Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Man Of Steel Teaser Arrives

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Man Of Steel Teaser Arrives

Postby Staff » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:51 pm

I guess I should say "teasers" even though these two are identical save the differing voice overs provided by Kevin Costner's Jonathan Kent and Russell Crowe's Jor-El. Not much going on in the teaser really, but the film is still a long way off and if this is the tone of the final product I'll happily ignore the goofy new unitard to check it out.

If we only get one Man Of Steel set based on what I've seen so far, I hope it's bearded emo-Clark and Krypto on their super crab boat.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/07/21/man-of-steel-teaser-arrives/
Staff

Re: Man Of Steel Teaser Arrives

Postby JackJonespaw » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:29 pm

Epic trailer. But...why is the Bridge of Khazad Dum Music playing in it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUIZvAe3RBg

(Skip to 4:56)
JackJonespaw

Postby cas » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:13 pm

JackJonespaw wrote:why is the Bridge of Khazad Dum Music playing in it?

Because it's what the trailer tech decided to use. People who make trailers have access to various libraries of soundtracks and it can vary studio to studio. This is what they chose and got approved.

On a different note, I was disappointed I didn't see a Man of Steel or Skyfall trailer in front of TDKR Imax yesterday. I was so looking forward to them, they would have made up for a less than stellar (but still watchable) film that followed.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby mapleleaf251 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:43 pm

Yea, I was also confused about the Lord of the Rings music :S
mapleleaf251

Postby GIR3691 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:39 am

Saw this at the midnight release of Dark Knight Rises.

"From Director Zack Snyder"
*audience is silent*

"And Executive Producer Christoper Nolan"
*thunderous applause and cheering*

It looks... eh. Never was a fan of Superman. This definitely isn't going to change my mind.
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby sparkart » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:10 pm

"super crab boat" :lol: A vision of a strange mashup of LEGO Superheroes and Spongebob popped up in my head when I read that.

GIR brings up a good point that the audience is getting more savvy and interested who's making entertainment. I remember at the After Earth Comic-Con panel, when M. Night Shyamalan was identified as the project's director, that there was a perceptible group scoff, as people looked knowingly at their friends, "Yeah, I'm getting less interested in this movie, too."

I'm thinking I'll give Man of Steel a chance in the theater. I thought Singer would do a good job with exploring the human vulnerabilities of Superman in Superman Returns, but the movie degenerated into Singer's personal biopic of adopted son angst. Hopefully, Snyder & Nolan et al will do something interesting, but not weird, familiar, but fresh. Impossible?
sparkart

Postby crazybirdman » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Trailer left me underwhelmed. Id could have been almost any superhero at the end and I wouldn't have thought any different.
crazybirdman

Postby Jargon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:41 pm

I was not at all expecting a quiet, thoughtful trailer with a muted color palette and a distinct lack of slow motion from Zach Snyder. I've been approaching this film from a point of cautious optimism, but after this trailer, my expectations are definitely rising. There hasn't been a film adaptation of Superman I've ever really cared for to date, so I hope that Man of Steel can reverse this trend.
Jargon

Postby TK-949 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:13 am

Is it just me or does Henry Cavill look a lot like a grown up Tom Welling?

I like the tone of the Teaser. Not the typical "In-a-world..."-stuff. If the story is as "grounded" as the story of 'Batman Begins' I could really like this movie.
TK-949

Return to Licensed Themes