-)
SuperDave

Postby SDIronClaw » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:15 am

SuperDave wrote:Right- it would make sense to sell a hat in a similar style but perhaps a different color scheme. For example, I have a yellow Lego polo shirt from an event I attended, but their store staff all wear black shirts. For a laugh along these lines, watch this. :-)

Lol, great video!
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby jmm7375 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:52 pm

SuperDave wrote:Right- it would make sense to sell a hat in a similar style but perhaps a different color scheme. For example, I have a yellow Lego polo shirt from an event I attended, but their store staff all wear black shirts. For a laugh along these lines, watch this. :-)

100% on the same page as you. I think employees where navy and khaki, so if they had black or red I would have been totally fine with that, just like your shirt. Video was cute simply due to the sheer # of participants. Thanks for your thoughts :)
jmm7375

Return to General LEGO Discussions