Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[UK] Amazon Discounts 9516 Jabba's Palace

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[UK] Amazon Discounts 9516 Jabba's Palace

Postby Staff » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:36 pm

Here's a deal for our friends across the pond. Amazon.co.uk has also dropped the price 20% down to £96. I'm not sure how tax works over there, so I have no idea if they charge tax or not. But they do have free shipping so it'll at least save you time, energy, and petrol.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/08/26/uk-amazon-discounts-9516-jabbas-palace/
Staff

Re: [UK] Amazon Discounts 9516 Jabba's Palace

Postby Brainslugged » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:15 pm

As an FYI, in the UK, sales tax (or VAT - Value Added Tax - as it's known) is 20%. However every price you ever see already has it included, including Amazon.co.uk. I guess it sucks that VAT is so high but it's nice that with prices, what you see is what you get. So if something costs 5 pounds and you pay with a 10 pound note, you get a 5 pound note back. Unlike the US where you'd get 4 dollar bills and a pocket full of coins which I always find a bit annoying. The fact that Lego is a lot cheaper in the US is very un-annoying though :) (being English but living in the US).
Brainslugged

Postby lostone » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:38 am

i reckon ill hold of on this one and wait for the argos buy 2 get a 3rd free at christmas.

And judging by the up and down prices on the millenium falcon set at a around the same price point i reckon this'll will drop a bit lower at some point ( I hope :shock: )
lostone

Postby bigospedros » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:40 am

lostone wrote:i reckon ill hold of on this one and wait for the argos buy 2 get a 3rd free at christmas.

And judging by the up and down prices on the millenium falcon set at a around the same price point i reckon this'll will drop a bit lower at some point ( I hope :shock: )

Same here ... 25% off is my threshold ... 33% off is always preferred if possible ... any more is a bonus.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Return to Finds/Deals