Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars January 2013 Set List Revealed

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

LEGO Star Wars January 2013 Set List Revealed

Postby Staff » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:55 pm

LEGO Star Wars

Down at Celebration VI, there was a LEGO Star Wars panel where the panelists revealed the set list for LEGO Star Wars' January assortment. And they are:

Planet Series 3:
Kamino w/ R4-P17 droid and Jedi Starfighter
Coruscant w/ Clone Pilot and Republic Assault Striker
Asteroid Filed w/ Tie Bomber and Tie Pilot

Regular Sets:
The Old Republic Battle Pack (2x Sith Troopers + 2x clones)
Clone Troopers vs Droidekas Battle Pack (sniper droideka)
A-wing w/Ackbar, Han and A-wing pilot
AT-RT w/ yoda, clone trooper and assassin droid
Z-95 Headhunter w/ 2x Clone Troopers, General Krell
The Rancor Pit (as revealed at SDCC)

So R4-P17 is just the astromech head, right? RIGHT? Okay probably not, but that was my first instinct.

In other news, a new Visual Dictionary will be released in 2014, and there is another LEGO Star Wars video game in the works.

via Rebelscum via Groove Bricks
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/08/25/lego-star-wars-january-2013-set-list-revealed/
Staff

Re: LEGO Star Wars January 2013 Set List Revealed

Postby DaidalOS » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:17 am

Interesting, but... um, I think there is one mistake - clone troopers in The Old Republic battle pack? There were no clones in that era(/game), or were there?
DaidalOS

Postby Gooker1 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:24 am

The lists sounds really interesting! I'm a big fan of the continuation of the planet sets. I'm excited to see the asteroid. Hopefully it's not just a planet.
Gooker1

Postby SDIronClaw » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:31 am

As a OT collector, I'm not really impressed. Also the panel was'nt all that informative and I found it rather lame.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby Darth Jokar » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:57 am

List sounds good. Can't wait to see some pics. Anyone know when pics start popping up?
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby DarthBuilder » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:41 am

So no surprises in that list. The rumors of these sets have been floating around the webs for a while now and were spot on. I like that there will be new planet sets and a new astromech droid to add to the collection. Other than the A wing and Rancor pit I will be looking forward to summer 2013.
DarthBuilder

Postby Trooper10 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:52 am

DaidalOS wrote:Interesting, but... um, I think there is one mistake - clone troopers in The Old Republic battle pack? There were no clones in that era(/game), or were there?

Yes probably they are just generic troopers which wear armor very similar to clones/stormtroopers (kinda odd for a setting thousands of years before OT/PT) - SWTOR game doesn't mention clones to my knowledge and I do play - (although I don't pay much attention to what's going on when I do)

[quote="Gooker1" I'm excited to see the asteroid. Hopefully it's not just a planet.[/quote]
Ditto but I fear it will just be a sphere with some 'asteroid' texture or print. The should include a small shoe and a potato (as were in the original asteroid field in ESB)

I suspect the list will grow - there aren't any really large sets in there (by the look of things) or is winter release usually restricted to smaller sets?
Trooper10

Postby Legomancer » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:44 pm

R4-P17 is just a head. Well, to get technical, it's a sphere. So the set will probably be just a head.

EDIT Oh, for the planet set. Read right past that part. nvm

I have neutral feelings for this wave. I have my own wants for LEGO SW, but it's not a terrible bunch, just motley.
Legomancer

Postby fallenangel327 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:19 pm

You're thinking of the Q7 series. ;) While Arfour did sport the dome of an R2-series astromech, her body was mostly integrated into the fighter itself (meaning that to be totally correct, the new planet set would have to include a full Delta-7 along with the miniature and the planet mold. :lol: But of course that won't happen, though it would definitely make me reconsider getting the set).
fallenangel327

Postby LEGOlas » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:53 am

I'm betting the Game's just an updated Complete Saga. I'm not complaining.
LEGOlas

Postby darth_fett » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:41 am

Stoked for the TIE Bomber! I'm gonna need all my TIEs in gray now to match the new colorscheme. Somehow, mixing the old blue and the gray doesn't look right. Although the TIE Bomber was sporting a nice blue finish in the asteroid sequences in the movie, I'll take what i can get. Can't wait to see this asteroid piece. Hopefully it's not just a BURP, although i suspect it may just be a base to display the fighter on. Hoping the R4 is a full body, i've got a soft spot for R series droids. I'm gonna have to look up what an Assault Striker is. I bet if i kept up on my Clone Wars, I'd already know. sigh. Ditto for the "Sniper Droideka".
Also can't wait to see an official Z-95 Headhunter. I hope TLG does it justice. Not just a reskinned, slightly color altered X-Wing. Anybody care to wager on whether the A-Wing will have the groove cutout in the nose, and not just a sticker representation?
darth_fett

Postby Ibiscribe » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:25 pm

Oh, they're going to be making Old Republic minifigs and stuff? I'd been hoping for something like that, but it seemed pretty far out there.

It would be very neat if they made a game related to KOTOR/TOR... or could that be what they're referring to? Unless they choose to go with something post-movie, or make another Clone Wars game, they're sort of running out of new angles. I suppose a remake is always possible, especially if it's for newer systems.
Ibiscribe

Postby Robzula » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:55 pm

darth_fett wrote:Stoked for the TIE Bomber! I'm gonna need all my TIEs in gray now to match the new colorscheme. Somehow, mixing the old blue and the gray doesn't look right . . . Can't wait to see this asteroid piece. Hopefully it's not just a BURP, although i suspect it may just be a base to display the fighter on.

This is part of the "Planets" series, so the Bomber will be a mini ship with the asteroid the big plastic sphere.
darth_fett wrote:I'm gonna have to look up what an Assault Striker is.

My guess is it'll be a mini version of this.
darth_fett wrote:Also can't wait to see an official Z-95 Headhunter. I hope TLG does it justice. Not just a reskinned, slightly color altered X-Wing.

Quell your excitement, judging by the inclusion of clones it's not gonna be the ugly piece of junk we love, rather the Clone Wars variant.
Ibiscribe wrote:Oh, they're going to be making Old Republic minifigs and stuff? I'd been hoping for something like that, but it seemed pretty far out there.

Check that first link and also this one for two sets already on the market.

The planet sets... I'm excited about them mostly for the planet choices, but completely missed chance including R4-P17 over, oh I dunno, a kaminoan, and including a ship from a horribly failing game over maybe Invisible Hand, or Anakin's (or Obi-Wan's) Jedi Interceptor, or a Lambda class Shuttle.

The BPs are always nice, and I'll probably pick up the AT-RT since it'll likely be cheap and I don't have one, but the rest are a pass. A little bit of a relief, honestly. Saves me the headache of wanting them.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Postby fallenangel327 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:24 pm

Someone on Eurobricks explained earlier that the "Republic Assault Striker" included with Coruscant is in actuality a poorly labeled Acclamator. While it makes sense, it doesn't follow any colloquial convention I've ever come across. (And I needn't mention the fact that 'Hulk_Smash' quite literally appeared out of nowhere claiming to have seen a retail catalog, tends to post in an unseasoned manner, sports a n00bish username and avatar, and could be feeding those kids lies for all we know. Not that anyone over there really seems to care. :lol: )
fallenangel327

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:09 am

fallenangel327 wrote:Someone on Eurobricks explained earlier that the "Republic Assault Striker" included with Coruscant is in actuality a poorly labeled Acclamator. While it makes sense, it doesn't follow any colloquial convention I've ever come across. (And I needn't mention the fact that 'Hulk_Smash' quite literally appeared out of nowhere claiming to have seen a retail catalog, tends to post in an unseasoned manner, sports a n00bish username and avatar, and could be feeding those kids lies for all we know. Not that anyone over there really seems to care. :lol: )

w/ regards to 'Hulk_Smash' I've read on EB that he's came through multiple times and hasn't been incorrect, so he's a reliable source. ;)
Gooker1

Postby Ibiscribe » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:13 am

Robzula wrote:Check that first link and also this one for two sets already on the market.

All I can say is :D
I really like being proven wrong. Much optimism has been created this day--can't wait to see what else they might churn out.
Ibiscribe

Postby SWfanforever » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:50 am

Maybe I'm wrong and I hope I am, but all the sets seem to be smaller sets. Isn't there any word on large sets. I'm a fan of the larger sets whether it be a large playset or a large ship.
SWfanforever

Postby fallenangel327 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:05 am

The January wave tends to feature smaller sets, I've heard. This is true not only for Star Wars but also for Creator and various others.
fallenangel327

Postby bendog2008 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Hopefully, we might get a minifig-scale B-Wing in the summer. That would be perfect since we are getting the A-Wing in the winter line :D
bendog2008

Postby Inzane » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:55 pm

SDIronClaw wrote:As a OT collector, I'm not really impressed.

Agreed. However I'm also somewhat relieved since I've had a hard time keeping up with all the new sets that come out year after year, and I really can't afford to spend a lot on lego lately.
Inzane

Next

Return to Star Wars