Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

lego kingdoms chess set

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

lego kingdoms chess set

Postby lostone » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:32 am

hey all

I saw the new lego kingdoms chess set on S&H, which is a must buy for my medievial collection (so many minifigs).

Do you think this means there could be more kingdom sets coming out? as i kinda figured that the joust set was going to be the end of that theme especially with LOTR being released.
but was also wondering if any of the old castle chest set cases would be compatable with it, and any idea were ya would get one, and what would be a resonable price for it.

Also what would the chances of a LOTR chess set being released later on.

disregard my query about the case, didnt read the review properly, apparently comes with a storage box lol :facepalm:
Last edited by lostone on Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lostone

Re: lego kingdoms chess set

Postby mikado » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:26 am

got a link for it?
mikado

Postby lostone » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:58 pm

http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/LEGO-Kingdom ... Set-853373

heres the link, but its oddly listed as sold out, and its is definatly first time ive seen it in the UK page.

With it already having reviews wondering if this was a region specific set, thats been posted by mistake.
lostone

Postby Draykov » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:23 pm

lostone wrote:Do you think this means there could be more kingdom sets coming out?

I think it was a couple of years ago, when it was announced that the original Pirates line was going away (to make room for Pirates of the Caribbean), LEGO mentioned that certain themes in the LEGO play themes group would be considered "evergreen" themes. While they may temporarily go out of circulation, they'd always come back at some point. I believe City, Castle, Pirates and Space were among these "evergreens."

So, to answer your question, there will likely be more castle at some point, though it may not be in the form of Kindgoms and you may not see it until LOTR and The Hobbit have run their course.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby SevFalcon » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:34 pm

Anybody pick up the chess set yet? Are the figures of the standard quality or more like the battle packs that were out a couple of years ago?
SevFalcon

Return to Original Themes