Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

TRU [USA] 30% off Lego Star Wars

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

TRU [USA] 30% off Lego Star Wars

Postby JamesBenjamin » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:31 am

Just got an email from TRU with a "30% off Lego Star Wars" link in it, when you click through most sets appear to be 10 or 15% off, but the link says "use promo code 955146" to get the discount.

I tried adding a few things to my cart to test it, but for some reason the "enter promo code" field wont open on my work computer, or my iphone. So I can't check again till I'm off work tonight, but if someone else wants to run the sets through a fake checkout to confirm the discounts, feel free.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Re: TRU [USA] 30% off Lego Star Wars

Postby bacon1986 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:52 am

I tried to enter the promo code as well and it wouldn't open for me either. I wonder if it's a software bug on their end.
Want to know how much your LEGO investment is worth?
Visit BrickPicker.com: LEGO Price and Investing Guide
bacon1986

Postby DarthBuilder » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:11 am

I can't find a "SELECT" SW LEGO set anywhere. Add different items three times and applied the code and get the status of "not applied" even though the code does describe 30% OFF SELECT LEGO Star Wars Construction Sets. No matter the items or payment method does not seem to work.

EDIT: AHA, Wow the deal is LAME. Works only on 4 items! They are Items marked "SAVE with promo code at checkout!**". Which means All Series 1 Planet sets (3) and the Geonosian Cannon 9491 are applicable. LAME. So at least there are some sets marked down, 10188 Death Star is down $40 and 10221 SSD is also down $40. If your interested in dropping some still serious coin.

EDIT: Site must still be updating cause as mentioned below By ufjason, Hoth base and Y wing are now applicable. Deal not so lame now. Code worked at fake checkout for Hoth Base.
Last edited by DarthBuilder on Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:11 am, edited 4 times in total.
DarthBuilder

Postby ufjason » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:34 am

Lego is excluded from the 15% off. It's "up to" 30% off so not all sets will be 30% off. I can't even get the coupon code to apply, seems their system hasn't gone live with the code yet.

I've got the same problem on firefox, ie and chrome. The javascript for entering the promo code is dead. Can't enter the promo code...

The coupon seems to apply to the hoth echo base, genosian cannon, y wing and elite clone trooper battle pack. I didn't mention the mini since it's no deal.

eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby JamesBenjamin » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:34 am

So it ends up being about 25% off those two larger sets, and that's the only good deal. They had the battle packs on sale for $9.99 last week, I went ahead and picked up 2 of the Endor one, as they're likely not going to clearance out anywhere.

I might pick up the y-wing at this price ($38.50 if my calculations are correct) but I'd need to pop something else on there for free shipping...
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby emmtwosix » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:06 am

Just checked this deal out and it looks like it would be a good time to pick up Hoth Echo Base if one were so inclined.

Oh, and I noticed the SSD, Death Star, and Imperial Shuttle are all on sale as well at $359.99, $359.99, and $233.99, respectively. Could be the last chance to pick up one or any of these on sale.
emmtwosix

Postby ufjason » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:47 am

So strange, went to finally checkout some hoth echo bases and noticed all of the SW sets that qualify for the 30% off have dropped down to retail price. Hoth is 89.99, ywing is 49.99, genosian cannon is 19.99 and the battle pack is 12.99. Even better deal now!
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby bacon1986 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:56 am

Ok, I finally figured out how to apply the savings code. I guess in bypassing the regular checkout process and just signing in, I skipped the normal payments page which has a working box for entering the promotion code. To get back to that page just click on "select another method of payment." Then the box for the promotion code will work. Make sure you click "Apply." Very nice getting the first series planets for only $7!
bacon1986

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:37 am

ufjason wrote:So strange, went to finally checkout some hoth echo bases and noticed all of the SW sets that qualify for the 30% off have dropped down to retail price. Hoth is 89.99, ywing is 49.99, genosian cannon is 19.99 and the battle pack is 12.99. Even better deal now!

Yup!!! I bit and bought the y-wing and echo base. LOL
Gooker1

Postby bacon1986 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:03 am

Went to TRU yesterday and got an even better deal than I thought I would. The coupon for 30% off those select items worked, and they adjusted the prices in the store to be the same as their website, AND it was buy 2 get 3rd free at least on the Y-Wing and the Planets series 1. So, I was able to get the three Series 1 planets and the Y-Wing for $48.97! I don't know if this was a glitch at my store, or if it is chain wide, but I thought I'd share.
bacon1986

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:51 am

Thanks for the heads up. MIght have to give that a shot tonight!
Gooker1

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:17 am

I decided to just get the y-wing, but found another way around the in-store markup: do a "pick up in store" when you buy. No shipping, so long as they have it in stock. I ordered this morning and will be picking up this afternoon.

Good call on the planet sets, I may have to try that.
JamesBenjamin

Postby ufjason » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:51 am

JamesBenjamin wrote:I decided to just get the y-wing, but found another way around the in-store markup: do a "pick up in store" when you buy. No shipping, so long as they have it in stock. I ordered this morning and will be picking up this afternoon.

Good call on the planet sets, I may have to try that.

I've got shop runner so it's better than spending time and gas. I think the hoth set is going to discontinue this fall season.
ufjason

Postby onions » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:10 pm

bacon1986 wrote:Went to TRU yesterday and got an even better deal than I thought I would. The coupon for 30% off those select items worked, and they adjusted the prices in the store to be the same as their website, AND it was buy 2 get 3rd free at least on the Y-Wing and the Planets series 1. So, I was able to get the three Series 1 planets and the Y-Wing for $48.97! I don't know if this was a glitch at my store, or if it is chain wide, but I thought I'd share.

pic of the receipt or i call shenanigans.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby naugem » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:19 pm

Went yesterday to a store and they told me they could either price match the website or apply the coupon, but not both, so I left, put the order in the website to pick up in store, and went there today to get the Y-Wing and 2 battlepacks.
naugem

Postby bacon1986 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:22 am

naugem wrote:Went yesterday to a store and they told me they could either price match the website or apply the coupon, but not both, so I left, put the order in the website to pick up in store, and went there today to get the Y-Wing and 2 battlepacks.

The cashier I had also said that, but then called over a manager to override the system. They were very agreeable and the cashier even asked me to review the receipt as soon as it was printed to verify the prices were correct.

onions wrote:pic of the receipt or i call shenanigans.

Ace, check out the receipt below.
IMAG0112 by Sizzle1986, on Flickr
bacon1986

Postby onions » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:21 am

holy crap that's a nice deal you got. i checked out tru last night and they were not offering the b2g1 deal unless the cashier i spoke to didn't know what the heck she was doing.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:53 am

That's a sick deal. I wonder if it just pops up once they start ringing it through the register.
Gooker1

Postby bacon1986 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:57 am

Gooker1 wrote:That's a sick deal. I wonder if it just pops up once they start ringing it through the register.

Yea it did. I also noticed it on one of the Price Scanners in the store when I checked the price of the Y-Wing.
bacon1986

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:00 am

bacon1986 wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:That's a sick deal. I wonder if it just pops up once they start ringing it through the register.

Yea it did. I also noticed it on one of the Price Scanners in the store when I checked the price of the Y-Wing.

I'll try that tonight then. Or it coould be a Pittsburgh thing. haha.
Gooker1

Next

Return to Finds/Deals