Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Pre-Order LEGO Batman Visual Dictionary & New LEGO Batman 2 Game Info

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Pre-Order LEGO Batman Visual Dictionary & New LEGO Batma

Postby batsamd » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:25 am

I preordered LEGO Batman 2 from Gamestop and selected the in-store pickup.

Does anyone know if, by using the in-store pickup, I'll be able to go into the store on launch day and pick it up, or will I have to wait for the game to arrive in the store I selected?

EDIT: Guess no one knew the answer to my question, so I called Gamestop yesterday to verify the details.
I was told the game will be available upon opening of your local store (10am CST for me) and the Lex minifig will be available as well.
batsamd

Postby batsamd » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:53 am

Picked up my copy of LEGO Batman 2 with my Luthor minifig.

The guy I talked to on the phone Sunday and the lady clerk I just talked with both made sure to see when I preordered the game and said I'd be eligible for the Luthor minifig.

Just thought to ask the lady clerk if there was a deadline when to preorder to get the Luthor minifig because I didn't see any deadline when I preordered.

The clerk said they don't know how many of the figures will be made, so no deadline posted, but the unofficial deadline was June 5th.

The clerk also told me she's already had a few preorder customers disappointed because they preordered to late. Honestly, if that had happened to me, I wouldn't pick up the game, especially since they didn't have a preorder deadline posted.

The clerk also said they never get enough of the LEGO minifigs (guessing she's also referring to the Capt. Jack PotC exclusive), I was hoping to be able to buy any leftovers. :)
batsamd

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:00 pm

I was going to stop by Target and pick up a copy of this on the way home. Turns out, according to their website, anyway, that stores will not be carrying the PC version. What the heck?
Mister Ed

Postby batsamd » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:14 pm

You can download a PC demo of LEGO Batman 2 now.
batsamd

Postby mikado » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:59 pm

no spoiler but i want luthors lab on wheels
mikado

Postby batsamd » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:43 am

Haven't seen Luthor's lab yet.

I just started this morning, played for about 10 minutes. Quit after beating Harley and dropping through the trap door on the stage where the Man of the Year award was being handed out.

Really like the voices, it helps with the story line since it's an original story.
batsamd

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:03 am

Yay! Contrary to Target's website, the PC version WAS available in store, so I have now played several levels and am boggled by how huge this thing is. I've REALLY got to unlock a hero that can fly...
Mister Ed

Postby zwolya » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:49 pm

My Luthor's face has a printing error :'(
Couldn't rip into the game yet, due to my PS3 needing an update, and me being smart enough to back up all my old game saves beforehand in case of a nasty total-wipe (believe me, it happened once and I was not happy), but I know that learning the map of the hub is basically the hardest part of picking up a new Lego game. And especially ones like Batman 1 and Harry Potter 1, where they drop you from the first cutscene into the first level, and (depending on how many story levels you play in a row) you might not even see the hub for quite some time. And the instructions (yes, I read them) say that Gotham is the biggest virtual Lego environment yet...
In other news, the back of the game says that both trophies and DLC are supported, meaning that my hunch about the heroes and villains character packs showing up in the Playstation store are good as confirmed :)
zwolya

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:25 am

Cheuck over at EB posted photos of his Electrosuit Batman. It's a really nice piece albeit missing the backpack:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67379&view=findpost&p=1327158
Gooker1

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes