Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10227 B-wing Starfighter Time Lapse Video

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

10227 B-wing Starfighter Time Lapse Video

Postby Staff » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:43 am

LEGO was kind enough to send me a copy of this set to do an early review on. I took this as an opportunity to do a time lapse video showing the build process. Anyways, look for our full review this coming Monday. 10227 B-wing Starfighter will be available at LEGO Shop@Home starting October 1.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/09/14/10227-b-wing-starfighter-time-lapse-video/
Staff

Re: 10227 B-wing Starfighter Time Lapse Video

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:58 am

Good thing I watched the video til the very end. I was about to ask "How long did it take you?"

I like the little helper in the beginning. She must have loved that. :) Was there a step you missed? Saw you flipping the pages back. Oh, and the first step is a "2x" process building both sides?
Gooker1

Postby onions » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:08 am

i don't know how you caught that cause after watching the video, even i can't tell when that happens though i'm pretty sure i know what you're talking about. when it got around to doing bag #6, i had accidentally opened up both #6 and #9, so i shoved all the #9 pieces to the side. there was one stray part that i couldn't tell which bag it came from so hence me flipping back making sure i didn't miss it from bag #6.

and yes, the first step is the hull which is a 2x build, two halves of the hull that you sandwich together. thank god they tell you that up front now. i think it was the ucs death star II where you built a big section only to find out at the very end you're supposed to build two of those.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:27 am

LOL - It was around the 2:20 mark when it begins, and then you start flipping the pages the other way. I like watching the time lapse builds. Haha.

That's what I thought, but at first I thought the time lapse was so fast, the parts you were working kept jumping from side to side. It's still early for me.
Gooker1

Postby DarthBuilder » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:45 am

Great video and looking forward to the review. I laughed hard at around the 2:20 mark as well I have definatly had that moment. Wait...what...the.....
DarthBuilder

Postby sparkart » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:15 am

Interesting, good elements in the presentation, the cute girl, the journey that leads to a satisfying conclusion...but it could've used a little more drama. Like, when the builder flips back into the book, it would've been nice to see fists or head pounding on the table, and then the push of disgust, when you shove everything away, get up, and walk out. What? Is it just me? That does that?
sparkart

Postby Ibiscribe » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:17 am

How much does your assistant charge per hour? ;)
Great video. It's definitely a cool looking model, and despite all the tiny pieces you looked like you breezed through it pretty quickly.
Ibiscribe

Postby bartosza6m » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:59 am

Gooker1 wrote:Good thing I watched the video til the very end. I was about to ask "How long did it take you?"

I like the little helper in the beginning. She must have loved that. :) Was there a step you missed? Saw you flipping the pages back. Oh, and the first step is a "2x" process building both sides?

I watched the video and I was going to write exactly the same
starting with cute little helper, than about step missed...
seriously, our brains are funny... I hope that no one will do the same mech for the contest before I do :lol:
bartosza6m

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:18 pm

Gooker1 wrote:I like the little helper in the beginning.

I came on here to comment that the little helper was my fave part of the video too.

Really excited about picking this set up now. Shame it doesn't come with a B-wing pilot (although I know opinions are divided on that - hell if the planets come with figures for the micro scale vehicles, and the UCS SSD also does, I'm sure they could have included a pilot for a slightly off-scale B-wing).
Brainslugged

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:39 pm

bartosza6m wrote:I watched the video and I was going to write exactly the same
starting with cute little helper, than about step missed...
seriously, our brains are funny... I hope that no one will do the same mech for the contest before I do :lol:

Ha! - you're safe. No mech for me. ;)

Brainslugged wrote:Really excited about picking this set up now. Shame it doesn't come with a B-wing pilot (although I know opinions are divided on that - hell if the planets come with figures for the micro scale vehicles, and the UCS SSD also does, I'm sure they could have included a pilot for a slightly off-scale B-wing).

I hear ya about the minifig!! I was hoping for a minifig too!
Gooker1

Postby Andi » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:38 am

Is that Leia who helps you at the beginning? Wow, she's a big girl already :-)
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby Robzula » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:06 am

sparkart wrote:Like, when the builder flips back into the book, it would've been nice to see fists or head pounding on the table, and then the push of disgust, when you shove everything away, get up, and walk out. What? Is it just me? That does that?

Then staring wistfully out a window, walking down some train tracks, riding a bike with seemingly meaningful music playing... Yeah, definitely needs more of that.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby bacon1986 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:49 am

So, when's the review coming out again? I'm interested to read your take on the newest UCS set.
Want to know how much your LEGO investment is worth?
Visit BrickPicker.com: LEGO Price and Investing Guide
bacon1986

Return to Star Wars