Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

HispaBrick 14 Available Now

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

HispaBrick 14 Available Now

Postby Staff » Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:12 pm

The latest issue of HispaBrick is ready for download and its got some familiar faces. Here's the rundown in their own words:

In this new edition, Garry King presents his fleet of ships of the hit series Battlestar Galactica, Akiyuki Kawaguchi we marvel with modules GBC, Katie Walker teaches us to do mosaics with cheese slopes and interviewed the creator Bruce Lowell .
I explained how many of the projects of AFOLs can become a reality, either by LEGO ® CUUSOO or through Crowdfunding .
Section Pillars community this time we have the cooperation of The Brothers Brick and I tell our participation in various events that have taken place in recent months, and several reviews and tutorials LDraw, MINDSTORMS and Pneumatics.
And do not miss the second installment of the system MILS , a modular system composed of landscapes developed by a member of our community.

All that and a tribute to everybody's favourite astromech*. What more could you ask for?**

* If he's not, It's Ok I don't need to know who is.
** No need to answer that either.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/08/02/hispabrick-14-available-now/
Staff

Re: HispaBrick 14 Available Now

Postby sparkart » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:58 am

I was jazzed when I found pics of my Artoo models on page 16 & 17, but a smidgen crestfallen that they were made by "saprkart" [sic]. Heh-heh.

Reminds me when I was able to snag "BATMAN V" for an auto license plate. I waited impatiently weeks and weeks like a 10-year-old waiting to turn a car into a real-life Batmobile. When I opened the envelope, the plates read, "BATNAM V".
sparkart

Postby GrayMattR » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:36 pm

HispaBrick has been doing a great job and gets better each issue. If you haven't checked it out, you should. (No I'm not affiliated with them and my only opinion about Spain is that they have the best national soccer/football team in the world and Barcelona FC is better than Real Madrid.) Also off topic:
sparkart wrote:When I opened the envelope, the plates read, "BATNAM V".

You mean to tell me that you didn't take the plates back to the DMV and get them corrected?!?
GrayMattR

Postby sparkart » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:17 am

Of course I got them kerrected:

But back on topic, are those Battlestar Galactica Models insanely cool, or what? I think I like the OG shuttle and Cyclon raider the most. (OG meaning Original Galactica, not Original Gang-sta.)

I also liked the Bruce Lowell interview. The creative process is interesting to me. I actually like to see work-in-progress, WIP, like construction sites, and while I don't cook, I'm hooked on cooking shows, watching how things are made.
sparkart

Return to Star Wars