Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Official Announcement: 10228 Haunted House

Though we don't cover them in detail on FBTB, we all still love our Castle, Pirates, and Space LEGO too.

Official Announcement: 10228 Haunted House

Postby Staff » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:57 am

10228_002_FRONT

Unofficially teased back in mid-February, today sees the official announcement of LEGO Shop@Home's latest exclusive, 10228 Haunted House at the 20th anniversary of the Mall of America. An addition to the Monster Hunters line, the Haunted House weighs in at 2,064 pieces and will set you back $179.99 when it's released in September of this year, just in time for Halloween. For those of you keeping track, that's 63 pieces less than 10225 R2-D2 at the same price point. The little droid all of sudden doesn't seem like such a bad deal anymore. Anyways, hit the jump for more pics, the video, then the official press release at the end.

10228_box1_na 10228 NA 6012520.indd Lego Monsters Lego Monster Fighters Lego Monster Fighters Lego Monster Fighters Lego Monster Fighters Lego Monster Fighters Lego Monster Fighters Lego Monster Fighters Lego Monster Fighters Lego Monster Fighters Lego Monster Fighters Lego Monster Fighters Lego Monster Fighters Lego Monster Fighters Lego Monster Fighters 10228_007_FRONT_GHOST2 10228_006_FRONT_GHOST 10228_005_FRONTDRACULA 10228_004_FRONT_GATE 10228_003_FRONT_ZOMBIE-CHEF Lego Monsters

10228 Haunted House

Ages 14+. 2,064 pieces.

US $179.99 CA $199.99 DE 149.99 € UK 119.99 £ DK 1499 DKK

Enter the Haunted House at your peril!

The crooked Haunted House is home to the scariest ghosts and monsters. Tremble in fear as you open the gate, go weak at the knees as you step onto the porch and gasp in horror at the fireplace, kitchen, office, folding staircase, bedroom, potion room, music room and collection of other creepy objects. Dare you enter the Haunted House?!

• Add to your LEGO® Monster Fights Collection with the first officlal LEGO® Haunted House!
• Includes 6 minifigures: 2 glow-in-the-dark ghosts, Vampyre, Vampyre's Bride, Zombie chef and butler
• Features unique ‘crooked’ design featuring boarded up windows and working front gate.
• Haunted House opens to reveal detailed interior with 3 floors.
• First floor features fireplace that swings open and displays a ship in a bottle on the mantle.
• Cook up a ghoulish meal with the Zombie chef in the kitchen complete with old-style stove, jars and table.
• Write letters from the Vampyre’s haunted office.
• Pull the lever hidden in the chimney to release the drop down staircase and access the top floor.
• Top floor features gramophone, records and newspaper LEGO® elements.
• Customize the Haunted House with new stickers for wall hangings, spider webs and curtains.
• Measures 15.4” (39cm) high, 9.4” (24cm) wide and 7.5” (19cm) deep

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/06/09/officialy-announcement-10228-haunted-house/
Staff

Re: Officialy Announcement: 10228 Haunted House

Postby Flynn » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:26 am

For those of you keeping track, that's 63 pieces less than 10225 R2-D2 at the same price point. The little droid all of sudden doesn't seem like such a bad deal anymore.

To be fair, that little droid is composed mostly of a bunch of little pieces, so it's about the same deal-wise.

I'm a bit disappointed with this, to be honest, but that's mostly because I thought it was going to be part of the Modular line instead of a straight Monster Fighters set, so as a set it's really pretty good (exterior is great). Shame the interior is so lacking, though...
Last edited by Flynn on Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Brainslugged » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:08 pm

Nothing in the Monster range has appealed to me so far, but this is a must-buy. Shame the floors don't remove to keep it in line with the modular houses.
Brainslugged

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:39 pm

It's Monster Fighters, Ace, not Monster Hunters. HUGE difference. ;)

It's funny that it doesn't include any actual monster fighters, but the minifigs that we do get are great. And the set itself sure hits the ball out of the park for this theme! So many great details!

The video is marked as private by the way. :(
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby mikado » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:08 pm

i know maybe the video will be up next week but the set looks cool, and you get herman, lilly and grandpa lol
mikado

Postby daevster » Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:59 pm

I've always wanted a Disney's Haunted Mansion set, so this set is almost a dream come true. Beautiful exterior and lots of cool little details, especially the antlers hanging on the wall XD
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/83288
http://www.youtube.com/user/daevster

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome..." -Walter Elias Disney
daevster

Postby sparkart » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Definitely a Munsters set, but if they include an extra minifig hand, it's the start of an Addams Family set, no?
sparkart

Postby shoggoth666 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Looking forward to this set, another must have.
shoggoth666

Postby banthafodder » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:59 pm

I have been so waiting for a set like this. Absolute must buy for me. The vampire hearse will look perfect in fromt of it for a great Munsters look. I really hope this marks the beginning of a Halloween theme village like the Christmas buildings over the last few years.
banthafodder

Postby Flynn » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:03 pm

daevster wrote:I've always wanted a Disney's Haunted Mansion set, so this set is almost a dream come true.

I could definitely see someone modding it into a really nice Phantom Manor.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Marty » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Finally, some decent pictures, pity most of the imagination stuff was left to the outside as the inside is very sparse.
No Books, Suit of Armer, or fire place, stuffed bear, etc. Oh well.
I don't know why Lego didn't expand on this before as the monster sets where an excellent theme, heaps better than most.
This set is one for the collection, along with some of the other sets in the monster fighter range.
But I'll let you lot judge that?
I just hope they don't make these exclusive as that's what put me off from buying some themes as by you got around to buying it, it would be sold out!
Anyway, great set, love the figures, hope to do some re-modelling if and when I get it, lights, sounds would be a nice effect, as too a decent background, (why lego never does this beats me?).
A "Poster" Lego people?
Was annoyed that there was no old dame in a rocking chair looking through the attic window?
Hope this is the start of something big as this could be whats missing in the Lego themes.
Anyway thank you for posting the pictures, as September seems along time away.
Marty
Marty

Postby daevster » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:49 pm

Flynn wrote:
I could definitely see someone modding it into a really nice Phantom Manor.

Now I'm getting ideas of recreating Thunder Mesa from Disneyland Paris once I aquire said "Phantom Manor" set :shock:
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/83288
http://www.youtube.com/user/daevster

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome..." -Walter Elias Disney
daevster

Re: Official Announcement: 10228 Haunted House

Postby nace10 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:45 am

Cool!!! It's huge!!!
(First post!!!)
Visit my website, witch has stuff about Legos!!! nace10.shutterfly.com
nace10

Postby Bellicose » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:51 am

If this was an official announcement, why is the YouTube video private?!?
Bellicose

Postby Darth Caedus » Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Underwhelming for a 180 monster (pun intended). A paucity of minifigures, and most of them are rehashes - the house itself is cramped and rather sparse - honestly it seems like there is less to do here than in the much-cooler Castle Dracula in the Monster Fighters line proper! For almost double the price and reused minifigures I would have expected something far more impressive - a full size organ like the cute one from the castle, or a superior floor design: the rooms are populated with throwaway trimmings and the hinge mechanism is more suited to a dollhouse - modular floors would fit this better, in the style of the similarly priced City buildings. Definitely a pass. Hope we get one more wave of Monster Fighters though - I think there's some more ideas they could explore: a more gritty vampire's crypt with more of the brown Manbats, a Himalayan rope bridge with Yeti, a jungle or forest with Sasquatch, a steampunk ship with kraken, a Banshee... with this haunted house the lego Dracula motif feels pretty played out.
Darth Caedus

Postby Marty » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Regarding "There's more ideas to explore", and that the haunted house has been pretty much played out?
I disagree, infact the Haunted house is a great add-on, though maybe not in this form, but as modular play sets, then it would have been something. It always struck me that when the first HP sets where released that they could be connected to make a larger castle, so why not something like a Haunted house.
Cluedo or Scoobie doo house would be a good starting point, they have different rooms that add interest and each room would add part of the final story. A tile map could lead to a clue, solve the clue, solve the mystery?
And this could be change each time you crack the code.
It would be an interesting game and a way to insure you attention to detail was needed.

As for ideas or expanding the character range;

A Old-style deep-sea diver coming from the swamp.
A hell-hound, in the moors.
A ghost captain, and his crew (not POTC!) think the fog.
Death and his coach.
A proper mummy and the tomb & treasure to go with it
I really like the banshee idea.
A Jeckel & hyde character with a lab.
And finally with frankensteins bride, a better lab, the current one's needs work.

On a final note, the house has potential, you just have to give it a chance, Marty

One idea, I'd like to see with this is to add a sound chip to each monster figure or in the case of the mummy red "leds" in the eyes.
As theres nothing better than something doing the unexpected, and with this range it would work!
Marty

Postby Blacknight » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Awesome exterior, boring interior, strange figure assortment, not worth full price.
Blacknight

Postby Darth Caedus » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Blacknight wrote:Awesome exterior, boring interior, strange figure assortment, not worth full price.

A much more succinct summary of my sentiment.

And @Marty, Jekyll and Hyde is a perfect idea because they could use one of those tried and true spinny switch doors with a meek Jekyll and fearsome Hyde. Throw in some beakers and a table and you've got a 6.99 set ready to go.
Darth Caedus

Postby deco_droid » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:13 am

i like the old, vintage monster movies, so I like this set, very cool design -- it actually has more interior detail than some of the modulars so i'm not sure why people are critical of the interior. sure it could have more, but it has nice little details throughout. i'm sold.
deco_droid

Postby Yodalicious » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:46 am

Although not a modular design, that's my first plan with it. Will be turning it into a haunted attraction of sorts.
Yodalicious

Return to Original Themes