Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Corellian Defender with Satele, Qyzen Fess, & C2-N2

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] Corellian Defender with Satele, Qyzen Fess, & C2-N2

Postby glenbricker » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:54 pm

Hello all,

Here is a Corellian Defender from Star Wars the Old Republic I made for my friends at Bioware. Initially I designed it to not accept minifigs but instead to be in scale with the statuette piece (depicted below). Then the Fury came out which is technically the same size as the Defender, but IT has figs, so I decided to go ahead and integrate them.

The minifig integrated Defender is a little less authentic to the game's model, but I like it more actually. The red top to the cockpit should be Grey for instance but I like the aesthetic better with the White/Red/White/Red.

This photo uses some editing to display several parts in Dark Red that are not available in Dark Red. Does anyone know a Vinyl Dye that matches Dark red well?

As you can see in the above image the whole cockpit canopy comes up...I was thinking of putting in some "hydraulics" here but I like the idea of supporting two figures more...so there is not any room for the hydraulics I was thinking of.

I am really happy with this sliding out mechanic used for the C2-N2 pod. I am perfecting it still but the concept uses a minimal footprint allowing me to stick the fig in a very tight spot.

Here are some of the custom figures I am designing to go with the Defender. the Trandoshan is Qyzen Fess, who is a companion to Jedi Consular in SWTOR. The droid is C2-N2, and is the droid that comes with the ship.

Satele is holding of the statuette parts in case you are unfamiliar with them. I would love it if they produced these in trans blue for holograms. The one in the image is a rendering.

This design is meant to be visible from all angles, so I used a lot of SNOT. The ships is bisected down the middle and flipped. Its been a lot of fun.

I look forward to any feedback, good or bad.

If you really like it you can support it on Cuusoo http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/11084. I would truly appreciate the support.

This (rather poor) image shows the size of the Defender relative to the Official Fury.

Here is one of the images I used as the source for my build presented to allow comparison.

Thanks to KielDaMan for this side by side comparison image

The future:

Although I have minimal space to do it in I am going to attempt to make retractable landing gear and have the Cargo/Droid pods open indirectly, and I might modernize the cones the lead into the main thrusters.

For my next Star Wars project I am working on the Mantis.
glenbricker

Re: [SW] Corellian Defender with Satele, Qyzen Fess, & C2-N2

Postby sparkart » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:01 pm

I thought it looked great, even without the context that it's modelled after something (I'm not familiar with the Old Republic anything). After seeing the original ship, I'm even more impressed by its fidelity to the subject. Nice!
sparkart

Postby DocBlock » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:51 am

Wow very nice model and great presentation.
DocBlock

Postby Ibiscribe » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:57 am

Nice! Definitely has my support. You really did a great job matching the look of the ship.
I also agree that having little hologram pieces would be awesome. Much better than the rectangular printed bricks we have now.
Ibiscribe

Postby glenbricker » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:27 pm

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.
glenbricker

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase