Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars January 2013 Set List Revealed

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: LEGO Star Wars January 2013 Set List Revealed

Postby Rook » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:29 am

I'm curious how they're going to do the Asteroid Field. It could be a complete success or fantastic failure knowing TLG.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Inzane » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Rook wrote:I'm curious how they're going to do the Asteroid Field.

My guess, site unseen, is it's going to be a transparent clear ball with some kind of decals or printing indicating some asteroid formations.
Inzane

Postby daevster » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:32 pm

Thanks for the list! For the most part, not too familiar with some of these things, but it doesn't mean I'm not excited!
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/83288
http://www.youtube.com/user/daevster

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome..." -Walter Elias Disney
daevster

Postby Darth Jokar » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Any pictures available yet?
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby DarthBuilder » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:34 am

Inzane wrote:
Rook wrote:I'm curious how they're going to do the Asteroid Field.

My guess, site unseen, is it's going to be a transparent clear ball with some kind of decals or printing indicating some asteroid formations.

:shock: I want to have more faith in TLG but Inzane is thinking along the same lines as me. I had envisioned a black sphere with small brown dots scattered across the middle.
DarthBuilder

Postby Ibiscribe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:11 am

I expect a transparent sphere with LEGO boulders, perhaps with a "pitted texture", inside... or maybe just the LEGO boulders without the sphere? They might make decent asteroids given the scale of the ships.
Ibiscribe

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Who said anything about it being an asteroid FIELD? I believe Ace just left an "L" out of filled and wrote filed. You know it will either be a sphere painted like the asteroid the Falcon hid in or (fingers crossed) a molded asteroid similar to the Death Moon... I mean Star.
buriedbybricks

Postby Ibiscribe » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:46 am

So that would mean... "Asteroid Filled w/ Tie Bomber and Tie Pilot"?

Not sure I got that right, but I assumed 'Field' was the correct interpretation given how frequently E's and L's get swapped when people type. Logically I know it probably will just be a sphere as convention dictates. If it is, perhaps I'll have to construct an asteroid fiELd myself. :p
Ibiscribe

Postby Brickweiser » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Some rumours of series 4 of the planet series:

Endor & B-Wing with Pilot
Hoth & Snowspeeder with ??
Alderaan & Tantive IV with Rebel Trooper

Odd to have Endor again, unless it was the planet and not the moon itself ...
Brickweiser

Postby Blue Squadron » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:18 am

Ibiscribe wrote:So that would mean... "Asteroid Filled w/ Tie Bomber and Tie Pilot"?

Not sure I got that right, but I assumed 'Field' was the correct interpretation given how frequently E's and L's get swapped when people type. Logically I know it probably will just be a sphere as convention dictates. If it is, perhaps I'll have to construct an asteroid fiELd myself. :p

I also read this as "asteroid FIELD" -- and I'm pretty sure that's what I had read elsewhere too.

A black version of the large two-part planet "sphere" printed with a number of asteroids would be one possibility. The other thing that occurred to me was that they could use a number of the smaller two-part "boulder" pieces (previously used in things in sets like the Power Miners series), supported on transparent stands.

I'm curious to see what Lego actually come up with for this.

On another note, let's hope they also get around to making an updated minifig-scale version of the TIE-bomber in the new black/grey colour scheme. What would be nice would be to include the option to convert the bomber pod to the alternative passenger shuttle pod. :D
Blue Squadron

Postby Ibiscribe » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:21 am

Blue Squadron wrote:The other thing that occurred to me was that they could use a number of the smaller two-part "boulder" pieces (previously used in things in sets like the Power Miners series), supported on transparent stands.

That's what I was envisioning initially, yes. If they don't make it, I think I'll have to, but it would be nicer if they did it and gave us some nice asteroid-textured boulders. ;)
Ibiscribe

Postby Robzula » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:15 pm

It may be called "Asteroid Field," but I still think it will just be that one, single giant asteroid the Falcon hid in that the TIE Bombers were seen... bombing... Whether that means we'll just get a smooth, round sphere with printed craters on it, or (please please please) a textured, possibly oblong asteroid is all that remains to be seen in my book.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby Ibiscribe » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:02 pm

But then it would just be an asteroid, no field whatsoever. Unless they draw some tiny farm plots on it or something. :p
Ibiscribe

Postby DarthBuilder » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:17 am

Over at hothbricks.com they have pics of the planet series 3 and 4. You can see the preliminary image stamp but all you can see is a black sphere. Hoping its not just some brown paint splatter on a black sphere.

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 2F&act=url
DarthBuilder

Postby sparkart » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:03 pm

The upside is that the black sphere with a bunch of brown paint splatters can also be Alderaan.
sparkart

Postby DarthBuilder » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:22 pm

sparkart wrote:The upside is that the black sphere with a bunch of brown paint splatters can also be Alderaan.

Well folks consider this set renamed to Alderaan from here on out. Well done sparkart.
DarthBuilder

Postby Morgan19 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:44 am

For better or worse, "splattered" looks like exactly what it is; here's the close-up shot:

m19
Morgan19

Postby Mister Ed » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:30 am

Wow, is that lame. Probably skip that one. The mini isn't a big enough improvement on the old version to tempt me, not unless I saw it on some kind of SUPER clearance.
Mister Ed

Postby Draykov » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:31 am

A bunch of new stuff has made its way up to Bricklink, including the Series 4 planets:

ImageImageImage
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby BrickDeth1123 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:44 pm

I'm really liking the new A-wing, and the CW AT-RT isn't half bad. The Z-95 I was really looking forward to, but after finally seeing it, I'm not so sure I like it. I'm just used to the more traditional version, and was expecting something more along those lines.

Also, I could be wrong here but I don't think I've ever seen so many original themes in one year alone. Legend of Chima (looks interesting), the continuation of the Ninjago theme, the bug/space theme, and apparently a new Western theme as well. It's going to be a big year.
BrickDeth1123

PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars