Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO to Produce Man of Steel Sets

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO to Produce Man of Steel Sets

Postby Staff » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:01 am

Man of Steel
image courtesy of Collider

According to this article on Variety.com, LEGO is set to produce sets based on Zack Snyder's upcoming reboot of Superman, titled Man of Steel with Henry Cavill donning the suit. The movie is slated for release next summer. If history is any indication, we may see some sets based on the earlier Christopher Reeve era films to be released as a collection before any sets that are tied to the Snyder film. There will also most likely a global on-shelf date for all Man of Steel related merchandise. We'll keep you posted as more info becomes available.

Thanks to Ben for writing it in.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/06/13/lego-to-produce-man-of-steel-sets/
Staff

Re: LEGO to Produce <em>Man of Steel</em> Sets

Postby deskp » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:10 am

"If history is any indication, we may see some sets based on the earlier Christopher Reeve era films to be released as a collection before any sets that are tied to the Snyder film."

Man of steel is a reboot, so you can't compare this to how potc and indiana jones lego was done.

Also they are already selling a superman set, so I dont see any reason for them to do sets based on the old films.
deskp

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:38 am

Earlier sets based on the Christopher Reeve films could be cool. Speaking of Reeve, he IS Superman. Sorry kids, Brandon Routh just didn't cut it. Sets such as a Daily Planet helicopter set from the first movie, Zod/Ursa/Non from Superman II (they did much more in that movie) would work. Or, it could be really bad, such as anything from Superman III or IV (Superman vs. Nuclear Man...how boring).
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby Nerfman1234 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:09 am

I think there should be a Fortress Of Solitude set. Now that would be cool. Although, I wonder if that will be in "Man Of Steel"? Still, it would be a great set to have....just imagine all the white bricks......
Spoiler: show
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Nerfman1234

Postby mikado » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:39 am

I see some sort of hall of solitude prolly without a hologram brando in our future
mikado

Postby The Phantom Menace » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Mofo Jones wrote:Earlier sets based on the Christopher Reeve films could be cool. Speaking of Reeve, he IS Superman. Sorry kids, Brandon Routh just didn't cut it.

A Lego Christopher Reeve as Superman would look different to Brandon Routh?!? Lego have got their Superman figure (let's just hope that he keeps his red pants unlike in the new film).
The Phantom Menace

Postby onions » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:59 pm

deskp wrote:"If history is any indication, we may see some sets based on the earlier Christopher Reeve era films to be released as a collection before any sets that are tied to the Snyder film."

Man of steel is a reboot, so you can't compare this to how potc and indiana jones lego was done.

Also they are already selling a superman set, so I dont see any reason for them to do sets based on the old films.

You may not see a reason for it, but that's what they're doing.

You do have a point about it being a reboot, but the hobbit isn't exactly a sequel either.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:54 pm

The Phantom Menace wrote:
Mofo Jones wrote:Earlier sets based on the Christopher Reeve films could be cool. Speaking of Reeve, he IS Superman. Sorry kids, Brandon Routh just didn't cut it.

A Lego Christopher Reeve as Superman would look different to Brandon Routh?!? Lego have got their Superman figure (let's just hope that he keeps his red pants unlike in the new film).

I meant in the movies. Not the LEGO version.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby cas » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:03 pm

I don't think any kids are going to argue that point. How many 'kids' even know who Brandon Routh is? If you had asked me who played Superman in the last film, I wouldn't have been able to tell you without looking it up.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Mofo Jones » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:38 am

Perhaps I should have said Tom Welling instead of Brandon Routh?
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby The Phantom Menace » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:39 pm

Mind you they haven't exactly done any Batman sets based off of the films. They've been rather generic. As long as we get a Clark Kent, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, Daily Planet set then that would be good. A Fortress of Solitude would be rather nice too.

As long as they do some decent figures (and not off of characters that have only appeared in the comics) then it should be good.
The Phantom Menace

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:22 pm

The Phantom Menace wrote:Mind you they haven't exactly done any Batman sets based off of the films.

I may be misremembering, but didn't they do a Tumbler set at some point? But yeah, that's the only one I can recall (IF I'm recalling correctly) that could be said to be "movie based".
Mister Ed

Postby Nerfman1234 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:34 pm

A Brando hologram would be great...but LEGO probably wouldn't do that.
Spoiler: show
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Nerfman1234

Postby crazybirdman » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:19 pm

The Phantom Menace wrote:As long as we get a Clark Kent, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, Daily Planet set then that would be good. A Fortress of Solitude would be rather nice too.

As long as they do some decent figures (and not off of characters that have only appeared in the comics) then it should be good.

Dude, we don't have Batgirl or Gordon or a Gotham Police building. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
crazybirdman

Postby Flynn » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:27 pm

Mister Ed wrote:I may be misremembering, but didn't they do a Tumbler set at some point? But yeah, that's the only one I can recall (IF I'm recalling correctly) that could be said to be "movie based".

They did, but the Tumbler itself and the Batman figure were the only things in the set that were directly based of the movie. The rest of the set was original.

I think we're more likely to be getting sets 'inspired by' scenes from the previous movies or something- in the same way that the two Batwing sets were pretty heavily based on the original Burton film, or the original Batmobile set was (I think, I could be wrong), inspired by Batman Forever.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Darth Caedus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Well, this means we have a strong chance of a Lego Russell Crowe, given that he is Jor-El. Other than that, I'm satisfied with the superb 20 dollar offering they put out in the previous wave which packed Lex, Supes and WW all into one fun, affordable package.
Darth Caedus

Postby uruk-hailordoflords » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:20 pm

I like that they are making sets for this movie , but on the pic : why is the curl gone? supeman has had the curl since his debut in the 1930's! that better just be a pre-production shot , or i will be ANGRY!
bow to the will of LOTR! urukhailordoflords
uruk-hailordoflords

Return to Licensed Themes