Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Movie to Feature Batman and Superman; Casting Begins

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

LEGO Movie to Feature Batman and Superman; Casting Begins

Postby Staff » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:20 pm

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes

While we still don't know much about the upcoming Warner Bros. LEGO movie, now titled LEGO: The Piece of Resistance, Variety has offered a juicy update. It seems both Batman and Superman have joined the cast! Or I should say, the LEGO versions of Batman and Superman have joined the cast. Will Arnett (Arrested Development) is confirmed for the voice of the Dark Knight and Channing Tatum (G.I. Joe movies) is in consideration for the Man of Steel. In addition, Chris Pratt (NBC's Parks and Recreation) has been cast as the lead minifigure named "Emmet." Variety describes him as
an ordinary, law-abiding, Lego mini-figure who is mistaken for the most extraordinary MasterBuilder. He's drafted into a fellowship of strangers on a quest to stop an evil tyrant from gluing the universe together.

I've never considered gluing LEGO together as inherently evil, but I'm sure I'd freak out if I discovered one of my sets stuck together in such a manner. Whether or not that freak out warranted the assistance of Batman and Superman is another story. The film is scheduled for a February 28, 2014 release.

[via Variety]
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/06/26/lego-movie-to-feature-batman-and-superman-casting-begins/
Staff

Re: LEGO Movie to Feature Batman and Superman; Casting Begin

Postby Lich_Barrister » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Will Arnett as Batman? Awesome.
Lich_Barrister

Postby gunoz » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:07 am

Wonder if Emmet & crew's first stop will be the minifigure magnet factory... :roll:
gunoz

Postby batsamd » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:54 am

gunoz wrote:Wonder if Emmet & crew's first stop will be the minifigure magnet factory... :roll:

That gave me a chuckle, thanks. :)

According to the Variety report, this is going to be a theatrical movie, I thought it might have been a direct-to-DVD project. It's also going to be a mix of live-action and CG, I wasn't expecting that either.

I was hoping for a Padawan Menace type deal, just longer, that would have been great!

Hope this movie does good in the box office, kind of disappointed that the LEGO: Adventures of Clutch Powers direct-to-DVD movies seems to have died after the first one, I enjoyed it and was hoping to see the other two villains get captured.

EDIT: The Variety article says LEGO will produce sets based off of The Dark Knight Rises movie, but this IGN article has an update at the bottom that states:
IGN wrote:Update: LEGO's reps have confirmed that contrary to what the Variety article says, they "will not be producing The Dark Night Rises sets."
Last edited by batsamd on Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
batsamd

Postby onions » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:17 am

well this movie went from a must-not-see to maybe-if-i-catch-it-on-cable ranking for me.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Nerfman1234 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:59 pm

gunoz wrote:Wonder if Emmet & crew's first stop will be the minifigure magnet factory... :roll:

Actually, I would rather they go to the keychain factory...
Spoiler: show
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Nerfman1234

Postby danyolacrayola » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:39 pm

Has anybody noticed the glue on the sets inside the display lightboxes at TRU, Target and W-M? I always wonder what happens to those sets after the display run is over.
"Now this is podracing!"
Well, actually, you're flying an ARMED SPACESHIP not a glorified, unarmed swoop.
Freakin' kids.

_dMc_
danyolacrayola

Postby DocBlock » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:43 am

Most of those displays go directly back to the distributors and store managers are give explicit instruction about that. But every once in a while a distributor will forget to leave instructions to send it back and the employees get to fight over it. Some times the distributor will call for it after it's been divide up and the manager will just say sorry it's gone. Leave instructions next time.

Though I've never seen a LEGO one without the send back instructions.

The cardboard signs however are almost always up for grabs if an employee hasn't already laid claims on it. Not the big displays and character cut outs always, but the little signs and price tag signs when they have them.
DocBlock

Return to General LEGO Discussions