Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Team GB Olympic Minifigs

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Team GB Olympic Minifigs

Postby bigospedros » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:12 am

I just thought I'd share my custom display which I made for my Team GB Minifigs collection ...

Lego Team GB Olympic Minifigures Display by bigospedros, on Flickr

As a collection, they're a really nice set of figures. The printing is superb and the quality of the figures is great. Not many new pieces, apart from the horse riders headpiece ... this is rubbery to the touch, rather like the material used for Kit Fisto's headpiece. The baseplates are in white and custom printed with "TEAM GB" and the Olympic Rings logo.

As for the display ... it uses a 16 x 16 baseplate and an 8 x 16 baseplate and then some 1 x 4 modified bricks with studs on the side to create the angle and contact for the minifigure baseplates to attach to. The rest is just to make it look nicer!

As for the availability of these figures ... I've so far found 1 box in WHSmiths. They're charging £2.49 for each figure, which is a sad thing, since previously, Colletible MFs were not subject to their Lego markup :( I think other stores and certainly S@H have them for the usual £1.99.

For those that have asked me if I can help get them a box (or several) or just a complete set, I'm trying my best to find more boxes and if you've asked me I'll be in contact if and when I get them.

I do have a few spares in my Bricklink store (link is in my signature) but no longer a complete set as they've already been sold.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Return to Original Themes