Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Secret Crisis - Day 3

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Secret Crisis - Day 3

Postby Staff » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:39 pm

Secret Crisis - Day 3

JUST outside of sector 2814, Superman and the Silver Surfer are flying into deep space to search for the object. Their task is to make contact and attempt to analyze it, assessing the potential threat. Chosen for their strengths, the duo have already pushed themselves to reach the object quickly and are already feeling its effects as they approach it.

"We're getting closer now, Norrin. I can just make it out at the edge of my vision," Superman said, utilizing the Silver Surfers telepathic link as he strains to see the object in the extreme distance. "The sooner we get there, the sooner we can get this over with and head back."

"I know. I have been able to sense it for some time now, its power is growing the closer we get," The Silver Surfer said flatly as the two accelerated to reach the object sooner. "I hope your confidence in our success is not misplaced, Superman."

"Trust me, Norrin. I'm not that confident, just optimistic and I've asked you to call me Clark. It's not like anyone is listening out here." Superman said as he glanced at the Surfer with a smirk.

"You would be surprised… Clark," The Surfer said as the two slowed down.

The object was now close enough to see with without enhanced vision. Its glow had grown since the scans they had viewed before they left Earth on their assignment and it had been picking up speed as well, until now. As they came to a complete stop they could observe the object had actually begun to slow down itself. As the two crept closer to the energy barrier they prepared themselves to breach it and make contact with the object.

"Even now it grows in strength, Clark," The Surfer said with concern. "We should hurry, are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be. I have a bad feeling about this, but let's get to it," Superman replied as he reached his arms out to breach the barrier.

When the two heroes passed through the outer edge of the barrier, the energy began to spread and engulf them, pulling them in more quickly as the barrier expanded. As the strange radiation engulfs them they begin to feel themselves weakening. Superman looks towards Silver Surfer for assistance, but with his powers being drained, he can no longer hold his breath against the vacuum of space. As he grasps at his throat, he sees the Surfer has already lost not only consciousness, but contact with his board. As the Surfer slumps forward and drifts further into the energy field, Superman's eyes close and his body begins to go limp.

At that moment, rings of light began to form around the two heroes. They glowed with mystical symbols that moved swiftly, rotating around them in multiple directions and pulling the heroes out of the energy barrier. As they breached the field, the rings pulled them quickly towards a huge glowing portal that had formed in the shape of an Egyptian ankh. As soon as they had disappeared, the portal closed to a single point of light and quickly blinked out. After a moment, the object began to move again, more quickly this time as it grew and sped towards its earthly destination.

BACK in Earth's orbit on board the Watchtower, Doctor Fate closes his portal and nearly collapses himself. As Superman and the Silver Surfer are tended to by other heroes, Doctor Strange is discussing the situation with the Martian Manhunter.

"We were barely able to pull them through in time, J'onn. We were very lucky this back-up plan worked," Stephen Strange said as he slumped down in a nearby chair. "Even through the portal it was able to drain our powers and although they'll recover fully, Superman and the Surfer will be out of commission for some time. I just don't know what we're going to do when it finally gets here," he finished, cradling his face in his hands.

J'onn J'onzz stood looking at his friends as they were being carried to the Watchtower's infirmary on stretchers. Their attempt to make contact and deal with the threat had failed and he now felt their options were quickly running out. He turned and looked out a window at the earth below, sighed and spoke softly to the sorcerer supreme.

"If might and magic are of no use against this threat, where do we go from here?"

TO BE CONTINUED…

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/09/02/secret-crisis-day-3/
Staff

Re: Secret Crisis - Day 3

Postby AddictedToStyrene » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:46 am

Super cool! Have Superman and Silver Surfer ever crossed over in print comics?

Keep the story coming - it's great!
Last edited by AddictedToStyrene on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
AddictedToStyrene

Postby Ultron32 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:35 am

AddictedToStyrene wrote:Have Superman and Silver Surfer ever crossed over in print comics?
no, they haven't. (one is marvel one is DC)

also: that's not the silver surfer! that's TC-14!

and Dr.strange cradling his face in his hands? that would never happen!

anyway, VERY cool story line so far, I look forward to the rest.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 am

Ultron32 wrote:
AddictedToStyrene wrote:Have Superman and Silver Surfer ever crossed over in print comics?
no, they haven't. (one is marvel one is DC)

I think he knows that, since he made a point to say crossed over. In any case...

also this...

Not that they have any bearing on the LEGO universe.

Ultron32 wrote:and Dr.strange cradling his face in his hands? that would never happen!

You're probably right...

buriedbybricks

Postby Robzula » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:28 pm

I'm really digging the story, but please... pick a tense and stick with it. It's very jarring to suddenly change to present tense, and then just as suddenly change back (in fact, many a troll fic uses this technique).
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby legoloco » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:52 am

staff
"If might and magic are of no use against this threat, where do we go from here?"

In the spirit of the "How It Should Have Ended" website's way of going for the most efficient way possible out of a bad situation, this would be a good time for Reed Richards to interupt Franklin's play time and ask him to imagine the threat out of existance.
legoloco

Return to Licensed Themes