Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Rancor Pit Revealed

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: Rancor Pit Revealed

Postby crazybirdman » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:17 am

The 1st Hogwarts stacks on the chamber of secrets. But I don't think they planned it when they made the Hogwarts set
crazybirdman

Postby Flynn » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:25 pm

They absolutely did. Part of the point of the Hogwarts sets in the early years was that they could be attached to one another for you to make your own huge Hogwarts castle. The promotional posters for the first couple years highlight this.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby zhouston » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:24 pm

GIR3691 wrote:This set is really lame. It looks nothing like the movie. What's with the hole in the middle of the floor for?

I believe that is so you can continue to stack this set on top of 9496-1; any jedi can take on those monsters one at a time, but a true warrior will fight both at once
Last edited by zhouston on Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zhouston
David

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:26 pm

fallenangel327 wrote:My guess is that the small gate is intended to represent the one that Luke finds locked upon his initial attempt at escape, while the large gate is the one he brought down on the rancor's neck.

Exactly. Luke runs through the large gate to the small one, where he gets stuck. The Rancor follows him and he brings down the large gate from within the chamber between the two gates.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm happy that LEGO is giving us both gates in a set of this "size".
Gingerbeard Man

Postby bigospedros » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:10 am

zhouston wrote:
I noticed that the square holes in the bottom of Jabba's Palace are 3 studs away from edge of the base of that set, which means the gate can't open if the palace is on top (if i'm looking at things correctly); something lego might want to change...

Also, the Rancor's shoulders look like the Pittsburgh Steelers logo... just a thought.

I'm hoping that since the back of the palace is hinged so you can open it, if you do that, you can ope and close the gate with the palace in situ.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby zhouston » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:23 am

bigospedros wrote:I'm hoping that since the back of the palace is hinged so you can open it, if you do that, you can ope and close the gate with the palace in situ.

Oh you're right, I didn't notice that. That should certainly help, may still be weird though.
zhouston
David

Postby comicboys2 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:28 am

Wow. This set looks very nice and detailed. I will have to pick up Jabbas Palace and connect the two together. ;)
comicboys2

Postby bigospedros » Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:48 am

Also ... that is assume the gate is at the back of the palace ... it might be at the front or the side for all we know ... here's also hoping that when the real pictures come, they're shown with the Palace so we'll know for sure.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Previous

Return to Star Wars