Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

SDCC Friday's Minifig Bonus Prizes

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

SDCC Friday's Minifig Bonus Prizes

Postby Staff » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:44 am

Update: there will be other prizes, the below list is just the bigger ticket items.

Hulk

I just received word that there will be additional prizes to be awarded to the lucky few that win an exclusive minifig today. If you win a minifig, look at the back of it. If you find a sticker, you will win one of the following bonus prizes:

• 18" LEGO Built Hulk and Batman Model – These are awesome! Like a mini version of the Hulk in our booth!!

• Signed Comic Books

• Green Lantern & Kilowog DC Collectibles Comic-Con Exclusive Figure 2-Packs

• The Batcave signed by Jim Lee and Geoff Johns.

• LEGO Batman 2 Video Games

• Framed LEGO DC and Marvel Model Design Sketches

• Exclusive Superman and Batman Maquettes

• Four-Pack of LEGOLAND California Tickets

• PS Vita Video Game Console

Good luck to all!

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/07/13/sdcc-fridays-minifig-bonus-prizes/
Staff

Re: SDCC Friday's Minifig Bonus Prizes

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:09 am

Geez, you'd think, with as difficult to acquire and desirable as they made those figs, that making those additional prizes go to the people who already lucked into a fig would be kind of overkill. You'd think maybe the people who DIDN'T get lucky enough to get a fig would be the ones tossed into that prize pool...
Mister Ed

Postby etcknight » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:50 am

Ouch. Like adding salt to an open wound. Great customer relations, Lego. :roll:

Why don't you spread out the prizes to the unlucky "few" who aren't winning a minifigure already?!?! >8(
etcknight

Postby angriwooki » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:21 am

I agree that they should have spread out the prizes. But then again im just bitter because im not there today :p
angriwooki

Postby ufjason » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:34 am

Ah, entitlement strikes again. It's a convention, they're designed to hype up products and generate excitement. Everyone can't be a prize winner, you just have to be lucky!
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:15 pm

ufjason wrote:Ah, entitlement strikes again. It's a convention, they're designed to hype up products and generate excitement. Everyone can't be a prize winner, you just have to be lucky!

It's not entitlement. I'm not attending, and likely never will be. It just seems like good sense. Exactly how does concentrating all the prizes in a smaller pool of attendees hype anything up more, or generate more excitement? It doesn't. The people that got figs are likely already plenty excited and "hyped". What's the value in limiting any further hype and excitement only to that small group?

Frankly, I would think the "excitement" level would be better maintained if even those that didn't get a figure thought there was at least a CHANCE that they MIGHT get something else. As it stands, if you don't get the fig, the hype and excitement value ends right there.
Mister Ed

Postby bricks_n_more » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:01 pm

I'm upset at Comic-con in general. I waited for hours to get my badges online only to have the link that they provided us not to work. when it finally did work, Friday was already sold out. I only had the option to purchase Thursday or Sunday tickets. So I got Thursday tickets. All they had going on yesterday was the Bilbo thing and that was over by 11. They should have had the raffles for a minifig each day. That would have been cool. 4 minifigs. 4 days. 4 raffles. The extra prizes are cool, but they kinda leave you out in hte cold if you picked the wrong day to attend. Since you had to buy the badge back in March there would be no way in knowing which day to attend.

Of course I probably would have gone on the day that they would have given away the Phoenix minifig and I would be bitter about that too. :facepalm:
bricks_n_more

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:24 pm

Wait, are these Green Lantern & Kilowog figures minifigs? I would be surprised (and mad) if they were, but I'm just checking.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby etcknight » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:02 pm

bricks_n_more wrote:I'm upset at Comic-con in general. I waited for hours to get my badges online only to have the link that they provided us not to work. when it finally did work, Friday was already sold out. I only had the option to purchase Thursday or Sunday tickets. So I got Thursday tickets. All they had going on yesterday was the Bilbo thing and that was over by 11. They should have had the raffles for a minifig each day. That would have been cool. 4 minifigs. 4 days. 4 raffles. The extra prizes are cool, but they kinda leave you out in hte cold if you picked the wrong day to attend. Since you had to buy the badge back in March there would be no way in knowing which day to attend.

Of course I probably would have gone on the day that they would have given away the Phoenix minifig and I would be bitter about that too. :facepalm:

I agree completely. My Comic-con badge buying experiences have been less than smooth or ideal. I also agree that Lego should have spread the minifig raffle out over 4 days rather than all on Friday - or at least over 2 days.
etcknight

Postby cas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:15 pm

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:Wait, are these Green Lantern & Kilowog figures minifigs? I would be surprised (and mad) if they were, but I'm just checking.

Nope. They're just regular old action figures.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:46 pm

I was lucky enough to win the raffle within the raffle. I didn't want to wait around to pick up the minifigure I won as it was a zoo w/ everyone there.

I got my figure around 6pm and won an Avengers hat. I'm not complaining, but one of those big ticket items would have been pretty awesome. LOL
Gooker1

Postby SonOfSolo » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:47 am

I won too. I got a Bizzaro. Awesome. Wish there was a way to get all four. The Phoenix was awesome.
SonOfSolo

Postby Firespray » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:47 pm

Won a Shazam minfig, thanks to Ace for alerting me about the raffle.
Firespray

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:48 am

A rebelscummer scored this pretty nifty artwork w/ his winning card:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070412-12/#
Gooker1

Postby Solo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:52 am

Want to post the pic itself? I'm not seeing it on the page you linked.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby bigospedros » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:21 am

Solo wrote:Want to post the pic itself? I'm not seeing it on the page you linked.

Page 36 of the thread, post 356
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Solo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Thanks. That's pretty cool.

For future reference: you can link to specific posts on most forums, that one included.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby GIR3691 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:36 pm

Did pictures ever surface of the special 18 inch LEGO statue things?
>>[email protected] <<
GIR3691
Staff Writer

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:05 am

Solo wrote:Thanks. That's pretty cool.

For future reference: you can link to specific posts on most forums, that one included.

Ahhh, Thank you!!
Gooker1

Return to Licensed Themes