Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

harry potter wand colors?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

harry potter wand colors?

Postby fuji143 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Long time lurker

Was wondering what the following color of wands these characters use:

Harry
Ron
Hermoinie
Hagrid
Draco
Snape
Voldemort

4L i presume? thanks.
fuji143

Re: harry potter wand colors?

Postby Flynn » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Allright, I'm working mostly from memory here, since Bricklink doesn't include the wands in their minifigure listings (and I'm presuming you're wanting the official wand colors that LEGO's provided?):

- Harry and Hermione both use the basic brown wands (old brown or reddish brown depending on the year)
- Ron uses a grey wand (again, old great or light bluish grey, whichever)
- Hagrid isn't legally allowed to have a wand, but is supplied with his pink umbrella in the later sets (which is just comprised of a reddish brown 4L bar plus two pink cones)
- Draco and Voldemort are both supplied with black wands
- Snape has never been officially supplied with a wand, I don't believe.

It might do you well to double check the info using Bricklink, but I think that's it. And yes, 4L for all of them.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Flynn wrote:And yes, 4L for all of them.

I couldn't believe it when they made the shorter bars for the collectible minifigs, and STILL used the freakishly long (for this purpose, anyway) ones to represent wands in the Harry Potter sets. I was so SURE they would make the switch.
Mister Ed

Postby zwolya » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:26 pm

I tried to do this a while too, but there are just a lot of inconsistencies. All the PoA sets have Harry with a black wand instead of the brown from the first two releases. Hermione had a tan wand in SS at least, and Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle all had brown in the Slytherin set (though Malfoy has had black in every other set, and Crabbe and Goyle are also actually Harry and Ron here...). Lupin had an earth-orange-ish wand, Lockheart had tan and Snape had dark gray in the Dueling Club set.
zwolya

Postby fuji143 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:50 pm

thanks for the awesome reply guys!

I guess i'll try to make it as movie accurate as possible, and maybe buy 2 per person just to make sure, since the price isn't that high for 4L

:) thanks again!
fuji143

Return to Licensed Themes