Still plugging away. Oddly enough, I seem to have fallen into starting at the extremities and working my way in. I've got hands, feet, and most of a head, with the beginnings of arms and legs (as well as a chest plate of sorts that I'm quite happy with...provided I can figure out the best way to integrate THAT). Still I'm developing a cautious optimism that I might actually finish this thing some day.
Biggest problem now is turning out to be figuring out how to attach all this stuff and make it at least moderately poseable. Connections are tough. Kind of makes me wish maybe I had bought more technic or Bionicle-type sets in the past.
Arming this thing is going to be another challenge. I feel like armaments look better the more INTEGRATED they look, but I've got no real ideas on that score.
Sadly, it turns out the timing is bad for me personally. Apparently I'm going to be working pretty much double shifts at work (including Saturdays) up until just about election day.