Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Super Hero Stop Motion Cinema Contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: Super Hero Stop Motion Cinema Contest

Postby manfromporlock » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:25 pm

Stinks that only people with Apple devices can enter the contest.
manfromporlock

Postby Solo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:02 am

I agree.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Sologuy369 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:27 am

onions wrote:
zhouston wrote:
Sologuy369 wrote:So I can't use my custom Bucky made with official parts.

To add to this question, we can't create any minifigure at all even if it's from official parts (such as a bruce banner fig, or for that matter tony stark not in iron man suit)?

no, minifigs must be kept whole and be an official lego released minifig. no custom figures, even if you frankenstein a minifigure out of official elements, it won't be allowed.

Thanks but one more question. Can we use hairs? Like for stark or Loki when their helmets aren't on?
Sologuy369

Postby Brainslugged » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:02 am

I'd LOVE to enter this, but the only Apple device I have is a current-gen Nano so no go for me too.
Brainslugged

Postby crazybirdman » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:07 am

Question, are the minifigure speech bubbles allowed? Or any other LEGO product that isn't brick? Magnets, keychains, posters etc?
crazybirdman

Postby Solo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:08 pm

Sologuy369 wrote:Thanks but one more question. Can we use hairs? Like for stark or Loki when their helmets aren't on?
onions wrote:no, minifigs must be kept whole and be an official lego released minifig. no custom figures, even if you frankenstein a minifigure out of official elements, it won't be allowed.
Same answer still applies.

crazybirdman wrote:Question, are the minifigure speech bubbles allowed?
I'm not sure I follow you there, what are you talking about exactly?

crazybirdman wrote:Or any other LEGO product that isn't brick? Magnets, keychains, posters etc?
All that counts as Lego as far as I'm concerned. Fair game.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby crazybirdman » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:04 pm

Solo wrote:
crazybirdman wrote:Question, are the minifigure speech bubbles allowed?
I'm not sure I follow you there, what are you talking about exactly?

crazybirdman wrote:Or any other LEGO product that isn't brick? Magnets, keychains, posters etc?
All that counts as Lego as far as I'm concerned. Fair game.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/81087_Minifi ... ch_Bubbles
crazybirdman

Postby Solo » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:18 pm

I did not know those even existed. That's hilarious. Also, totally a Lego element, so kosher.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Ricky824 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:18 pm

So i cant put the Iron Man Head on Lex Luther's tux? Or is that not included as custom?
Ricky824

Postby minitrue11 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:33 am

Are those cartoony speech bubbles official lego elements? I thought they were from a different company.
minitrue11

Postby crazybirdman » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:09 am

If we decide to make our own title cards, do those have to brick-built?
crazybirdman

Postby Solo » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:59 am

Ricky824 wrote:So i cant put the Iron Man Head on Lex Luther's tux? Or is that not included as custom?
No, you can not:
Onions wrote:minifigs must be kept whole and be an official lego released minifig. no custom figures, even if you frankenstein a minifigure out of official elements, it won't be allowed.

minitrue11 wrote:Are those cartoony speech bubbles official lego elements? I thought they were from a different company.
Those appear to be as official as the keychain and magnet sets. Found them on Bricklink even. I'll allow it.

crazybirdman wrote:If we decide to make our own title cards, do those have to brick-built?
No, those can be hand drawn.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby zhouston » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:07 pm

Just to be clear, can the extras (people on a sidewalk, sitting in a restaurant, etc) be any random minifig or do they still have to be from the LEGO Superheroes line?
zhouston
David

Postby crazybirdman » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Can it star more that one hero? Like if I wanted to re-tell Sleepless in Seattle with Joker & Harley? The vid doesn't have to star only one character right?
Also, I'm assuming the video has to be made entirely with the app? No adding sound or effects after right?
crazybirdman

Postby zhouston » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:03 am

crazybirdman wrote:Can it star more that one hero? Like if I wanted to re-tell Sleepless in Seattle with Joker & Harley? The vid doesn't have to star only one character right?
Also, I'm assuming the video has to be made entirely with the app? No adding sound or effects after right?

onions wrote:- You MUST use the free LEGO Super Heroes Movie Maker app. That being said, you must own an iOS device with a built-in camera that can run the app.

- You must use only official LEGO elements in your movie. And in case it isn't obvious by that statement: you MUST use an officially licensed minifigure or minifigures made by LEGO from their LEGO Batman, LEGO Superheroes: DC, LEGO Superheroes: Marvel, or Spiderman lines. No custom figures or elements allowed.

So I assume it can star more than one hero, but it can only star heroes/villians from the specified sets, not other figs; and you must use the lego app to create a silent film-like video (so no added sound affects)
zhouston
David

Postby Solo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:00 am

That is correct.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby zhouston » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:09 am

zhouston wrote:Just to be clear, can the extras (people on a sidewalk, sitting in a restaurant, etc) be any random minifig or do they still have to be from the LEGO Superheroes line?
zhouston
David

Postby Solo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Guess I scrolled right past that question. Your extras do not have to be limited to superhero line. Generic figures are welcome, just don't go throwing in non-hero licensed themes.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby zhouston » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:49 pm

Solo wrote:Guess I scrolled right past that question. Your extras do not have to be limited to superhero line. Generic figures are welcome, just don't go throwing in non-hero licensed themes.

Gotcha, thanks Don!
zhouston
David

Postby crazybirdman » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Solo wrote:Your extras do not have to be limited to superhero line. Generic figures are welcome, just don't go throwing in non-hero licensed themes.

Just so I'm clear, no Stormtroopers, no Hobbitses, no Spongebob, no Aang, no Indy, or anything like that? The only licensed minifigs or parts allowed are Superheroes?

So much for Magneto vs Gandalf, or Doc Oc meets Satipo

Solo wrote:
Ricky824 wrote:So i cant put the Iron Man Head on Lex Luther's tux? Or is that not included as custom?
No, you can not:
Onions wrote:minifigs must be kept whole and be an official lego released minifig. no custom figures, even if you frankenstein a minifigure out of official elements, it won't be allowed.

Sorry to keep harping on this one, but does the character have to be whole & official though the whole video? Like can you have Tony in a suit turn into Iron Man? Or a superhero fashion show where they change from their official clothes into other (non-licensed) outfits?
crazybirdman

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds