Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Monster Fighters

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Re: Monster Fighters

Postby BrickDeth1123 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:32 am

I spotted these at my local TrU recently. The only one I haven't seen yet is the Zombie Graveyard, which I was most interested in. Anyone else spot or pick any of these up yet?
BrickDeth1123

Postby Darth Caedus » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:44 am

Zombie Graveyard hits in August. I have not picked any up yet but Drac's castle is sorely tempting. Def going to grab the Swamp Thing when I get a chance. It's just the matter of putting this before Lord of the Rings, which is hard for me and my wallet to stomach.
Darth Caedus

Postby BrickDeth1123 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:50 pm

Some of the prices are definitely cringe worthy. Tempting as they are I'm going to wait until they hit Wal-Mart or Target shelves. TrU's ten dollar price spike is just ridiculous.
BrickDeth1123

Postby Flynn » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:10 am

Picked up the Ghost Train not too long ago myself. Very fun set, though I'm not sure exactly about its value (if it's worth the price or not). Might post a review later.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Marty » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Though semi-related to the question, the Zombie set with the bride & groom would make a great cake topper with the caption "For better or Worse?" don't you think?
I'm also wondering how do you get the little poly bag set with the ghost and Grandfather clock, as it's not available at shop @ home is this a special?
Also as the Haunted house set is released in September with Lego be taking advanced orders for it?
I'm a big fan.
Marty

Postby BrickDeth1123 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:55 pm

Does anyone know when the Coffin Car will be available? Would it be an online exclusive? I'm really liking the look of it, plus it's a cheap opportunity to snag a Zombie.
BrickDeth1123

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:00 pm

Marty wrote:I'm also wondering how do you get the little poly bag set with the ghost and Grandfather clock, as it's not available at shop @ home is this a special?

Target, apparently:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8211
Mister Ed

Postby Marty » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:43 am

Thanks Ed,

Now on a different note, is it just me or are some of these sets lacking detail, I speak of mainly the monster Lab.
This seriously is lacking a lot of features of the studio one. Which was cheaper into the bargain!
Honestly there is nothing here that's special except a light up brick and a couple of new figures?

An if you think I'm being picky,
The original one had 5 figures, 6 if you included the ghost, parts moved and it had a lot more interesting things going on.
This one is bland to say the least.
Sorry but on this set, I think Lego took the easy path and got off lightly!
Marty

Postby NickBrick » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:14 am

I picked up a ghost cloxk polybag earlier this week, perfect addition to the haunted house.
TRU has the coffin car up on their website but it alwasy shows as out of stock.
I picked up the swamp creature set yesterday so the haunted house could have another occupant. I like this line but I am not going to jump in because exactly what Marty was saying. I do want the zombies set but do not think its worth $40
NickBrick

Postby BrickDeth1123 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:38 pm

I went into my local TRU and checked the availability of the Coffin Car. Guy said it'll be in stores, but not for a few weeks. I'll have to check back then. In the mean time I picked up the Werewolf set, I thought it would be a nice starter.
BrickDeth1123

Previous

Return to Original Themes