Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Darth Vader Desk Lamp, New Clocks, Polybags Found

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Darth Vader Desk Lamp, New Clocks, Polybags Found

Postby Staff » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:24 pm

Darth Vader Desk Lamp

The highly anticipated, at least by me, Darth Vader desk lamp has been spotted at LEGOLAND California's Big Shop today along with a slew of other new products including the horned Darth Maul clock, a Savage Opress clock, 30056 Star Destroyer polybag (which was a UK newspaper promotional item), and 30058 STAP set. The desk lamp rang up as $59.99; the clocks were $32.99, and the polybags were $3.99 a piece. The also had the Thor polybag as well for $3.99. Pics below:

Darth Vader Desk Lamp - Inside Darth Maul Clock Savage Opress 30058 STAP 30056 Star Destroyer 30163 Thor

Thanks go out to Mos Eisley for the heads up.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/07/10/darth-vader-desk-lamp-new-clocks-polybags-found/
Staff

Re: Darth Vader Desk Lamp, New Clocks, Polybags Found

Postby LEGOlas » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:36 am

Could someone tell me how much they'd charge for a Thor?
LEGOlas

Postby aspin » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:53 am

The lamp is available in Australia at Target, I got mine on Sunday for $39 and I have to say it is awesome!!!
aspin

Postby bigospedros » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:36 am

LEGOlas wrote:Could someone tell me how much they'd charge for a Thor?

did you actually read the original post ??? :facepalm:

Onions wrote:The also had the Thor polybag as well for $3.99.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby deco_droid » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:27 am

aspin wrote:The lamp is available in Australia at Target, I got mine on Sunday for $39 and I have to say it is awesome!!!

The lamp (which is larger and much cooler than the clocks) has also been available for some time at amazon.com, and I saw it at a Barnes & Noble store a couple of months ago. Need to get out more, Ace-man? XD
deco_droid

Postby brickfett » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:39 am

How much light does the lamp provide?

I'm tempted to get one for my desk it look very cool, but I need an actual practical lamp not just a show piece.

Would be nice if it where both. Two birds and all that …
brickfett

Postby deco_droid » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:42 am

brickfett wrote:How much light does the lamp provide?

I'm tempted to get one for my desk it look very cool, but I need an actual practical lamp not just a show piece.

Would be nice if it where both. Two birds and all that …

the saber houses a string of LED's so yah, it's bright, but to me, it's more of a display piece, since it's basically just a way to get a mega scale vader fig on a cool base.
deco_droid

Postby darth_fett » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:54 pm

any word on how to get the polybags yet? I really need a Thor Fig or two, but not at the cost of the huge sets he comes in. i have to save my $$ for all the Star Wars i've been neglecting and the LOTR stuff that's coming out. And i wouldn't really mind some more STAPs, the one's i had before keep getting lost.
darth_fett

Postby volumex » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:10 am

Mega scale figs made for you to see the light. I think I'll only get to see these come year end :S
volumex

Postby CloneTrooper214 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:35 am

I'd love to get my hands on some of those polybags! Any idea if they'll sell them outside of LEGOLAND?
CloneTrooper214

Postby hobbie » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:49 pm

I've seen those 2 Star Wars polybags at several area (Louisiana) Walmarts for a few weeks now.
hobbie

Postby Tyrant » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:11 pm

The STAP and Star Destroyer polybags were available at Wal Marts around here around Easter. I think one or two of them still have a few. I am interested to see where else the Thor figure pops up though.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code
Bricklink Store
Tyrant

Postby mikado » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:38 pm

target still has some of the star destroyer bags but no sign of the thor and hawkeye bags but i cant wait to lay my hands on one of those lamps
mikado

Postby charmeleon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:03 am

I bought one of the vader lamps from target in Oz a few weeks back - it is awesome. You could use it as a normal desk lamp, it is pretty bright.

Question: how do you get the cape on it? Has anyone else managed? I would have thought you take the head off and put it over neck as it looks just like a larger scale minifig cape... but the head doesn't seem to come off (at least not easily) and I don't want to break it...
charmeleon

Postby aspin » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:20 am

charmeleon wrote:Question: how do you get the cape on it? Has anyone else managed? I would have thought you take the head off and put it over neck as it looks just like a larger scale minifig cape... but the head doesn't seem to come off (at least not easily) and I don't want to break it...

The Head is a push on, you just have to pull a bit as there is an expanding ring on top of the neck to keep the head on.
aspin

Postby jal4u2c » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:28 pm

The Vader Torch is bigger and cheaper than the new lamp. The only difference might be the brightness of the saber. The torch also adds the flashlight feature in the feet too. Guess you can never have too many LEGO Vaders that light up.
jal4u2c

Return to Star Wars