Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

The Suits Of Iron Man 3 On Set

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

The Suits Of Iron Man 3 On Set

Postby Staff » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:44 pm

If you're a fan of the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, then you may be anxiously awaiting the third installment in the Iron Man franchise due to be released next year. The rumours surounding sets based on the film being circulated seem to be pretty well accepted as fact even though we have no official word on the subject from LEGO themselves. If we do get a series of Iron Man tie in sets similar to this years Avengers release, then each new picture and leaked bit of info could translate into LEGO form. Speculative Spoilers Ahead, Read At Your Own Risk.

I'm not a fan of the new Mark XLVII armour pictured above even if I will admit to it looking a *tiny* bit better in the light of day, so I originally thought I'd have a shot at skipping any possible set it could be in (unless it's an outstanding set with a dog of a figure). The little hip tattoo and shoulder mounted weapon on what was originally thought to be the Iron Patriot (and still could be named as such) seem to confirm that we may not see a classic black and silver War Machine back for this sequel. Fortunately for me, I really like the stars and stripes look, so I'd be happy with a figure based on this version. For now...

If figures based on these suits do end up being produced I, along with many others, will most likely have to get them whether I like them or not. Owning one or two suits you're not fond of is probably a price I'd be willing to pay to have my own official LEGO hall of armour. With villains ading up and rumours of multiple suits running rampant, there could be a lot of material to draw from for this movie. I just hope they don't try to cram too much into it and pull a Spider-man 3. If that spangly suit is produced, I will have to have it just because I'm a huge What if? fan and love this cover.

One of the rumoured sets has already been removed from the 2013 Super Hero list on Brickset, so who knows where the unseen sets will land. The first IM3 teaser is due October 23rd so we may get a nice glimpse of the characters that could appear in sets, like the Mandarin. With any luck and little doubt, we'll see some news come out of NYCC and be able to put some of these rumours to bed. Feel free to weigh in on your opinions of the new suits and what you'd like to see from the rumoured sets.
I'm going to start saving now, just in case.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/10/03/the-suits-of-iron-man-3-on-set/
Staff

Re: The Suits Of Iron Man 3 On Set

Postby that guy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Not to possibly show my ignorance, but wouldn't they have a tough time doing an accurate Iron Patriot given a lack of back story in any of the Spiderman Movies lending any credence to Norman somehow being alive to assume the role??
that guy

Postby buriedbybricks » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:30 pm

I don't think that would be an issue since the films don't follow the comics very closely, but seem to mash together different aspects/characters. They seem to avoid specifically naming the villains as well, just choosing to give them lip service in one off comments (Iron Monger) or not naming them at all (Whiplash/Crimson Dynamo).
If this is the direction they take Rhodey, I can see where they're going based on the overall arc of the MCU movies, but I'll miss the old War Machine look.
buriedbybricks

Postby murphquake » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Am i the only one who can see Tony throwing CapAm a suit for some special mission after their Avengers collab? As soon as I saw the pic I thought "oooh Captain America Iron Man suit"
murphquake

Postby bricks_n_more » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:28 am

Am I the only one that isn't all that thrilled about the Iron Man suit? The Iron Patriot suit looks cool, but Iron Man's suit is somehow lacking. I especially think that it won't translate well to Lego. Kind of like the terrible Loki outfit.
bricks_n_more

Postby buriedbybricks » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:46 am

bricks_n_more wrote:Am I the only one that isn't all that thrilled about the Iron Man suit?

No. I said I wasn't a fan of it in the post.

bricks_n_more wrote:I especially think that it won't translate well to Lego. Kind of like the terrible Loki outfit.

I thought Loki's suit in the film was great and LEGO did an excellent job translating it.
buriedbybricks

Postby sparkart » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:18 am

I dunno, seeing the Iron Patriot, I'm thinking I'm seeing the ramp, seeing the shark...

Once you start mixing character attributes, to me, they generally lose more than they gain. For example, Mighty Mouse, a mixture of Mickey Mouse and Superman. He was never as popular as the character from which he was derived.

I was actually getting bored in the theater watching Iron Man and War Machine fight Whiplash's drones. Too many guys in armor, IMHO, and Iron Man isn't special, anymore.
sparkart

Return to Licensed Themes