Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Draft 7: C-C-C-COMBO!

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

FBTB Draft 7: C-C-C-COMBO!

Postby Staff » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:57 am

Here's your early "Save the Date" announcement for the next FBTB Draft. Our 7th(!) parts draft will be on Saturday October 20th.

This time we're not only drafting TWO SETS, but we're also going green - dark green.

Click here to see the Bricklink inventory for 7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship and 7978 Angler Attack.

10 participants will be drafting 20 sets total (10 each of both sets.) The draft fee is $40, which covers the 50% off cost of the two sets plus tax. There will be an additional nominal charge after the draft has been completed which will cover your exact shipping and packaging cost.

Registration will open on Monday September 24th at 4 pm PST. I'll post a followup item closer to registration day with the full lineup of draft rules so you know what you're getting yourself into. A good primer would be to catch up the forum thread from our last draft.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/09/11/fbtb-draft-7-c-c-c-combo/
Staff

Re: FBTB Draft 7: C-C-C-COMBO!

Postby MisterFubar » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Of course it's a day that I'll be out of town attending Death by Powerpoint classes.
MisterFubar

Postby Chief » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:45 am

Pretty Much Everything You Need to Know

What we're drafting: 7930 Bounty Hunter Assault Gunship and 7978 Angler Attack. There will be 10 copies of each: 20 sets total in the draft.

How much $$$: USD $40, plus a separate shipping fee that includes the actual postage and packaging cost. After the draft has taken place, I will contact you with your shipping fee.

Who: TBD on Monday September 24th at 4 pm PST when the registration period opens. This will be open to any FBTB member who joined before that date, regardless of post count.

When: Saturday October 20th at 10 am PST

Where: #fbtbdraft, a special draft room we'll make on the FBTB IRC chat. Participants will need to familiarize themselves with the workings of the chat before draft day. Don't worry, it's not terribly difficult!

-The first NINE (one slot has already been given to someone who gave more than 24 hours advance notice of their inability to make the previous draft because work rescheduled them) forum members who respond to this topic on Monday September 24th after 4 PM PST and pay the entry fee (via PayPal within 24 hours after the Payment Instructions have been sent out) will become our Potential Participants *cue fanfare.* If any of the 10 Potentials do not pay their fee within the timeframe, the next person on the Standby List gets their spot in the draft.
-If something comes up within the next few weeks and you can no longer participate, you have until 24 hours before draft time to cancel without penalty. There will be no refunds for cancellation within 24 hours of draft time. I will consider polite requests to be in the next draft. Repeat offenders will not receive this privilege.
-I will do my best to fill any vacancies up 12 hours before the draft. It pays to be on the standby list: members have made it into the participant list from the standby list for a few drafts now.
-All participants must be present in the IRC chat at draft time. We will wait a maximum of 10 minutes for latecomers. There will be no participation by proxy: you're either present for the draft or you're out. After 10 minutes your spot is forfeited and we proceed without you, and there will be no fee refund. Again, however, I will consider giving you a spot in the next draft providing your excuse tugs my heartstrings enough. Repeat offenders will be shunned.
-All participants MUST have an inventory in front of them during the draft. I don't care if it's on your screen or printed in front of you, you need it. Participants will check off/note/delete items after each person's turn. It's imperative that everyone keep track of what parts are still up for grabs. The week of the draft I will provide an online inventory spreadsheet with lot numbers individually identified, and it will be instantly updated with who picked what throughout the draft process. Example: here's the inventory from the last draft.
-Once the draft has started, the first participant will select a Lot # from the provided inventory, then the second participant, and so on, until we get to the end of the list. Then we work our way back up the list from bottom to top. Then top to bottom. And so on. This is the serpentine method, and so far has been the popular method for our drafts.
-At the conclusion of the draft, FBTB will package and ship out the chosen parts to their rightful owners, who will congratulate FBTB on a job well done and will immediately clamor for the next draft.
-No whining. There's a fine line between making helpful suggestions and complaining.

Confirmed Participants:
_001_molrak
_002_noahtom
_003_jennnifer
_004_twbooth
_005_azoreg
_006_Nannan
_007_murphquake
_008_buriedbybricks
_009_thegremlin
_010_JD4M

Standby List:
-dawookieewarrior *declined*
-SirBasilAshton *declined*
-JD4M *confirmed*
-MrAnderson
Chief

Postby murphquake » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:17 am

I'm very looking forward to this one, last round was great! It's prompted me to grab a copy of the AA or two, as I already have a couple BHAGs. Lots of great parts in both sets should make everyone happy :-)
murphquake

Postby azoreg » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:25 am

I'm confused... does registration open at noon or 4pm? Previously you said 4pm, but the blog post today says noon.
azoreg

Postby Chief » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:45 am

The blog post said 4 and noon, I got it wrong within the same post. It's 4 pm PST this afternoon, which is a departure from our usual noon registration time. Just shaking things up a bit.

I've edited the news post. Sorry for the confusion!

I also added the rules and gameplan info here. Please note that I gave one Potential slot to someone who gave me more than 24 hours advance notice that they would not be able to participate in the last draft. If we decide that draft order will be determined by payment order (and I'm not saying that it will be) this person still has a balance to pay and will be held to the same rules regarding participation as the other 9 participants. It pays to be polite, and it doesn't hurt to ask. I will not grant this privilege to chronic cancellations.
Chief

Postby kjklock » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:00 pm

C-C-C-COMBO!
kjklock

Postby twbooth » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:00 pm

C-C-C-COMBO!
twbooth

Postby murphquake » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:01 pm

C-C-C-COMBO!
murphquake

Postby thegremlin » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:02 pm

“C-C-C-COMBO!” ... thegremlin and son are looking forward to it
thegremlin

Postby azoreg » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:43 pm

C-C-C-COMBO!
azoreg

Postby molrak » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:44 pm

C-C-C-COMBO!

Looking forward to my first internets drafts. We can do this on the facesbooks too, right? (I'm joking! :D )
molrak

Postby murphquake » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:40 pm

And I thought I was quick :-) had to log in again as I'm using bluetooth blackberry bridge not mobile hotshot (yeah I'm cool like that, just slow :-)

Looks like a lot of the same team as last round so far, which is good, cuz everyone was superrad!

All this BHAG talk made me go open my 2nd copy, build it then part it out, been doing a bit of sorting ;-)

http://flic.kr/p/ddPTBc
murphquake

Postby dawookieewarrior » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:17 pm

This sounds interesting but I think I am not allowed since I just joined. I have lurked on the site for a long time may have had an account here at one point but I forget.

If allowed I would definitely do the C-C-C-COMBO it would be fun for my son and I to do.
dawookieewarrior

Postby Nannan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:44 pm

C-C-C-COMBO!
Nannan

Postby noahtom » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:48 pm

C-C-C-COMBO!
noahtom

Postby jennnifer » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:30 pm

C-C-C-COMBO!

Thanks!
Jen
jennnifer

Postby Chief » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:53 pm

dawookiewarrior: the rules for the last few drafts have been that you can sign up if you joined the forum before registration day, but I will put you on the standby list. We have still more drafts lined up, so I look forward to your participation soon!
Chief

Postby Chief » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:16 pm

Draft payment instructions have gone out to everyone. :)

This draft's order will not be determined by the order payment is received. The order will be drawn randomly, more details to come.

I'll begin sorting the sets after all payments have been received!
Chief

Next

Return to Community Features