Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New York Comic Con Exclusive Luke's Landspeeder

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

New York Comic Con Exclusive Luke's Landspeeder

Postby nyjpapi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:37 pm

I will certainly be buying a few of these next weekend!

LEGO® Star Wars Exclusive for New York Comic Con
Help Luke Skywalker build his Chibi Landspeeder and see where his next adventures lead.
This LEGO® set, the third in a series, was produced exclusively for the 2012 New York Comic Con. Featuring a Luke Skywalker Minifigure and his buildable landspeeder, the set is packaged in an exclusive collector’s tin. Each tin in this limited run of 1,000 sets is individually numbered. Limited quantities will be available each day for sale through the course of New York Comic Con, on a first come first served basis.
http://instagram.com/p/QVYoeqvOti/
nyjpapi

Re: New York Comic Con Exclusive Luke's Landspeeder

Postby drdesignz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 pm

You should buy me one while you're at it XD :lol:
drdesignz

Postby SDIronClaw » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Me too! I'll pay a finders fee too lol.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby SirBasilAshton » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:29 pm

Wow that exclusive looks great. I definitely need to get my hands on one.
SirBasilAshton

Postby twentythree » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:11 am

I'd be interested in trading a Star Wars Celebration VI exclusive Slave I tin for this.
"I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
"What I told you was true...from a certain point of view" - Obi Wan Kenobi
"A lion, a witch, and a wardrobe walk into a bar...stop me if you've heard this one" - me
twentythree

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:05 am

Awesome!!!! I'd trade an SDCC Maul for this tin. :)
Gooker1

Postby nyjpapi » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:22 am

Gooker1 wrote:Awesome!!!! I'd trade an SDCC Maul for this tin. :)

PM me. I am very interested in trading for an SDCC Maul tin.
nyjpapi

Postby brickmodder » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:28 am

The picture on the tin doesn't match the model... Just sayin.

brickmodder

Postby sparkart » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:23 am

Heh, like this one, the first of the tins I like, actually. Funny comment about it from waspy*****, "Does anyone else think it kinda looks like an ice cream sandwich with jets?"
:lol:
Not until now, but yes, now.
sparkart

Postby Blacknight » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:00 pm

That's pretty much the first Lego convention exclusive I've ever seen (outside of polypagged minifigs) that looks mildly cool.
Blacknight

Postby GIR3691 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:06 pm

I'll do my best to pick a few spares up during the convention.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby SDIronClaw » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:12 pm

I'll trade a Boba Fett tin for one, whoever might be interested.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby dawookieewarrior » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:18 am

I am going to try to get one. Wish I was going on Press Day on Thursday so I can have a better chance. But I am only going Friday. Hard decision between this and the Hallmark Ornament since I collect both.
dawookieewarrior

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:06 am

dawookieewarrior wrote:I am going to try to get one. Wish I was going on Press Day on Thursday so I can have a better chance. But I am only going Friday. Hard decision between this and the Hallmark Ornament since I collect both.

That's a tough call there. It's gonna be practically impossible to score both unless you're going with a friend. That way, one person can wait at each place. If Lego is par the course, they won't sell it right when it opens, but there will be a line. Hallmark on the other hand, sells right when they open up, so you can buy the Hallmark, and then meet your friend in line at Lego.

If that's not possible, I'd suggest buying the Hallmark one as the premium on those in the secondary market is insane. The tin will go anywhere between $80-90, so you're just paying twice the cost vs 10x the cost on those ornaments.

Good luck!!!
Gooker1

Postby deco_droid » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:21 am

GIR3691 wrote:I'll do my best to pick a few spares up during the convention.

kewl -- let me know how much you want for one!
deco_droid

Postby dawookieewarrior » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:47 am

Gooker1 wrote:
dawookieewarrior wrote:I am going to try to get one. Wish I was going on Press Day on Thursday so I can have a better chance. But I am only going Friday. Hard decision between this and the Hallmark Ornament since I collect both.

That's a tough call there. It's gonna be practically impossible to score both unless you're going with a friend. That way, one person can wait at each place. If Lego is par the course, they won't sell it right when it opens, but there will be a line. Hallmark on the other hand, sells right when they open up, so you can buy the Hallmark, and then meet your friend in line at Lego.

If that's not possible, I'd suggest buying the Hallmark one as the premium on those in the secondary market is insane. The tin will go anywhere between $80-90, so you're just paying twice the cost vs 10x the cost on those ornaments.

Good luck!!!

It will be tough I may need to make some friends in line. I am hoping I can find someone who is going on Thursday that can get me the Hallmark or the Lego. I was planning on going on Thursday but those plans got derailed. having a plan blow up in the face isn't good. lol
dawookieewarrior

Postby spencerb3 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:18 pm

I must be living in some hole! I was at SDCC and at Celebration VI and I completely missed these tins! I've decided to take a little break and I'm not heading back to NYCC this year, and then I see the announcement about the exclusive tin.

So I'm looking to get all three of these. I've got a few friends attending NYCC, but I'm not sure if they're going to be able to brave the lines. I've got some art work I made for Celebration V and VI that I could trade, or even just pay for them!
spencerb3

Postby murphquake » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:54 am

I got one Thursday and should have gotten back on line for another... hoping to get 2 tomorrow or sunday as I was late today.... I'm going in a few hours to the Rockefeller Center store in the hopes of getting a Kraang or two... costume will be laughable at best and thrown out as soon as i'm done, then cab straight to comic con...

winning the raffle for the dark turtle is tough they're giving out a LOT of tickets and not many winners (like 100 or less), but not many are getting picked up... one guy got one and sold it for $350 on ebay before he left the show thursday, people were shoving money in the faces of winners and no one would sell (i was at least discrete =-)

What's funny is that having the landspeeder (pics and instructions at my flickr (same name) or Huw at brickset has a PDF of them) now what i really want is that pizza box!!
murphquake

Postby dawookieewarrior » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:16 am

I was able to snag one of Friday as well as the Hallmark I was wanting to get. Now I just need to try to snag a Darth Maul tin.

NYCC was fun got a lot done on my own this year. I got there early enough and got a good spot in line then when they separated the autograph seekers from the con goers got an even better spot in line almost near the front until a couple of guys let in 15 of their friends. Not really cool, but didn't really matter in the end.
dawookieewarrior

Postby drdesignz » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:22 pm

I just bought one on eBay, so I'll have all three soon. I hear these are a set and will be the only three produced.
drdesignz

Next

Return to Star Wars