Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[NYCC] Minifigure Giveaway Details

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

[NYCC] Minifigure Giveaway Details

Postby Staff » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:22 am

NYCC Exclusive - Dark Turtle

What comic con with a LEGO presence would be complete without some sort of minifig giveaway? As with San Diego Comic Con, LEGO is giving away a couple exclusive minifigs, but only one will be available at the show. First up is the Dark Turtle, pictured above, from the newly announced Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles license. He will be given away via raffle on Thursday starting at 4pm, and again on Friday and Saturday at 11am. The second figure, below, is the new Krang Android also from the TMNT line and switching things up a bit, he will be available on Saturday through the Rockefeller Center LEGO Store.

This is preliminary information so visit the LEGO booth for exact details. Good luck!

NYCC LEGO Retail Store Exclusive - Krang Android

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/10/11/nycc-minifigure-giveaway-details/
Staff

Re: [NYCC] Minifigure Giveaway Details

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:35 am

The android thing is through Rockefeller Center? Well, that's annoying. It's like a half hour walk between there and the Javits.

I want the dark turtle just for that awesome skateboard!
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:56 am

it may or may not be. the info i had is preliminary and they love changing their minds on things like this at the last minute. i'd just keep asking around if i were you.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:02 am

I'll definitely look into it and report back. That's a real hassle if they go that route, though I guess it'll send a lot of business over to the LEGO Store.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:35 am

I'm pretty stoked on the figs. I've only seen the first episode of TMNT, so I'm not sure how the dark turtle plays into it.

It's tough to watch this all over again as I was in love w/ the cartoon as a kid during the 90's.
Gooker1

Postby KZB » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:06 am

I like the dark turtle minifig so much more than the regular ones, it remindes me of the action figures from the 90s, so bad that it'll be hard to get : /
KZB

Postby sstoroe » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:23 am

How many are they giving away? Does anyone know?
sstoroe

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Apparently the givaway raffle today actually started at 3, so be sure to get there earlier than the times posted. Last minute changes happen.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:43 pm

One of these years I'd like to get to a Con so I'd actually have a chance at getting a promo fig w/o paying through the nose.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Looks like I'm going to have a hard time getting a set of these for myself, let alone extras for friends.

*sigh* Exclusives...
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Ultron32 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:31 pm

I've gotta get that Cyborg. I got the dark-turtle, he looks pretty nice. Within less than a minute of having him in my hand, someone approached and asked if I might sell it. I'm considering doing that eventually, I would easily prefer, say, green lantern to him.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby murphquake » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:38 am

Rick, We'll cab-pool to rockefeller and back if need be... Or meet there first then go to Javits. In other news I've written "SPACE" on two of the tag wall building areas surrounding the LEGO Store at their NYCC booth and will hit some more tomorrow (inside joke)

I got the Landspeeder tin, opened it immediately and built it at the I LUG NY booth (Level 1B booth #201), where GIR3691 himself has a TON of amazing MOCs on display and I have a few from an obviously demended paramedic. We're not in the main hall but I hope everyone can come see what happens when over 15 AFOLs get a chance to do something awesome with Lego...

Getting the parts layout, instructions and some pics on flickr now (murphquake on there too, you guys can use them freely)

Ultron, several people were trying to buy them, I gave it a few tries with no luck, ended up talking to an AFOL from california who was trying to get one for himself... hopefully tomorrow will go better
murphquake

Postby Brick_Obession » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:08 am

Do we have any idea how many of these are going to be given away? Are we looking around a 1000 like the SDCC Exclusives or closer to the 250 range like Superman?
"The future is a consequence of the present"
Brick_Obession

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:15 am

Just got an email from Lego:

"On Saturday, October 13th, help us celebrate our newest theme! Visit the LEGO® Store at Rockefeller Center and get a sneak peak of a LEGO® Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™ set launching in January 2013!

Plus, be one of the first 300 people to visit the LEGO® Store at Rockefeller Center, dressed as your favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle™ and you will receive a free exclusive minifigure!"

Looks like you'll have to dress up to get the figure. Run to Target now! hahaha
Gooker1

Return to Licensed Themes