Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego Star Wars - The TV Series

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Lego Star Wars - The TV Series

Postby Staff » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:08 pm

http://youtu.be/xOOrswePUOY

If this video preview for the Cartoon Network is to be believed a new Star Wars Lego TV series is coming to our screens very soon.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/09/11/lego-star-wars-the-tv-series/
Staff

Re: Lego Star Wars - The TV Series

Postby Robzula » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:59 pm

Awesome!

edit: Got me all excited that Transformers Prime was coming to a station that doesn't require extended channels before I realized the UK (as I'm guessing was the origin of this clip due to the accent) must not have The Hub...
Last edited by Robzula on Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:09 pm

This COULD be another one-shot like The Padawan Menace, but until we learn otherwise I will remain cautiously optimistic.
buriedbybricks

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:13 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:This COULD be another one-shot like The Padawan Menace, but until we learn otherwise I will remain cautiously optimistic.

Even if this is a one off, AWESOME!!!! I'm super excited as I thoroughly enjoyed the Padawan Menace. Classic. Can't wait to hear more news about this!!

Awesome Autumn here we come!!!
Gooker1

Postby Walter Boy » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:10 pm

It showed Darth Maul, Darth Vader, and Luke Skywalker. I think it might be a new TV show.

I am hoping more for a special however. A TV show would mean a stretched out budget and production quality. I doubt each episode could match the quality seen in Padawan Menace.
Walter Boy

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:50 pm

Vader was in the last one too, so that's no real indication.

If it's a special, great! Might mean a new exclusive when the DVD comes out.

If it's a series, great! I've no worry regarding the quality in a long term show as they've done a good job on the Ninjago show balancing a satisfactory visual with the fun/cheesy writing.

A one-shot would be OK, but a new series to replace and dare I say improve on, would be a hit in my household.

Fingers crossed.
buriedbybricks

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:51 pm

My money is on a series, or at least a mini-series. The animation quality wasn't nearly on par with The Padawan Menace.
The_Chosen_1

Postby Marty » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:15 am

Even if the story is half way good, as a TV series this is going to do for Lego what the iphone did for Apple, sell heaps.
I think it shouldn't all be about SW though, as Batman / superheros, Monsters & mini figure series would also help them out.
I look forward to seeing this, Marty
Marty

Postby Walter Boy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:20 am

buriedbybricks wrote:Vader was in the last one too, so that's no real indication.

Luke Skywalker wasn't in Padawan Menace. My mention of him in the last post is the main reason I think it will be a TV show. :|
Walter Boy

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:58 am

I've yet to see the commercial on TV, but since it looks like the commercial was filmed off someone's tv there's still a chance the new show could look as good as the Padawan Menace.
Gooker1

Postby CaptainFordo » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:27 am

It might be a shorts show, like Star Wars Detours or whatever that CGI Seth Green show is called.
CaptainFordo

Postby dathomir » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:17 pm

I think it's been confirmed that it's a once off special like the Padawan Menace.
dathomir

Postby WillyWampa » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Who knows?? Maybe it will be a Christmas special! ;)
WillyWampa

Postby Gooker1 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:52 pm

dathomir wrote:I think it's been confirmed that it's a once off special like the Padawan Menace.

I sure hope not, but I'll still take it if it's a one off. But bring on a series!!! :)
Gooker1

Postby sidersdd » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:13 am

Confirmed by Padawan Menace writer Michael Price. A new LEGO Star Wars show - The Empire Strikes Out. Cartoon Network, Sep. 26th, 8pm.
http://lightsaberrattling.blogspot.com/ ... mpire.html
sidersdd

Postby Rook » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:11 am

Love it! I'm always up for some laughs.
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby mrfootball » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Already set my DVR? Will the blueray DVD be out before Christmas? Anyone care to speculate if their will be a special minifg?
mrfootball

Postby TooMuchDew » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:01 am

from Cartoon Network press release:

"LEGO Star Wars(TM): The Empire Strikes Out" Blasts Onto Cartoon Network

30-Minute LEGO Special Premieres Wednesday, September 26 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT

Get your lightsabers ready because a brand new LEGO Star Wars special is coming to Cartoon Network. Your favorites are back and even though it's just moments after the Death Star has exploded, Luke, Leia, Han, Chewbacca and the rest of the Rebel Alliance's heroes have no time to rest on their laurels.

In LEGO Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Out, premiering Wednesday, September 26 at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT), a new Imperial threat has been detected and the good guys have to nip it in the bud. But Jedi-in-training Luke discovers that instant fame as a "Death-Star-Blower-Upper" can be a double-edged lightsaber, as his secret mission to Naboo is thwarted by those most unstoppable of foes -crazed fans!! Meanwhile, Darth Vader sees his day go from bad to worse when his relationship with the Emperor is imperiled by the unexpected arrival of Darth Maul. Luke and Vader's quests to prove themselves lead them on a collision course with each other (literally) and their destiny. Tune in for the action, suspense and comedy on September 26 at 8:00 p.m. (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network.

The first 30-minute LEGO Star Wars special, LEGO Star Wars: The Padawan Menace which aired on Cartoon Network last summer, was a major fan favorite ranking as the #1 telecast of the week on all TV with boys 6-11, in addition to #1 for the day with all key boy demos.

Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com) is the #1 U.S. television network among boys 6-11. Currently seen in 99 million U.S. homes and 178 countries around the world, Cartoon Network is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.'s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic entertainment for kids and families. In addition to Emmy-winning original programming and industry-leading digital apps and online games, Cartoon Network embraces key social issues affecting families with solution-oriented initiatives such as Stop Bullying: Speak Up and the Move It Movement.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.

LEGO, the LEGO logo, and the MiniFigure are trademarks of and (C) The LEGO Group. All Rights Reserved.

STAR WARS(TM) and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & (C) Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

RATING PERIOD: 07/22/11

SOURCE: Nielsen Media Research based on Live+7 blended with Live+ SD most current data. Rankers based on Live+SD.

NOTES: All ratings based on Total U.S. Television Universe of 115,000,000 homes.
TooMuchDew

Postby onions » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 am

just curious where you found that press release
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:03 pm

onions
Founder
Founder