Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Update on Avengers Collection

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Update on Avengers Collection

Postby Staff » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Amazon posted the following on the pre-order page for the Avengers 10-disc Blu-ray collection, and the news is not good:

ITEM UPDATE: The "Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One--Avengers Assembled Collection" will not be released by Marvel as we originally expected. We know this delay is disappointing, and we're sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Marvel is planning to offer a similar collection in new packaging. The new collection will include the original titles offered with the first version of the item, and we expect it will be available in the spring of 2013. Additional information will be available on our website and via email when available.

Spring 2013 is a long time to wait. I was hoping Disney would do what Pixar did when they released the Luxo Jr. lamp and just come to a settlement. It could be that the luggage company's demands were too high so I can't blame the big D entirely. They're going to miss the holiday sales rush though, and that can't be good for the bottom line. Maybe they'll release the movie back in theaters again to make up for it. Who knows...

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/09/06/update-on-avengers-collection/
Staff

Re: Update on Avengers Collection

Postby Firespray » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:07 pm

GORRAMIT.
Firespray

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:25 pm

So... No badass briefcase with Tesseract? :'( This was the first box set I was really excited for, but my nerdy dreams of walking around with Nick Fury's briefcase have been shattered. If they don't come up with an equally awesome alternative (which I doubt they will) it wont be worth the price for me...
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby JamesBenjamin » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:08 am

Yeah, I'm annoyed. So long as the Tesseract is still in the set, I'll be ok. But they have to make up for the case not being there with something better *OR* drop the price.

Plus it'd be nice to get a 1st run poster or something for those of us who pre-ordered and now have to wait.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:54 am

I need to contact disney as I placed a pre-order for this at comic con. :(

Update: So I contacted Disney through "Avengersassemble.com" and voiced my concern about my pre-order. None of the sales people knew that it was even postponed. They had to bring a manager onto the call, and he just knows that it's postponed and that people who preordered are going to get a letter in the mail stating the delay.

I'm probably going to cancel my order as Amazon had it cheaper, and I also found out the charge at comic-con was just a temporary hold, so basically I got the comic con edition poster for free. Pretty cool!
Gooker1

Postby Avenged110 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:43 pm

Wow partially glad now that I just went for the individual movies. Already preordered the 4-disc pack of Avengers :D
Avenged110

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Slight update:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/08/ ... et-delayed

More stuff will be added, apparently. And it'll be in a different briefcase.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Postby onions » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:08 pm

maybe they'll include digital copies of the movies.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby JamesBenjamin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:16 am

Just got an email from Amazon:

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

We're writing to let you know that the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One-Avengers Assembled Collection will not be released by Marvel as originally expected. Instead, Marvel is planning to offer a similar collection in new packaging. The new collection will include the original titles offered with the first version of the item, and is expected to be available in the spring of 2013. To make this easy for you, we updated your order for the original collection and will ship the new collection when it becomes available. The price of the new collection will be the same as the original collection.

To show our appreciation for your understanding, we are providing you with a promo code to receive a free copy of Marvel's The Avengers (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging). To be eligible, you must have placed your order between June 1, 2012 and August 28, 2012. Any cancelled orders are not eligible to receive the free copy. Codes must be redeemed by October 15, 2012.

I just had to add an HDMI cable to bounce me above $25 and I've got my free Avengers Blu Ray coming. All in all, not too bad of a trade off.
JamesBenjamin

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:46 am

Nice on Amazon to do that. Makes me wish I had preordered from there too.

I wonder if other companies might do something to appease people. What a snafu. :(
Gooker1

Postby JamesBenjamin » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:36 am

Another update on this set, the release date is official (April 2nd) and they have the old picture back up. Presumably either they reached an agreement with the original case's manufacturer or the new case is close enough that they thought they could get away with using the old pictures.
JamesBenjamin

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:52 pm

Actually, it's not the same image. The briefcase is different as you can tell by comparing the image at the top of this page with the one on Amazon. It doesn't have the grooved pattern anymore and instead has a sort of X-shape on the lid. Oh well, at least it still comes in a brief case, and the fact that it comes with a preview of Iron Man 3 and the other Phase Two movies makes up for the delay and change in my opinion!
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby JamesBenjamin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:35 am

Oh, good call! Still, close enough for me. Had they used this case initially I probly wouldn't have even noticed that it wasn't the one in the film at all.
JamesBenjamin

Return to Licensed Themes