Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout Set Revealed

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout Set Revealed

Postby Staff » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:52 pm

10937 Batman - Arkham Asylum Breakout

After seeing the minifigures teased at the San Diego Comic Con the first official picture of the largest set (so far) from the new Super Heroes line has finally arrived. It seems the Batman line is chugging right along with releasing updated versions of the sets from the original series, but at first glance I will say I like the look of this one more than the other refits. It's no wonder Batman's rogues gallery busts out of Arkham so often, the place is covered with weapons.
The set is due to be available from LEGO in January.

10937 Batman™ - Arkham Asylum Breakout

Ages 14+. 1,351 pieces.

US $159.99 CA $209.99 DE 159.99€ UK 129.99 £ DK 1399.00 DKK

The villains have broken out of Arkham Asylum and must be stopped!

Sound the alarm! The Joker, The Penguin, Poison Ivy and Scarecrow have escaped from Arkham Asylum with the help of Dr. Harleen Quinzel. These villains are about to wreak havoc in the streets of Gotham City! Help Caped Crusaders Batman™ and Robin swoop into action and put those good-for-nothing criminals back where they belong! Chase after the security van as it breaks through the gothic gates! Then throw each villain back behind bars in 8 highly detailed rooms. Includes 8 minifigures: Batman™, Robin, The Joker, The Penguin, Poison Ivy, Dr. Harleen Quinzel, Scarecrow and a guard, all with assorted weapons or accessories

* Includes 8 minifigures: Batman™, Robin, The Joker, The Penguin, Poison Ivy, Dr. Harleen Quinzel, Scarecrow and a guard, all with assorted weapons
* Features Arkham Asylum, security gate, gothic décor, moss, vines and ice elements
* Vehicles include security van
* Security van features opening back doors, removable roof and stretcher
* Arkham Asylum features opening cell doors, special Poison Ivy cell with transparent doors, the Mr. Freeze icy tower room, the Dr. Harleen Quinzel office and changing room, medical treatment room and security reception area
* Security gate features opening double doors and security camera
* Weapons include Batarang and kendo stick
* Recapture the villains!
* Break through the gate with the security van!
* Open all of the cell doors and let the villains out!
* Unleash The Joker from his cage restraints in the security van!
* Arkham Asylum measures over 12" (32cm) high, 13" (34cm) wide and 5" (14cm) deep
* Security van measures over 2" (7cm) high, 5" (13cm) long and 2" (6cm) wide
* Security gate measures over 5" (12cm) high and 9" (24cm) wide

10937 Box10937 Back Main10937 Front10937 Back Door Cell10937 Back Jail10937 Back Truck10937 Harley And Joker10937 Harley Room10937 Ivy Chamber10937 Harley10937 Guard10937 Batman10937 Ivy10937 Joker10937 Penguin10937 Robin10937 ScareCrow10937 Product ShotGuard Product ShotHarley Product ShotIvy Product ShotJoker Product ShotPenguin Product ShotRobin Product ShotScareCrow Product ShotTheBat Product Shot

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/10/05/batman-arkham-asylum-breakout-set-revealed/
Staff

Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout Set Revealed

Postby JamesBenjamin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:57 pm

So at that price point, I guess this is a Lego store exclusive? (and perhaps TRU online).

Whats the most expensive set that Target and/or Walmart have ever stocked in store? The $140 Falcon?
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby Flynn » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:58 pm

That looks amazing. Seriously. More evidence that the line is at its strongest when it's not trying to remake older sets.*

(Yes, I'm aware Arkham has been a set already, but this takes the concept in such a different direction that the only thing it seems to have in common with the original are three of the minifigures. With the other 'remake' sets you can see a conscious effort in taking the original set ideas and redoing them for the modern line- here, it doesn't seem like they even looked at the original set and just went their own way in designing it- much to the set's benefit, IMO)
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:00 pm

Wow - that looks like a pretty serious set!
Brainslugged

Postby sparkart » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:18 pm

Looks great! I can't help but be reminded that this wasn't created in a vacuum. With all the great Bat-media out there, from the Arkham games to the Nolan movies, and those things that only adults read...what where they called? Oh yeah, comic books, there are so many influences that help to make this Arkham set looks so nice.

I'm kinda wondering why there isn't a big Green Lantern series in the works. Forget the forgettable movie, the cartoon isn't bad, and there's a lot of devoted Green Lantern fans who'd like to customize minifigures to represent all the alien Green Lanterns, and make all the goofy Green Lantern creations, like giant fists and funky vehicles. I guess I need to remember that Green Lantern isn't popular the world over, and the relative failure of the Green Lantern movie probably killed a lot of licensing dreams.
sparkart

Postby SapphirePhoenix » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:52 pm

:O :shock: That is AWESOME! :D Really cool! :D i love it. :3
I still can't wait for the Hobbit sets at the NEW YORK COMIC CON! :D
SapphirePhoenix

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:00 pm

Not sure why the release said 1351 pieces and the box says 1619, going to assume the box is correct until told otherwise...
buriedbybricks

Postby Marty » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:18 pm

Wow, I expect a half baked attempt like the other new releases, but nothing like this, looks like they've done a whole new approach on this.
I like it!
Now lets see what they come up with for Mr Freeze?
XD
Marty

Postby zwolya » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:22 pm

Behind the Funhouse, this is the second MUST HAVE set in the new DC line, in my opinion.
zwolya

Postby lococaca » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:35 pm

* Features Arkham Asylum, security gate, gothic décor, moss, vines and ice elements

* Arkham Asylum features opening cell doors, special Poison Ivy cell with transparent doors, the Mr. Freeze icy tower room,

Mr Freeze stuff, but no Mr. Freeze. At SDCC they showed and Artic Batman and Mr. Freeze. Maybe a connecting set?
lococaca

Postby Yodalicious » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:59 am

I will not add another theme to my collection. I will not add another theme to my collection.

Sorry, just trying to convince myself that I won't be buying this. So far, its not working.
Yodalicious

Postby Sharpie Clone » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:01 am

zwolya wrote:Behind the Funhouse, this is the second MUST HAVE set in the new DC line, in my opinion.

I got the Funhouse. It is okay. The minifigs are definitely the highlight. This one seems to have a lot of nice MFs too. I can already see the dealers in Hong Kong, breaking up the set and selling it w/o MFs for a nice profit, but really killing you, but selling Scarecrow or Dr. H. Quinn for about $30 each. :facepalm:
Sharpie Clone

Postby Drock » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:44 am

Yodalicious wrote:I will not add another theme to my collection. I will not add another theme to my collection.

Sorry, just trying to convince myself that I won't be buying this. So far, its not working.

You are beaten. It is useless to resist.
Drock

Postby sparkart » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:50 am

So, is this going to be the 10188 (Death Star) of the Batman/Superheroes universe? There's no other setting where you'd find this concentration of comic-book characters? The Justice League has never really caught on with Joe and Jane Public, so I doubt there's any interest in a Hall of Justice or Mount Justice or Watchtower.

I can imagine a large SHIELD heli-carrier LEGO set could include all the movie Avengers, or an Avengers mansion/X-Men mansion has the potential for lotsa minifigures. Which reminds me of a funny Marvel "What if" comic-story, "What if everybody who'd ever been an Avenger had remained an Avenger?" That comic book page must be over 25-years-old, so you can imagine that today's roster would be longer. A little.
sparkart

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 am

That'd be pretty awesome to se the X-Men Mansion...crossing fingers we see that in a year or two!
Gooker1

Postby batsamd » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:03 pm

I like this set. Was hoping I'd be able to skip it like I did most of the initial DC sets since I got all the original Batman sets, but after seeing the pics, I'm going to cave-in and pick it up.

Hopefully Amazon will get it, so maybe I'll be able to pick it up on sale, at least a little discount, because it'll be hard for me to justify spending $160 on any LEGO set.

I do wish the color would match with the original, so the original could be displayed as a part of this set, since this set is only the front wall.
batsamd

Postby DocBlock » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:57 pm

I agree this'll be a hard one to pass up.

Better start saving my pennies.
DocBlock

Postby SirBasilAshton » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:57 am

Hmm... the box says the set consists of 1619-pieces and the write-up says 1351-pieces. A difference of 268 pieces. Hope the info on the box is more accurate.
SirBasilAshton

Postby alldarker » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:03 am

SirBasilAshton wrote:Hmm... the box says the set consists of 1619-pieces and the write-up says 1351-pieces. A difference of 268 pieces. Hope the info on the box is more accurate.

Easily explained: it's an accidental copy-paste mistake, with the press-release most probably having been typed up in the same document as the press-release for the 10233 Horizon Express (TGV) train. That trainset actually DOES contain 1,351 pieces. Another clue that this happened: notice the minimum age on the box of Arkham Asylum (12+) and compare that to the press-release (14+) for Arkham Asylum. Now look at the minimum age on the 10233 press-release again :)

I'd say it's VERY safe to assume that this set will actually contain 1619 pieces, making the cost-to-brick ratio a very normal and fair 10 cents per piece.
alldarker

Postby SirBasilAshton » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:15 am

Thanks for the clarification. I have no interest in 10223 so I'm glad someone else was able to figure this out. "Copy-paste" aside, this mistake really bothers me. I would consider LEGO to be a very successful company that has high business standards. How do they experience a "copy-paste" mistake? Did someone forget to check the info prior to releasing it? Unbelieveable.
SirBasilAshton

Next

Return to Licensed Themes