Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10 Foot LEGO Lord Vampyre Is Raised In New Orleans

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

10 Foot LEGO Lord Vampyre Is Raised In New Orleans

Postby Staff » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:03 am

http://youtu.be/rbTjJUZ766Y

You're in The Big Easy for the weekend. You're caffinated, want to stay up all night and have some fun, so what are you gonna do? Build a 10 foot tall LEGO Lord Vampyre of course, what else could you do?. As Ace posted before the event this past weekend, this massive Monster Fighters themed statue was assembled by Master Model Builder Erik Varszegi with the help of the events attendees.

The 150,000 piece model will be dismantled and shipped to LEGOLAND California for their Halloween activities, which I'm sure will delight the children there and after that he'll no doubt disappear back into the night. Anyone else wish LEGO had made those new bat arms in the black and red printing?

Photos via Technabob
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/10/03/10-foot-lego-lord-vampire-is-raised-in-new-orleans/
Staff

Re: 10 Foot LEGO Lord Vampire Is Raised In New Orleans

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:38 am

Pretty cool, but I believe his name is spelled Vampyre. ;)
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby sparkart » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Yes, the black and red wing arms would be great to have. Actually, more colors would be terrific, I mean, the community is so creative, who knows what they could come up with given more parts and color variety.

The obvious is using the black bat wing arms with a black Batman and the brown wing arms for a Man-Bat, but I'd love some in green or gray to make gargoyles, Cthulu-things, etc.
sparkart

Postby buriedbybricks » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:29 pm

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:Pretty cool, but I believe his name is spelled Vampyre. ;)

Which is why I spelled it that way in the article, threw the lord in the title and forgot to change it. Oh well.
buriedbybricks

Postby Ibiscribe » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:42 am

sparkart wrote:...green or gray to make gargoyles, Cthulu-things, etc.

YES definitely. ;_;
Ibiscribe

Return to General LEGO Discussions