Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Collectible Minifigures Series 8

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Collectible Minifigures Series 8

Postby MicroJow » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:40 am

The list, according to Brickset:

Ancient Thespis
Pirate Captain
Conquistador
Enemy Robot
Evil Female Alien
Diver
Vampire
Fairy
Football Player
Trader
Skier
Red Cheerleader
Santa Claus
Boy in Bavarian costume
DJ
Cowgirl

I will with-hold my comments until we see a picture.

- MJ
MicroJow

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series 8

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:24 am

It's about time they did Santa. They already made a perfect Santa beard in an earlier wave, and they made a Santa torso for Santa Yoda. All they need is a decent Santa hat (which this BETTER have, not the repurposed pirate bandana).

Seriously, though, another Vampire? Does this one sparkle? An awful lot of alternate versions in this wave, if accurate.
Mister Ed

Postby Flynn » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:54 pm

I always liked the original Santa figure, and was always kinda glad they never updated it. Ah, well.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:14 am

Flynn wrote:I always liked the original Santa figure, and was always kinda glad they never updated it. Ah, well.

Really? I've always thought it was kind of lame. OK for somebody's homemade attempt to approximate Santa with the pieces available, but rather pathetic as an official LEGO version. The beard was too long, no printing at all, and a red pirate bandana for a hat? Sad, IMHO.

Unless you are talking about some other version of which I'm unaware.
Mister Ed

Postby Marty » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:24 am

With regards to the list of series 8 mini figures, is this final, as I have seen a picture of 8 figures on a yellow background?
So I was wondering are these the real deal or something else as they don't follow the list above.

http://fabjoueauxlego.com/2012/02/14/fu ... -series-8/

Marty
Marty

Postby bigospedros » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:44 am

Since that picture is from an article written in 2010 and since the Aquaman & Lady Vampire are now in Monster Fighters and we already had a Sherlock Holmes in Series 5 and that we know the colour scheme for Series 8 is red, I think this looks more like an idea creation rather than any indication of Series 8 to me ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby Draykov » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:42 am

Marty wrote:With regards to the list of series 8 mini figures, is this final, as I have seen a picture of 8 figures on a yellow background?
So I was wondering are these the real deal or something else as they don't follow the list above.

In addition to the reasons bigospedros has already provided, some of the comments from LEGO regarding "The Winchester" on Cuusoo make me doubt that we're gonna see a drunken hobo anytime soon. While I hadn't seen it before now, I'm reasonably certain that image with the yellow background is not from LEGO. A crusader also seems like an unlikely choice given LEGO's tendency to play it safe.

bigospedros wrote:...we know the colour scheme for Series 8 is red

If we're talking about packaging, I thought it was black. Seven is red.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Flynn » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:07 pm

Mister Ed wrote:Really? I've always thought it was kind of lame. OK for somebody's homemade attempt to approximate Santa with the pieces available, but rather pathetic as an official LEGO version. The beard was too long, no printing at all, and a red pirate bandana for a hat? Sad, IMHO.

I dunno, there was always something so blissfully simple about it that made it endlessly endearing for me. I've always thought simplicity was a huge factor in designing a minifigure, and in that respect Santa won out for me.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby bigospedros » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:41 pm

Draykov wrote:
If we're talking about packaging, I thought it was black. Seven is red.

D'oh, you're quite right ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Re: Collectible Minifigures Series 7

Postby SevFalcon » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:42 pm

Thanks for the info.

Nothing to really army build this time around unless folks are looking for a football team....
SevFalcon

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:08 am

SevFalcon wrote:Thanks for the info.

Nothing to really army build this time around unless folks are looking for a football team....

Or a cheerleading squad. :)
Gooker1

Postby crazybirdman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:57 am

SevFalcon wrote:Nothing to really army build this time around unless folks are looking for a football team....

Thespis might be great for background characters. And I could always use more cowgirls.
crazybirdman

Postby jclusman » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:10 am

jclusman

Postby naugem » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:31 am

I only buy about 2 figures per wave, but from this one only the conquistador seems interesting to me. That evens out with the 3 figs I bought from Wave 7 :)
naugem

Postby ufjason » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:46 am

eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby cas » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:50 am

When I first saw the top pic, I thought the robot was holding the pretzel and the Bavarian had the gun.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Solo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:06 am

Love that diver.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby SevFalcon » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:19 pm

Will this be the last series of the year?
SevFalcon

Postby Igginz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:36 pm

everyone on TBB is complaining about this series, but I like a lot of them. of course the diver, even though my GF hates steampunk, so I don't ever do that.
Igginz

Next

Return to Original Themes