Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

(US) TRU 20% off Games + $5 off $25 coupon Bricktober Week 2

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

(US) TRU 20% off Games + $5 off $25 coupon Bricktober Week 2

Postby murphquake » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:18 pm

Toys N Bricks has a post about Bricktober Week 2 promotions at TRU http://toysnbricks.com/usa-toysrus-lego ... er-week-2/

In the post there's a pic of a coupon flyer with $5 off $25 purchase coupons, 1 for Lego Games & 1 for Duplo.

In the forum thread about the post someone mentioned Games being on sale for 20% off.

I looked at the TRU website and they're listing Game 3920 The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey for $27.99, apparently taking the 20% off the RRP of $34.99 (S@H/Lego Store price) not the $39.99/$40.99 it's been marked & scanning as for the last week in NYC (two stores in Queens/Times Square flagship store, respectively)

I got to the Rego Center Mall (Junction Blvd, Rego Park, Queens) about 10 minutes before they closed, and grabbed some things to scan but couldn't find The Hobbit, then checked where I'd seen the boxes last Sunday (with a big sticker saying "Do not shelf before October 1st") and saw they were all still there! Pulled one down, cut it open, grabbed 2 and scanned them... $27.99! (unheard of around here to find TRU website price matching a store price =-( I grabbed an overpriced 4191 POTC Captain's Cabin ($14.99) to hit the $60 mark for the Bricktober promo and went to the customer service counter to check out because they keep the Vintage Minifigure Sets there. When the girl rang me up (after I found myself unable not to buy a Blue M&M/Boba Fett candy fan) both Hobbit game sets had $5 taken off on the receipt and I was charged only $22.99 for each one!

I know everyone has TRU horror stories but these past two weeks I've made some nice buys and gotten a cool MF set to go with them, so I'm quite happy! Just realized I had a $10 off $100 coupon with me, so maybe I'll get another set of the Vintage MFs while this deal is still going on and get some other games I haven't picked up yet (especially if they'll all ring as $5 off!! ... something was on sale for $6.98 I guess I could get 51 copies of that for 90 something bucks =-o
murphquake

Re: (US) TRU 20% off Games + $5 off $25 coupon Bricktober We

Postby murphquake » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:28 pm

murphquake

Return to Finds/Deals