Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Zombie Spider Man Mecha build

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

LEGO Zombie Spider Man Mecha build

Postby sparesoul » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:24 pm

Hey everybody, I've been visiting FBTB, MOC pages, and my home away from home Brothers Brick for years now. This contest is my first ever and I am more excited to be able to introduce myself and build paradigm with this than anything else. My favorite builder I must admit has been Nannan and I hope he sees this build and finds it funky because his builds are what pulled me back into the brick arts. I'm not thinking that I'm here to dominate, just participate and hope to make friends with all of you who I've admired for a while now. I'll work on improving my photography later lol. Thanks and can't wait to see the builds this community conjures!
sparesoul
http://www.flickr.com/photos/47849585@N ... 451353390/
sparesoul

Re: LEGO Zombie Spider Man Mecha build

Postby sparesoul » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:39 pm

Yeah... replying to myself... so what? lol... okay so updating my progress just in case you want to see what I am up to. Lego Spidey Zombie update and a little personal background as well. Basically I decided at some point to make my build near impossible by adding stability to minute detail. Transparent cockpit dome ( in the cranium no less ) CHECK! This one is for the Transparent Aluminum Crew in forums... marshmallows people... underwear.. come on...
sparesoul

Postby sparesoul » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:26 am

Combat... Now I have been suspending the build for a day and giving this some thought. Having been in the Marine Corps infantry I know a bit about this subject lol. The basic mission for this is to locate, close with, and destroy the enemy. Spider Man isn't really a destructive character as far as missiles and guns, zombies aren't really distance based attackers either... so how do I get this mecha to hold these ideas in place?
So I turned to my favorite mecha inspiration for help... the always terribly acted and horribly scripted..yet jaw droppingly animated Transformers movies! From this I found what I need to do is make this build even more complicated than it already was in the first place... The weapons will transform out of his body. Fun, right?
That being said, what will these weapons be? This came to me while sitting on the floor in a pool of elements playing Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 on my phone lol. Capture weapons.
This gives me Spidey's abilities to stay intact with the build and also opens up what I needed for a zombie weapon as well, the two things that make zombies dangerous. The bite aaannnndddd... drum roll please... the ability to INFECT whatever it may come up against. So some sort of virus planting weapon and I'm thinking maybe having the jaws not only open but dislocate and a nice little device for getting that bit done... uhhhhh..
This might require a trip to the store for some new elements... any thoughts?
sparesoul

Postby sparesoul » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:13 am

Further into the build and i have started the legs, this is proving to be an even bigger challenge than i thought it would be. The idea here will be to have the legs skeletonized at two different points, one leg at the hip and shin.... the other leg skeletonized mid thigh to upper shin. All this and bbbrrraaaiiinnnnssss too!
sparesoul

Postby sparesoul » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:14 am

sparesoul

Postby jackal76 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:01 am

Good luck brother, looks like it is gonna be an epic undertaking. I stick to the 1 foot or smaller scale for stability and poseability.
jackal76

Postby sparkart » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Okay, now I'm seeing it. What a beast!
sparkart

Postby sparesoul » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:11 am

Just finished reconstructing both legs, today I start adding the mechanical effects. A very large build, I actually stopped working on it altogether because of my current late night addiction ( Borderlands 2 ), but not to worry, I am back to the task all this week!
sparesoul

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase