Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

2012 Podracer Challenge Winners!

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: 2012 Podracer Challenge Winners!

Postby Solo » Tue May 29, 2012 10:04 am

Rook's correct on both parts there. With few exceptions Ace is the one providing the prizes care of the ad revenue from the site, and the delay in prize delivery completely sucks. :|
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Igginz » Tue May 29, 2012 10:34 am

Rook wrote:I spoke to staff about this before they told me that most of their prizes actually come from money they earn with website activity (based off of ads in the sidebars etc.) so TLG really doesn't have much to do with prizes usually. However still sucks if you didn't get something you earned. :/ Best of luck.

The current superhero contest is being sponsored by Lego, if I understand correctly. Anyway, what are you doing reading these forums! Get back to your Wings of Justice! All of you! :p
Igginz

Postby Fatyankee » Tue May 29, 2012 11:17 am

Well i just popped on to see if there was any update on prizes etc, plus to check out the latest contest entries
I haven't had any message since February when i was asked for my address again.
I kinda get the feel i have just been brushed under the rug and carry on with the new contests
and for that reason i haven't entered any since, A few words can go a long way , a message explaining the situation would of been welcome, Also there has been a good few contests since last May , I understand most of the hits that in turn generate revenue will come from contests but if you don't have the prize's shouldn't you hold off until you do ?

I like this site , but I've been left with a bitter taste, and that's a shame. i was even gonna buy a t-shirt from you guys but i was waiting to see if you came through with your word on the prizes before i go handing money over for something i may never get.

like i said a few words would of gone a long way , an explanation or apology but instead I've been left to feel like it was my fault, I would appreciate an honest answer on if i will get the set as its been one i have put off buying but really want
The worst part is my young Son watched the stream and was so excited about it all , he checked the mail daily for a month.
Fatyankee

Postby Rook » Wed May 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Well I think Solo gave the answer already in a previous post. Sounds like Ace has been slaking a bit. Somethimes this is caused by outside stressers. Sometimes you become paralyzed in one aspect of your life. I know I've personally had issues like this on CABG.net but I've usually gotten all prizes off within a month. My wife had breast cancer this last year and everything got put on hold. I found Christmas gifts sitting where I had left them in 2010, still sitting the same spot at Christmas 2011. So keep that in mind, Ace might have some craziness in his life that he can't/doesn't share. So hopefully he's able to get on this for you since it is well over do. ;)
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby volumex » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:23 am

I too was wondering what actually happened here? So are we getting emails regarding an update to when these will be dispatched?
volumex

Postby Rook » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:51 am

Do we have an update on the Prizes? :/
Rook

Postby onions » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:34 am

it's coming. that's my next batch of stuff i have to mail out. it's not as easy for me to mail out international packages these days.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Rook » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:33 am

Any update on shipments?
Rook

Postby onions » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:04 pm

this saturday rook. i promise.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby volumex » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:31 am

onions wrote:it's coming. that's my next batch of stuff i have to mail out. it's not as easy for me to mail out international packages these days.

? I thought this contest was open to a worldwide audience? .... mmm. :facepalm:
volumex

Postby onions » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:14 am

it is. it's just that when i started full time work, my trips to the post office is limited to saturdays. when i worked from home, it was easy for me to just pick and go whenever i needed to go. not so easy these days.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Rook » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:06 pm

Got my prizes these week they are nice! Looking for to rocking them. ;)
Rook

Postby SDIronClaw » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:02 pm

Rook wrote:Got my prizes these week they are nice! Looking for to rocking them. ;)

Must be nice, I still have yet to receive mine from last years Advent giveaway.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Previous

Return to Contests & Community Builds