Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB DRAFT SIX: 8091 Swamp Speeder

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

FBTB DRAFT SIX: 8091 Swamp Speeder

Postby Staff » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:04 am

The next FBTB Parts Draft will take place on Saturday September 8th at 12 pm PST!

We'll be drafting 10 copies of Star Wars 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder for $16, about 50% off MSRP! (shipping charges will be calculated later for each participant.) Our very own Don Solo reviewed it on the site here in 2010, and although it didn't score very high overall it did have strong marks for parts and minifigs!

You can see the inventory for this set on Bricklink.

The draft will follow the same rules as the last few drafts.

Draft registration will commence on Monday August 27th at 12 pm PST, which you can do in in this dedicated forum topic by simply posting "SWAMPY!" Feel free to post any and all questions or comments in the thread; however, anyone posting "SWAMPY!" before the clock hits 12 pm PST on August 27th will not be allowed to participate. Don't jump the gun! After checking the list of people who have posted I will confirm everyone's registration via private message and give everyone PayPal payment instructions, and our draft order will be decided by the order of payment received from participants.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/08/17/fbtb-dra ... p-speeder/
Staff

Re: FBTB DRAFT SIX: 8091 Swamp Speeder

Postby Chief » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:06 am

Pretty Much Everything You Need to Know

What we're drafting: Star Wars 8091 Republic Swamp Speeder. There will be 10 copies in the draft.

How much $$$: USD $16, plus a separate shipping fee that includes the actual postage cost and a nominal materials fee. After the draft has taken place, I will contact you with your shipping fee. Don't worry: I'm not going to surprise you with an outrageous surcharge after the draft. Previously I had applied a flat rate shipping fee across the range of participants, but some people had orders that were entirely tiny parts who paid way more than they should have, and others got every large item in the set and didn't pay enough.

Who: TBD on Monday August 27th at 12 PM PST when the registration period opens. This will be open to any FBTB member who joined before that date, regardless of post count.

When: Saturday September 8th. 12pm PST is the proposed time.

Where: In real life? My Lego laboratory. Online? In a special draft room we'll make on the IRC chat. Participants will need to familiarize themselves with the workings of the chat before draft day. Don't worry, it's not difficult!

-The first ten forum members who respond to this topic on Monday August 27th after 12 PM PST and pay the entry fee via PayPal within 24 hours will become our Draft Participants *cue fanfare.* If any of the first 10 posters do not pay their fee within the timeframe, the next person in the standby pool gets their spot in the draft.
-All participants must be present in the IRC chat at the agreed-upon draft time. If a participant absolutely cannot be present in the chat for any emergency reason, I will refund their entry fee and will open up the slot to any standby member or chatroom spectator who can fill the role on the spot. Alternatively, the remaining participants may choose to divide the cost for the missing participant amongst themselves, which has been the case for three drafts now. There will be no proxies: you're either present for the draft or you're out. I've made exceptions in the past but not anymor: it's slowed the draft down way too much.
-Large or expensive lots of parts will be broken up. I am going to make these calls as I presort the pieces, and I will be fair about it. Ex: you will not be getting all 10 Barriss Offee figures. Trust me to find the golden number; I've got a ton of draft experience.
-Minifigs will be assembled according to the instructions and then split into multiple lots (4-3-3, as established in previous drafts.)
-Once the draft has started, the first participant will select a Lot # from the provided inventory, then the second participant, and so on, until we get to the end of the list. Then we work our way back up the list from bottom to top. Then top to bottom. And so on. This is the serpentine method, and so far has been the popular method for our drafts.
-All participants MUST have an inventory in front of them during the draft. I don't care if it's on your screen or printed in front of you, you need it. Participants will check off/note/delete items after each person's turn. It's imperative that everyone keep track of what parts are still up for grabs. Before the draft starts we will provide an online inventory spreadsheet with lot numbers individually identified, and it will be instantly updated throughout the draft process.
-At the conclusion of the draft, FBTB will package and ship out the chosen parts to their rightful owners, who will congratulate FBTB on a job well done and will immediately clamor for the next draft.
-No whining. We're trying to make this as fair as possible. If you don't get a part you want, find another part you like.

Confirmed Participants (number denotes draft order (aka the order I received payment)):
1. bacon1986
2. twbooth
3. kjklock
4. noahtom
5. mr.joshua
6. AbstractedIdeal
7. cyberclark
8. murphquake
9. MathBuilder

Standby List:
-Jargon -no response-
-MathBuilder *confirmed*
-3Brent
-SpitFyre
Chief

Postby Chief » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:09 am

The last few drafts have been at 11 am PST: we would like to try running the draft at a different time to see if we can hit our full allotment of participants this time, since the last few have topped out at 7, 8 or 9 people.

If you're interested in participating in the draft that day, please post and tell us a range of time you could participate. This will help us decide the draft time when we make the call for registrations.
Chief

Postby onions » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:34 am

5 oclock would be great. thanks.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby cyberclark » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:55 am

Thanks Chief look forward to taking part again hopefully! And just to make sure I'm not late to the party 12pm PST is 3pm EST right?
cyberclark

Postby Chief » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:40 am

Yessir
Chief

Postby unmovedmover » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:31 am

Last few drafts have been poorly timed or not interesting to me, but this works both ways, I'll def try to be there!
unmovedmover

Postby twbooth » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:21 am

anytime works for me. can't wait! those look like awesome parts!
twbooth

Postby twbooth » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:06 pm

SWAMPY!
twbooth

Postby cyberclark » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:19 pm

SWAMPY!
cyberclark

Postby noahtom » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:23 pm

SWAMPY! :lol:
noahtom

Postby murphquake » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:27 pm

SWAMPY! (timeframe is okay for me, I'm in NYC and work 10pm-10am before and after... With travel time I'd need to be done by abt 5pm PST, but can start as early as 11am PST)
murphquake

Postby bacon1986 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:31 pm

SWAMPY! Anytime after 11AM PST should work for me. Preferrably sometime before 3 PM PST since I'm out in Pittsburgh and would like the evening free.
Last edited by bacon1986 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to know how much your LEGO investment is worth?
Visit BrickPicker.com: LEGO Price and Investing Guide
bacon1986

Postby bacon1986 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Quick question. Will the boxes, instruction booklets, and sticker sheets be included in the lots? Or might each particpant get one of each of those?
bacon1986

Postby Chief » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:51 pm

I usually make a lot or two of stickers. And I usually send a set of instructions to each participant, unless they tell me they don't want it, which will save on postage. And I've never sent anyone boxes yet, but I guess if you really really want one I can make sure you get one :)

5 participants signed up within a half hour of opening, not bad gang!I don't remember if I specified anywhere previously, but I will send out the payment instructions after we've had registration open for 24 hours or so, or if we reach 10 people. Whichever comes first.
Chief

Postby bacon1986 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:06 pm

Thanks for the clarifications. Looking forward to the 8th!
bacon1986

Postby AbstractedIdeal » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:11 am

SWAMPY!
AbstractedIdeal

Postby murphquake » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:04 am

Chief, excellent, answers the question I came to ask. Looking forward to the draft. -bill
murphquake

Postby hobbie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:53 pm

SWAMPY!

I've never done one of these drafts before, hopefully I can get some interesting pieces. By 2 PST would be best for me, any earlier shouldn't be a problem.
hobbie

Postby kjklock » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:25 pm

SWAMPY!
kjklock

Next

Return to Community Features