Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Sneak Peak @ Next Years LEGO Super Hero Lineup

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Sneak Peak @ Next Years LEGO Super Hero Lineup

Postby Staff » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:22 am

Next Years DC Super Heroes RevealedNext Years DC Super Heroes Revealed 2

I hope these pics will satisfy some of the comic fans out there who've been wishing certain figs would pop up asap!
First up on the DC side we have Mister Freeze, Aquaman, a white suited Batman, Bane, Commissioner Gordon with a SWAT flack jacket, hooded Robin, Scarecrow, Arkham jumpsuit Joker, Penguin and what I believe is Harley Quinn in a nurse disquise. I believe these may or may not be based at least in part on the popular Arkham Asylum/City games that I have not had the pleasure to play, though Gordon and Bane to look like they may be based on their movie counterparts.

Next Years Marvel Super Heroes RevealedNext Years Marvel Super Heroes Revealed 2

Next up on the Marvel side we have Spider-man, Nick Fury (Finally!), Venom, Nova, J. Jonah Jameson, Victor Von Doom and I have no idea who the red winged guy is. Human Fly? A new character from the Ultimate Spider-man cartoon? Hopefully Ace can shed some light on him if no one else can.

Seems like a nice line up to me and I'm betting there will be some others who will pop up sooner or later. Check back tonight as Ace hopes to have some more pics of these figures as an update.

Update: Well, that was fast! Ace has secured official pics of all these figs and more and apparently that red winged guy is Beetle. Guess he got an update since his purple suited days in Web Of Spider-man.

VenomSpider-ManNovaNick FuryJonah JamesonDoctor DoomBeetleScarecrowRobinPenguinMr. FreezeJokerIvyHarleyGuardCommissioner GordonBlack Winged BatmanBatmanBaneAquaManWhite Suit Batman

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/07/13/sneak-peak-next-years-lego-super-hero-lineup/
Staff

Re: Sneak Peak @ Next Years LEGO Super Hero Lineup

Postby angriwooki » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:34 am

Arkham legos!!! Prayers answer!
angriwooki

Postby minitrue11 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:40 am

These are incredible! I can't wait! I wonder if the venom has a reversible head to make him look like the black costume spiderman?

Neato! I can't believe they made a Nova!
minitrue11

Postby scandell » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:24 am

That Jameson head would make a great Stan Lee Minifig!!!
scandell

Postby Nerfman1234 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:43 am

WORDS CAN LITERALLY NOT DESCRIBE HOW EXCITED I AM
Spoiler: show
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Nerfman1234

Postby brickmodder » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:53 am

What! No Wonder Twins? LOL

brickmodder

Postby zhouston » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:01 pm

minitrue11 wrote:I wonder if the venom has a reversible head to make him look like the black costume spiderman?

I hope not, the reversible faces always have hair/hats to cover them up, with venom it would just be a face on the back of his head... a rather noticeable face at that
zhouston
David

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:21 pm

angriwooki wrote:Arkham legos!!! Prayers answer!

If they really are based on the Arkham Asylum or City games, I would find that rather amusing, given LEGO's recent vehement insistence that they not base sets on more mature subject matter. The games may only be rated T, but they are, unless I'm mistaken, pretty violent.
Mister Ed

Postby Walter Boy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:26 pm

I never thought I'd see an official Lego Dr. Doom minifigure without any members of the Fantastic Four even existing in this line.

I'm happy, yet so overwhelmed. So many new figs.
Walter Boy

Postby Mofo Jones » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:36 pm

Most of these are pretty damned awesome.

Also, I'm going to go on record and say I'd pick up the Wonder Twins if they were available.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby DrunkenMonkey » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:53 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:Most of these are pretty damned awesome.

Also, I'm going to go on record and say I'd pick up the Wonder Twins if they were available.

The new line up is definitely impressive. As for the Wonder Twins, sorry fellas you will probably have to wait for next years SDCC giveways. ;)
DrunkenMonkey

Postby crazybirdman » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:31 pm

As long as there isn't any drama with a con exclusive Gleek, I'm okay with that. :lol:

The Wonder Twins are the perfect figure for a con exclusive, hard to fit into a set. Not super popular.
crazybirdman

Postby BrickDeth1123 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:16 pm

Wow this is pretty crazy considering just yesterday I was thinking about what a Doc Doom minifig would look like. The look I imagined was an actual mask that fit over the figure's head, but this is nice too.

Oh and Venom? Heck yeah.
BrickDeth1123

Postby Yodalicious » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Upon recently coming out of my dark ages, I vowed to only get into the Star Wars (well, back into) and LOTR themes. So much for that vow!
Yodalicious

Postby ?what master? » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:35 pm

Just so everyone knows, the dude in the red battle suit is Ultimate Beetle from the ultimate Spider-man comic, who from this set can be assumed to show up in the show as well soon. Odds are he will be a part of the set that includes Ultimate Dr. Doom
?what master?

Postby Sharpie Clone » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:34 pm

With the Dark Knight inspired MFs, I really hope they reissue a Tumbler. I mean if they can put out 12 Naboo Fighters, surely they can put out a slightly updated Tumbler (not the tan camo one).
Sharpie Clone

Postby Capta1nAm3rica » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:52 pm

I thought we were getting Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel sets and figures!
Capta1nAm3rica

Postby Marty » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:06 pm

Finally!
Remake of Freeze, Scarecrow, Penguin and Bane, not sure about white batman & Gordon though?
Would love to see the sets that these figures belong too?

Aquaman?

Next we'll be seeing the
Sheldon as the flash,
Batman as Howard,
The Green lantern as Leonard,
& Aqua Man Raj, I can't wait!
Marty

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:18 pm

Personally, I'd kind of like the "DC Heroes" line to live up to its name a bit more. The Marvel line seems to be chock full of variety, while over on the DC side, it isn't REALLY "DC Heroes" so much as Batman and his friends and villains....plus a couple token other guys tossed in. Aquaman is it? Really? I mean, I know Batman is popular, but c'mon.
Mister Ed

Next

Return to Licensed Themes