Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Parts Draft Five: Pizza Planet Truck Rescue

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

Re: FBTB Parts Draft Five: Pizza Planet Truck Rescue

Postby jennnifer » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:32 am

Thanks for the update! I am pretty excited to see all I got in the draft, but it can wait 'til you are up and around again. :)
jennnifer

Postby twbooth » Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Starting to worry me, Chief. Get well, soon!
twbooth

Postby Chief » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:20 am

I PMd an update to a couple of concerned people who had written me. Time to update here as well.
Today was the first time I've driven since I hurt myself on 2/14, and it's only because I have a doctor's appointment right after work and my wife is out of sick time (because of all the doctor visits and sick kids, etc) at work to drive me.

It's a new doctor, so we'll see how things go. I can bear weight on the leg mostly okay, though I'm using a cane right now. The big problem is I can't bend my leg past about 90 degrees, and no amount of stretching and leg exercises I do seems to break past that barrier. :\

Ace will be taking the parts from me when he stays at my place this weekend for Star Wars days to help get it out to you guys quicker. I really am sorry it's taken this long. In retrospect, we probably should have postponed the draft and not had this problem, but I didn't know how slow my recovery would be.
Chief

Postby MisterFubar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:29 pm

Chief wrote:I PMd an update to a couple of concerned people who had written me. Time to update here as well.
Today was the first time I've driven since I hurt myself on 2/14, and it's only because I have a doctor's appointment right after work and my wife is out of sick time (because of all the doctor visits and sick kids, etc) at work to drive me.

It's a new doctor, so we'll see how things go. I can bear weight on the leg mostly okay, though I'm using a cane right now. The big problem is I can't bend my leg past about 90 degrees, and no amount of stretching and leg exercises I do seems to break past that barrier. :\

Ace will be taking the parts from me when he stays at my place this weekend for Star Wars days to help get it out to you guys quicker. I really am sorry it's taken this long. In retrospect, we probably should have postponed the draft and not had this problem, but I didn't know how slow my recovery would be.

Any chance my Collectable minifigs that I paid you for about a year ago were in that batch of stuff that's getting shipped?
MisterFubar

Postby noahtom » Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:16 pm

Chief? any update? Hoping the leg is better, but it's been another couple of weeks and no word from Ace.
noahtom

Postby noahtom » Fri May 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Is anyone else reading this post? Do we have an update on the shipping yet?
noahtom

Postby twbooth » Fri May 11, 2012 7:49 pm

I occasionally wonder the same thing. Get well soon, Chief.
twbooth

Postby jennnifer » Wed May 16, 2012 6:02 am

I check back here and have sent a couple messages. Things must be pretty bad. :(
jennnifer

Postby MisterFubar » Fri May 25, 2012 12:17 pm

Surely someone has heard something on this...
MisterFubar

Postby Chief » Thu May 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Taking care of this shortly, I'm sorry everyone (especially you, Fubar) Let's just say if I never see another physical therapist or orthopedic surgeon again in my life, it'll be too soon (no offense, banthafodder)
Chief

Postby Pro_Ice » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:33 pm

5 month delay for shipping. This ain't even funny.
I understand how tough medical problems might be and such situation is perfectly understandable but there's an obvious question: how come there was no one in 5 month who could handle the shipping issues?!
Pro_Ice

Postby noahtom » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:20 pm

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

To quote my children, when they know we have quite a while to go.

I really hate that this may sour future drafts as I thought it was quite fun! Someone needs to pick up the reigns, patch up the relationships and lets have more drafts!
noahtom

Postby twbooth » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Dead-on, noahtom! I only participated in 2 drafts, but both were extremely fun... Researching, prioritizing, scoring my pieces, analyzing my opponents picks, sniping, the drama!

Chief, I wish you all the best on a speedy recovery, but don't underestimate the impact your absence has had on this community. We eagerly await your return (or your substitute... or successor)!
twbooth

Postby Chief » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:44 am

Copy-pasted from a reply I just sent one of the participants:
Ace (onions) recently picked up everything from me, and then he got a new job that took up much of his attention and time, just as my injury and work took up mine. He and I are currently working together to get everything where it needs to go. I know I can't apologize enough to make up for the obscene amount of time this took to finish, but I'll keep saying it. I truly am sorry to everyone. I only hope this hasn't soured you on future drafts, because we have several fantastic discounted sets in store still.
Chief

Postby noahtom » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:50 pm

YAY! I'm in for the next one! Just need a little work on fulfillment. =)
noahtom

Postby onions » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:01 am

draft sets were sent out this past saturday except for one which i am still waiting for an address for. i forget who exactly it was, chief knows, but person was moving i think.

our most humble apologies for the delay. we're going to examine what we can do better for the next go around. we still have about 5 drafts to go through.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Chief » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:32 pm

I already sent all the US participants messages about their packages the other day, still waiting to hear back from AwesomeTaylor. I haven't contacted any international members yet because I didn't have the tracking at the time.
Chief

Postby Inzane » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:21 pm

I got mine in the mail today!! Thanks guys!

I hadn't checked in on this thread for a few weeks so I was completely taken by surprise. And I can think of no better surprise than finding LEGO in the mailbox that you weren't expecting.

I live in Canada, so if I got mine already, hopefully the rest of you have as well.

PS - Please let me know if I owe anyone for shipping. (I can't recall how we settled the bills earlier.)
Inzane

Postby onions » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:45 pm

shipping is on me as a way to say 'sorry for the delay'.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby noahtom » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:59 am

Yaya! Got my package in the mail last weekend!
noahtom

Previous

Return to Community Features